Batman: Arkham Origins

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Variety has learned that WBIE (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) is set to introduce members of the Justice League of America in the next installment of Rocksteady's Batman series.

The entertainment trade magazine reports that the much-anticipated sequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will, in fact, be a prequel centred on Batman's first meeting with his arch-nemesis The Joker. Stylistically, it's said to be based on the Silver Age era of DC's comicbooks, dating from the 1950s, when Batman first team up with other iconic DC heroes, like Superman and The Flash, establishing the Justice League of America.

Variety claims this is part of a conscious effort by Warner Bros. to expose audiences to the Justice League of America, as it ramps up production on a JLA movie. It also reports the game will be released in 2014 at the earliest.

from http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel

If this real I don't know if excited or worried.

What would make you worried? I hope it's real. I want to play this!

And if this is made, this would make a second game the JLA is brought into a game through a Batman one.

Re: Arkham Silver Age Prequel

What would make you worried? I hope it's real. I want to play this!

My biggest complaint with Arkham City was while it was good game, the stealth and thinking parts were toned down and the beat 'em aspect increased. This would most likely do the same as how can you stealth as Superman? or flash? they are not stealthy characters. So I'm assuming it'll be more Spider-man 2 and less Arkham Asylum.

This idea is dumb. Keep the JLA out of Batman. And Joker. He had his time to shine. Let's move on with another main villain like Scarecrow and follow up in the threads that City left hanging while continuing to expand the rogues gallery with more interesting villains such as Clock King. Clock King would be an excellent addition to the Arkham-verse.

I like the idea of a Silver Age prequel. It could be a cool stylistic shift.

But I was looking forward to a legitimate sequel. A Jokerless Gotham sounds way more interesting than yet another story about the same villain.

I wonder if they'll have the other heroes as playable characters. Guest stars would probably be the more sensible move, but making it a prequel means you could have younger, more managably powered versions of the other guys, and set the blueprint for games starring other properties.

Last edited:
I think that the idea is good, I just don't know how they're gonna make it as dark as the previous ones. And bringing in the Justice League... What is that about. I think they're just bringing them in to push the idea of having a film made.

That seems like the perfect idea for an Arkham sequel. I'm pretty disappointed they aren't taking it.

Taking different areas controlled by different enemies which is exactly what the series was. I would like to drive a batamobile and play as other characters.

I don't have any worries they'll pull this off. The Scarecrow, Ra's, and Hatter levels all seemed to alude to bigger set pieces anyway.

And Arkham City was basically No Man's Land anyway.

I don't have any worries they'll pull this off. The Scarecrow, Ra's, and Hatter levels all seemed to alude to bigger set pieces anyway.

And Arkham City was basically No Man's Land anyway.

Yeah, well, if you look at it like that, it was a No Man's Land that really didn't live up to the potential.

Yeah, well, if you look at it like that, it was a No Man's Land that really didn't live up to the potential.

Both games involved going to different areas controlled by villains. Cells and Buildings in the Asylum and entire areas in City.

I think No Man's Land would be bigger, no Joker, allies. Plus I want a moment where Batman loses his mind and you can run around as the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh.

So Paul Dini revealed he won't be involved with the third Arkham game (whether it be sequel or the rumored JLA prequel idea). Wonder if they'll hire another writer or keep it all in house at Rocksteady. Hope it doesn't result in a less interesting story.

So Paul Dini revealed he won't be involved with the third Arkham game (whether it be sequel or the rumored JLA prequel idea). Wonder if they'll hire another writer or keep it all in house at Rocksteady. Hope it doesn't result in a less interesting story.

Yup so far everything about this project sounds bad to me.

It sounds like a decision mandated from on high....

But Rocksteady has plenty of lead time and they haven't disappointed me yet, so I'm tentatively hopeful. Still a long way off.

We may be seeing Arkham 3 sooner than we thought. Reports based on WB's Q4 Earnings have stated that the next Arkham game is scheduled for release this year. The fourth quarter is Oct-Dec, though it's possible the game may be pushed. Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175001-batman-arkham-city-follow-up-coming-this-year

Also, it was reported WB was registering domain names (obviously in anticipation for the game's release). Here's a link which features the domain names that were registered.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-3-Possible-Titles-Revealed-51361.html

Now if the "Silver Age Prequel" rumors are true, I'd think that the titles Arkham Arises, Arkham Origins, Arkham Begins (really uninspired there), Arkham Legends would all work with the Prequel idea in mind. Also considering the rumors of the JLA appearing, Arkham Legends and Arkham Universe also could work with the JLA idea.

We'll see. If the fiscal report is accurate, we'll probably get an official announcement sometime in the next several months which will reveal more about it.

As a huge fan of the first two Arkham games, I'm excited.

We may be seeing Arkham 3 sooner than we thought. Reports based on WB's Q4 Earnings have stated that the next Arkham game is scheduled for release this year. The fourth quarter is Oct-Dec, though it's possible the game may be pushed. Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175001-batman-arkham-city-follow-up-coming-this-year

Also, it was reported WB was registering domain names (obviously in anticipation for the game's release). Here's a link which features the domain names that were registered.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-3-Possible-Titles-Revealed-51361.html

Now if the "Silver Age Prequel" rumors are true, I'd think that the titles Arkham Arises, Arkham Origins, Arkham Begins (really uninspired there), Arkham Legends would all work with the Prequel idea in mind. Also considering the rumors of the JLA appearing, Arkham Legends and Arkham Universe also could work with the JLA idea.

We'll see. If the fiscal report is accurate, we'll probably get an official announcement sometime in the next several months which will reveal more about it.

As a huge fan of the first two Arkham games, I'm excited.

Word is this year's title will be produced by a studio other than Rocksteady, which means we could be getting a proper Arkham sequel this year while Rocksteady preps the silver age game for next year (and quite possibly a new generation of systems). It would make sense. Have another studio wrap up the loose story ends while Rocksteady preps a new series on a new set of systems with a fresh slate, possibly laying road for video game versions of other DC characters.

That'd be a surprise. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd love a new Arkham game sooner rather than later, but I'd prefer a quality game that builds on what's already been established, both in terms of story and gameplay. Not sure I'd trust a new studio (competent as they might be) to take the reins and make an even better game than Arkham City.

Also, the web domain names suggesting possible titles for a new Arkham game seem to hint at the release for this year being the prequel. Of course it's entirely possible two of those names will end up as Arkham titles, one this year as a follow up to AC and the prequel next year for the next gen systems.

Damn it, that means I'll have to buy a new system.

Latest posts

Back