Captain America Movie

Jason Lewis.

Say hello to Cap and his pet dog Bucky.
jason_lewis.jpg

More pictures:
http://photobucket.com/images/jason lewis/

I must agree. But can he act?

His film and TV credits are practically non-existent.

Langsta just has a crush is all!

Heck, now I gots a crush.

I just wanna say that Doom, Your Friendly Neighborhood Hollywood Genius, said this well over a year ago...IN THIS VERY THREAD:

Doom Casts Jason Lewis

Granted...that was a year ago. Now I'm all about Worthington playing Cap. Seriously.

And with a storyline combining the best of ourchair's and my storyline from like the first 6 pages of this thread.

Hollywood NEEDS me at the helm of ALL comic book movies.

Jason Lewis would be pretty cool as Cap. He's a likeable actor and seems pretty talented.

His face is kind of creepy, though. Not really in that photo, but in some other stuff I've seen him in, he just looks like he's had tons of plastic surgery to get the perfect 'Hollywood look' to the point of looking scary.

Not sure how I feel about Worthington.

I'm going to throw this out there because while I don't think this is what Langsta was trying to say, it does go hand in hand with his comment about equating a non-American playing Cap with terrorism or whatever.

I don't agree with that, but I do think that in the eyes of movie goers and some critics it would be an early and major strike against this movie if there was a non-American playing Captain America. And it would be kind of a ridiculous notion if you think about it.

I do think that in the eyes of movie goers and some critics it would be an early and major strike against this movie if there was a non-American playing Captain America. And it would be kind of a ridiculous notion if you think about it.

I have to disagree.

As the most American American on this forum, I have to tell you that the notion of an Australian actor playing an iconic American hero, doesn't bother me in the least bit.

While the idea of a non-American playing an American super soldier might seem a bit ironic or out of place...it really shouldn't matter. That's like saying we only want white people from Kentucky or Denver as our President.

So what if he's Australian? Does he have an American working Visa? Is he here legally to do work? Is he looking to have a viable residence here that he pays taxes on? If he's answered yes to any of these questions...then give that man a pass!

I have to disagree.

As the most American American on this forum, I have to tell you that the notion of an Australian actor playing an iconic American hero, doesn't bother me in the least bit.

While the idea of a non-American playing an American super soldier might seem a bit ironic or out of place...it really shouldn't matter. That's like saying we only want white people from Kentucky or Denver as our President.

So what if he's Australian? Does he have an American working Visa? Is he here legally to do work? Is he looking to have a viable residence here that he pays taxes on? If he's answered yes to any of these questions...then give that man a pass!
Agreed. It doesn't bother me at all either.

I'm not saying there will be a huge backlash against it. There will be plenty of people - probably even the majority - that will not have an issue with it.

But I do believe there will be a number of people who will be very vocal about it. I would imagine several critics would make a big deal out of it.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It wouldn't prevent me from watching it. But in my eyes it would be a valid point.

I guess I'm also looking at it from a biased standpoint.

As a comic fan, I want the best representation of the character and stories I can get. And if that means I need to get an Australian actor to play a amnesiatic-claw poppin'-Canandian...then so be it.

And from avid Hollywood fan and wannabe producer/director/caster----if that means to get the best portrayal of Capt America, I need to get an Australian actor...then so be it.

I guess I can see how the average movie-goer or critic could see the irony. But still......

I'm not saying there will be a huge backlash against it. There will be plenty of people - probably even the majority - that will not have an issue with it.

But I do believe there will be a number of people who will be very vocal about it. I would imagine several critics would make a big deal out of it.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It wouldn't prevent me from watching it. But in my eyes it would be a valid point.

... FOX news?

As a comic fan, I want the best representation of the character and stories I can get. And if that means I need to get an Australian actor to play a amnesiatic-claw poppin'-Canandian...then so be it.

And from avid Hollywood fan and wannabe producer/director/caster----if that means to get the best portrayal of Capt America, I need to get an Australian actor...then so be it.

With the exception of Langsta, I think we've all said the same thing/agreed, including E.

In terms of your concern E, I definitely think it's a possibility, but even if Fox News and any three other big outlets made an issue out of it, I still doubt almost anyone would notice/care.

The biggest risk, I think, would be Colbert making a big deal out of it that, joking or otherwise, overshadows the film. At first.

Also, for the record, I'm not actually that crazy about Worthington in the role. I liked him a lot in Terminator: Salvation, but he doesn't seem like Steve Rogers to me.

I agree that it wouldn't really matter from a performance standpoint, but it probably would matter to a whole bunch of people.

And I wouldn't really care for Worthington in the role. Bradley Cooper maybe? Everyone wanted him to get Hal Jordan and they're similar enough.

I agree that it wouldn't really matter from a performance standpoint, but it probably would matter to a whole bunch of people.

And I wouldn't really care for Worthington in the role. Bradley Cooper maybe? Everyone wanted him to get Hal Jordan and they're similar enough.

I think Cooper's too much of a pretty boy to play Captain America. But there are certainly worse choices for the role.

I think Cooper's too much of a pretty boy to play Captain America. But there are certainly worse choices for the role.

I can't see Cooper playing Capt America. To be honest, he's to personnable to play Steve Rogers.

I can see Cooper playing someone like Hawkeye or IronFist. But not Capt.

Hell...give him a speech coach and I wouldn't have a problem with Cooper playing Red Skull! Epecially with those piercing blue eyes beneath that red mask.

Honestly folks...unless Hollywood can produce a super-perfect unknown...Worthington is my choice for Capt. Hands down.

The guy they got to play Thor would have been good. But oh well. If only we could go back in time, get him to play Cap and get Alex Skarsgard to be Thor. That would be sick.

I can say that if they decided to do a direct adaptation of the rougher, tougher, Ultimate Cap, then it would be Jensen Ackles (my avatar) hands down.

When I re-read Ultimates 1 recently, I heard Ackles' voice when Cap shouted "What are you waiting for, ladies? CHRISTMAS?!"

Latest posts

Back