Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 2 #13
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #14
Ultimate Comics X-Men #15
Ultimate Spider-Man #5
Venom #22
Venom #23
Web Of Spider-Man #129.1
Web Of Spider-Man #129.2

oh, they're doing .1s for all the old cancelled Spider-Man titles? No thanks. :roll:

but anyway.

Amazing Spider-Man #691
Amazing Spider-Man #692
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #13
Ultimates #14
Spider-Men #4

What's wrong with that? Too gimmicky?

And how is Dark Avengers up to #179 already?

It's using the Thunderbolts numbering.

Aren't .1 issues supposed to be jumping on points? What's the point of jumping on to a cancelled comic?

What's wrong with that? Too gimmicky?

Celebrating 50 Years of the Great Responsibility of his Great powers, The Spider-Man 50th Anniversary Series collects the Webbed Wonder's greatest heretofore secret history! Spanning from his earliest days as a hero to the heyday of the heralded Big Time era and everything in between, a collection of Marvel Legends, venerated comic creators and awe-inspiring artists shine the spotlight on everything that makes Spider-Man the World's Greatest Superhero!
32 PGS. all-new content/Rated T …$2.99

Peter Parker, Spider-Man #156.1
ROGER STERN (W)
ROB DE LATORRE (A)
Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR

Sensational Spider-Man #33.1& 33.2
TOM DEFALCO (W)
CARLO Barberi (A)
Covers by SIMONE BIANCHI

Web of Spider-Man #129.1 & 129.2
STUART MOORE (W)
DAMION SCOTT (A)
Cover by MIKE MCKONE

Anniversary untold Spider-Man stories that pick up where the series was cancelled (10-17 years ago) are the definition of gimmicky. Especially ones written by Tom DeFalco. I wouldn't be surprised if these had holofoil dye-cut polybags.

Except Roger Stern is one of my favourite Spidey-writers ever. I might check that one out.

Yeah I saw Defalco's name on it after I posted that. He's the worst.

I really really liked Spider-Girl (which he wrote) but mostly just because it felt very "classic" 1960s teen Spidey drama.

Everything else he's ever done is crap. (That might be an overstatement...I don't think it is though.)

I really really liked Spider-Girl (which he wrote) but mostly just because it felt very "classic" 1960s teen Spidey drama.

Everything else he's ever done is crap. (That might be an overstatement...I don't think it is though.)

It's not. He really is terrible. One of the worst I've ever read. I have no idea how he continues to get work.

As for Spider-Girl...I seem to remember trying it after people were upset one of the times it was cancelled (or rumored to be) and found it just as bad as anything else i'd read by him.

As for Spider-Girl...I seem to remember trying it after people were upset one of the times it was cancelled (or rumored to be) and found it just as bad as anything else i'd read by him.

It really had a niche market. It wasn't terribly well written and I'm sure another writer could have made it more interesting, but it was a cool concept and I liked that it gave Spider-Man's story a happy ending and continued his legacy.

Latest posts

Back