My pulls from DC are getting smaller and smaller as we go into the New 52. I doubt I'll be keeping Swamp Thing with Snyder leaving and I can't see sticking with Animal Man without Swamp Thing. I think the same thing will happen whenever Kyle Higgins leaves Nightwing. I really like his version of the character.

BATMAN #18
TALON #6
NIGHTWING #18
WONDER WOMAN #18
ANIMAL MAN #18
SWAMP THING #18
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #18
JSA LIBERTY FILES: THE WHISTLING SKULL #4

7 ongoings that will probably drop down to 5 after this month. two months ago I didn't buy any Marvel and I'll be getting 3 from them this month. At this rate Image will be beating everyone else in about a year.

My pulls from DC are getting smaller and smaller as we go into the New 52. I doubt I'll be keeping Swamp Thing with Snyder leaving and I can't see sticking with Animal Man without Swamp Thing.

^ My exact thoughts when I read Snyder was leaving Swamp Thing.

I gave the new 52 a fair shake - I read the first 5 issues of every single book. A vast majority of it was crap, and I've slowly been dropping off what wasn't. But they got what they wanted; a short-term bump in readers who should have known better given the names involved in the books.

I think now I'm only reading Batman, Batman & Robin, Frankenstein (getting cancelled), Swamp Thing (probably done when Snyder leaves), Animal Man, Green Lantern (very meh), Talon, and I think Earth Two. If there are others they must be completely unremarkable because I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Honestly I was pretty hot on it when it started. I wasn't reading a whole lot and what I was wasn't doing much for me. I tried half of the new 52 and stuck with quite a but of it. I've slowly been dropping books as the creative teams changed or as the quality dropped until I'm left with just a few. At this point Image and Marvel are doing so much more right than DC. And that's without going into things like the Simone firing or Karen Berger walking or the constant stories about the nightmare that is DC editorial.

I want to like you DC, you just make it so damned difficult.

Marvel's Up. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42630

Marvel:

Alpha: Big Time #2
Avengers #7
Avengers #8
Avenging Spider-Man #18
New Avengers #4
Scarlet Spider #15
Superior Spider-Man #5 (maybe, still waiting to see how the first issue pans out.)
Superior Spider-Man #6 (maybe, still waiting to see how the first issue pans out.)
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 2 #21
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #22
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #23
Ultimate Comics Wolverine #1
Ultimate Comics X-Men #24
Ultimate Spider-Man #12
Venom #32
Wolverine Max #5

Last edited:
Young Avengers #3 (maybe)
Hawkey #9
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #21
Daredevil #24
Wolverine and the X-Men #26 & 27
Uncanny Avengers #5

Avengers v X-Men TPB

Last edited:
Avengers arena #6
Avengers #7&8
New avengers #4
Doom 2099 the complete collection by Warren Ellis

I hope that if they are soliciting a ten issue series drawn by Bryan Hitch that they have the entire thing in the can.

McNiven on Guardians of the Galaxy is cool, but Bendis? Not sure about that one.

AVENGERS #7 & 8
JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • DUSTIN WEAVER (A/C)
ISSUE #7
"WORLD BREAKER"
• The Avengers must scramble to deal with the threat of another Universal SYSTEM.
• The New Adam is transformed, and his true self revealed.
• And the most dangerous hero on Earth is created.
ISSUE #8
"SYSTEM FAILURE"
• The Avengers face off against the World Breaker.
• Discover the imminent threat to the Avengers World.
• Watch as we get our first hints as the hidden connections between the events of Avengers and New Avengers.
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

I don't know what any of that means but I'm really excited for it. I might have to start picking this up in issues.

ALPHA: BIG TIME #2 (of 5)
JOSHUA FIALKOV (W) • NUNO PLATI (A)
COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
• Alpha, inarguably the greatest super hero of his or any past and future time, has been restored to power by the Superior Spider-Man!

Ugh. Not that again.

I don't really see anything new that looks interesting but my current read list all looks good: Indestructible Hulk, Daredevil, Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF. Mediocre books still look mediocre: Spider-Man, All-New X-Men.

Interesting that the Fantastic Four trade collects that as well as FF and they aren't being collected separately. The stories barely mesh at this point.

The Wolverine book is 720 pages and $200. Ridiculous.

Re: That Ellis Doom 2099 book - can you pretty much pick up on that series where he started? Or is it essential to read the first 23 issues?

E said:
I hope that if they are soliciting a ten issue series drawn by Bryan Hitch that they have the entire thing in the can.
Cap Canuck pointed out in the thread for it that Hitch is only doing the first 5 issues.

And they actually waited until Hitch drew all 5 of his issues before soliciting.

Cap Canuck pointed out in the thread for it that Hitch is only doing the first 5 issues.

And they actually waited until Hitch drew all 5 of his issues before soliciting.

Ok.

Still, changing artists halfway through is a TERRIBLE idea.

Ok.

Still, changing artists halfway through is a TERRIBLE idea.

They say that there is a story reason for it but that kind of thing never plays well for me. I'm ok with you guys changing things up because you want to ship timely, just don't BS us on it.

They say that there is a story reason for it but that kind of thing never plays well for me. I'm ok with you guys changing things up because you want to ship timely, just don't BS us on it.

Me too, and exactly.

Latest posts

Back