DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

I meant when did he get shot the first time again. I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.
ah, gotcha. I don't have any specific indicator in my notes for the film, but I also get pretty bad with keeping focus so something may have been said that went in one ear and out the other.

I think I'll just leave all The Flashpoint Paradox before Justice League: War except the beginning and end, which will always be the latest on the timeline, to account for the suits and voice actor changes. Putting the Pre-Flashpoint and Flashpoint timelines as seperate things would just be confusing because the Speedforce sequence wouldn't fit anywhere.
Maybe just the end of the film should be post-everything-else.

I think I'll just leave all The Flashpoint Paradox before Justice League: War except the beginning and end, which will always be the latest on the timeline, to account for the suits and voice actor changes. Putting the Pre-Flashpoint and Flashpoint timelines as seperate things would just be confusing because the Speedforce sequence wouldn't fit anywhere.
Maybe just the end of the film should be post-everything-else.
That's fair. I think for Narrative purposes the Speed Force scene could be put as the end of the Flashpoint timeline section if you chose to go that route, but that movie certainly does raise a lot of questions that it doesn't seem the crew has been all too interested in figuring out. To me, I don't think the VA change is too important, but I wasn't thinking about the suits. Perhaps for all intents and purposes, it may be best to go with the interpretation that it's all a timeline separate from what we see play out in the main timeline. But then that wouldn't explain Thawne...... Hmmmmm

That's fair. I think for Narrative purposes the Speed Force scene could be put as the end of the Flashpoint timeline section if you chose to go that route, but that movie certainly does raise a lot of questions that it doesn't seem the crew has been all too interested in figuring out. To me, I don't think the VA change is too important, but I wasn't thinking about the suits. Perhaps for all intents and purposes, it may be best to go with the interpretation that it's all a timeline separate from what we see play out in the main timeline. But then that wouldn't explain Thawne...... Hmmmmm
Done. To be fair, The Death of Superman: Part 1 had an alternative suit for Wonder Woman, but it's still firmly in this universe.

Done. To be fair, The Death of Superman: Part 1 had an alternative suit for Wonder Woman, but it's still firmly in this universe.
Glad theres a similar point of reference elsewhere! I guess we can chalk it up to part of that poor planning that Tucker mentioned.

Just started Throne of Atlantis. Pretty funny that one of the first shots is of a dad looking at his son's phot and the sun is playing with figures of Superman and Cyborg. Those toy companies move fast in this world!

Just finished ToA (had some matters to attend to during the film...)

Not much of note, Steve Trevor says "No, we changed it last week, Justice League tested better." in regards to the team name "Super Seven". I suppose that perhaps it's not neccesarily only 7 days since war, but that its upwards of 14 days to make sense of a couple lines that feel like it's been more than a handful full of days. (Say, War happens on a Monday and then Throne on the Sunday of the next week)

Looks like this is the final word regarding how the timelines work.

James Tucker.PNG

So, everything in Flashpoint is PRe-Flashpoint timeline or Flashpoint timeline except for the post-credits sequence.

Also, just finished Batman vs Robin. This may be loose, but I think the film should be moved to March 2014 rather than January. Early in the movie, Bruce says "After all these months together. All I taught you. You revert to the assassin your grandfather wanted you to be." Right now, where we have it is two months after Son of Batman. However, a little later on it's revealed Bruce and Samantha have been dating for 3 months.

We first get confirmation that the Court of Owls is tracking Damian in "Nightwing and Robin", which happens during Throne of Atlantis (Nov. 2013), and while we learn in BvR that Samantha was unaware Bruce and Batman were one and the same, it makes sense, to me at least, that the Court of Owls would start work on both plans around the same time. With the potential of up to 14 days between the two JL movies, and no mention of Samantha in any of the first 3 films, I'd say her involvement with Bruce likely started shortly after those films (most likely December) making the three-month mark in March.

Something else that I noticed, when the Court of Owls has Bruce drugged Batwoman is in his vision.
Batwoman - Batman vs Robin.PNG

I haven't watched all of bad Blood yet, but the intro scene seems to imply she's a relatively new member of the Bat-Family. "Dressing up like a bat doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a target. And using guns make you like one of them." so are we sure that the film takes place after BvR? I see that the reasoning in the first post states it's 6 months later, but doesn't mention if that was something specifically said in the film or just estimated.

Looks like this is the final word regarding how the timelines work.

View attachment 85

So, everything in Flashpoint is PRe-Flashpoint timeline or Flashpoint timeline except for the post-credits sequence.

Also, just finished Batman vs Robin. This may be loose, but I think the film should be moved to March 2014 rather than January. Early in the movie, Bruce says "After all these months together. All I taught you. You revert to the assassin your grandfather wanted you to be." Right now, where we have it is two months after Son of Batman. However, a little later on it's revealed Bruce and Samantha have been dating for 3 months.

We first get confirmation that the Court of Owls is tracking Damian in "Nightwing and Robin", which happens during Throne of Atlantis (Nov. 2013), and while we learn in BvR that Samantha was unaware Bruce and Batman were one and the same, it makes sense, to me at least, that the Court of Owls would start work on both plans around the same time. With the potential of up to 14 days between the two JL movies, and no mention of Samantha in any of the first 3 films, I'd say her involvement with Bruce likely started shortly after those films (most likely December) making the three-month mark in March.

Something else that I noticed, when the Court of Owls has Bruce drugged Batwoman is in his vision.
View attachment 86

I haven't watched all of bad Blood yet, but the intro scene seems to imply she's a relatively new member of the Bat-Family. "Dressing up like a bat doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a target. And using guns make you like one of them." so are we sure that the film takes place after BvR? I see that the reasoning in the first post states it's 6 months later, but doesn't mention if that was something specifically said in the film or just estimated.
Batman: Bad Blood is a sequel. Kane became Batwoman before Batman vs Robin. Is it possible that Samantha was just off screen for the entirety of those films, as to help with the snow? Tracking Bruce and tracking Damian are two different objectives. I prefer February. They'd have been dating between late November and early February.

So, in summary, it could still be January, but yeah, March is fine, despite that the Court of Owls activities were seperate.

Last edited:
Batman: Bad Blood is a sequel. Kane became Batwoman before Batman vs Robin. Is it possible that Samantha was just off screen for the entirety of those films, as to help with the snow? Tracking Bruce and tracking Damian are two different objectives. I prefer February. They'd have been dating between late November and early February.

So, in summary, it could still be January, but yeah, March is fine, despite that the Court of Owls activities were seperate.
Yeah, I think overall really any of them are possible, but "all these months" does seem to be more than 2 (mid-late Nov. to Jan)

Finished Bad Blood and I'm not sure where the 6 month bit comes from. Kori says she hasnt seen Dick in "weeks" where in BvR they make plans to see eachother the next night, so its gotta be at least 2-3 weeks after that, and Kate's dad at one point says The Heretic has been making alliances over the past 10 months, so I'd assume up to 10 months is the time frame we're working in.

There's no indication of when those 10 months begin, but we do know that Heretic was a clone made by Ra's and Damian was unaware of him, so it's possible he was in Gotham before Damian was and the window of time is even shorter.

It's implied that Damian is 11 by the time of this movie though not outright stated. He was confirmed as 10 years old in BvR so my assumption is he was also 10 in Son of Batman, placing his birth in 2003. In Bad Blood Talia says she's thought of nothing much more than Bruce for the last 12 years putting their meeting in 2002, which would line up well with the 9 month window for pregnancy. 12-10 and 9 months leaves us a year and 3 months which leads me to my assumption of Damian's age in the film. Perhaps that can be used somehow to help narrow down placement? Does he have an official birthday?

Yeah, I think overall really any of them are possible, but "all these months" does seem to be more than 2 (mid-late Nov. to Jan)

Finished Bad Blood and I'm not sure where the 6 month bit comes from. Kori says she hasnt seen Dick in "weeks" where in BvR they make plans to see eachother the next night, so its gotta be at least 2-3 weeks after that, and Kate's dad at one point says The Heretic has been making alliances over the past 10 months, so I'd assume up to 10 months is the time frame we're working in.

There's no indication of when those 10 months begin, but we do know that Heretic was a clone made by Ra's and Damian was unaware of him, so it's possible he was in Gotham before Damian was and the window of time is even shorter.

It's implied that Damian is 11 by the time of this movie though not outright stated. He was confirmed as 10 years old in BvR so my assumption is he was also 10 in Son of Batman, placing his birth in 2003. In Bad Blood Talia says she's thought of nothing much more than Bruce for the last 12 years putting their meeting in 2002, which would line up well with the 9 month window for pregnancy. 12-10 and 9 months leaves us a year and 3 months which leads me to my assumption of Damian's age in the film. Perhaps that can be used somehow to help narrow down placement? Does he have an official birthday?
Well, Damian is 15 years old in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract apparently. https://dcanimatedmovieuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Damian_Wayne

9-10

10-11

11-12

12-13

13-14

14-15

So Teen Titans: The Judas Contract takes place in late 2018 and Justice League vs Teen Titans takes place late 2017, if thats true. This means that the short gap as it seems is actually 3 years.

I got the six months thing from DIrishB's timeline, pahaps it was a rough estimate, or we missed something. Either way:

October-November
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

November
Justice League: War
Son of Batman
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

March

Batman vs Robin

????
Batman: Bad Blood

????
Justice League vs Teen Titans

????

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay #1-12

October-November
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie

????
Justice League Dark

The Death of Superman #1-8
The Death of Superman
The Death of Superman #9-12
Reign of the Supermen

Last edited:
Well, Damian is 15 years old in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract apparently. https://dcanimatedmovieuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Damian_Wayne

9-10

10-11

11-12

12-13

13-14

14-15

So Teen Titans: The Judas Contract takes place in late 2018 and Justice League vs Teen Titans takes place late 2017, if thats true. This means that the short gap as it seems is actually 3 years.
All seems good to me. DC Universe is missing JLvTT, Judas Contract, Dark, and Hell to Pay so I cant check any of those. Interesting about the 3 year gap since Bad Blood had Dick returning to the tower seemingly to set up JLvTT.

Found another way to watch JLvTT. No indication of how long passed since Bad Blood, but Raven is confirmed 14 so aging Famian up makes since with all their flirtation as well as being on a teenage group at all (though I assume starfire isnt a teen here)

I would suggest the scene from that film that you have marked in 2004 be set 15 years before the film, wherever we end up placing it, as it shows trigon and ravens mom meeting (this makes room for Raven's age as well as a 9 month pregnancy period)

Oh no, Dick Grayson. 2018 - 5 = 13.
Dick aged fast. I'm going to squeeze it in very early 2013, just so he can age a bit and become Nightwing, for now, even though I know it's wrong. Maybe I give it the Spider-Man: Homecoming treatment.

He's at least 16, assuming he follows the law, although he probably doesn't, since he's Robin.
He looks in his 20's at least in Son of Batman.

So, 17-19 in TTTJC and 18-20 in Son of Batman?

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I suppose that may work. I had been reading that there was a 5 year gap there, but now that I think about it, it's pretty interesting that this would then put the Teen Titans as an established group before the Justice League. Especially since Flash doesn't know Batman in War, but Kid Flash knows Robin?

Continuity-wise it seems this scene would have to happen between War and Son of Batman....

Maybe we'll have to throw out the "week later" statement, but then that starts to crumble some of the placements we have. War wouldn't necessarily be 2013 and Son of Batman and ToA wouldn't necessarily be November, so BvR wouldn't necessarily be in that Jan-Mar window.

AAAAAAGH

Hmmm.... I suppose that may work. I had been reading that there was a 5 year gap there, but now that I think about it, it's pretty interesting that this would then put the Teen Titans as an established group before the Justice League. Especially since Flash doesn't know Batman in War, but Kid Flash knows Robin?

Continuity-wise it seems this scene would have to happen between War and Son of Batman....

Maybe we'll have to throw out the "week later" statement, but then that starts to crumble some of the placements we have. War wouldn't necessarily be 2013 and Son of Batman and ToA wouldn't necessarily be November, so BvR wouldn't necessarily be in that Jan-Mar window.

AAAAAAGH
Well, Batman said he was following the Flash's activities in JLW, so maybe he just sent Robin to a teen super group, or Robin just ran off to do his own thing and Batman knew but wasn't aware of the Titans.

Last edited:
Well, Batman said he was following the Flash's activities in JLW, so maybe he just sent Robin to a teen super group, or Robin just ran off to do his own thing and Batman new but wasn't aware of the Titans.
That could work. I'm watching the movie now so I'll keep notes, but I may shoot the scriptwriter a message and see what his take is.

How do we know JL Dark occurs in 2019? Couldn't it occur in Nov. or December of 2018 soon after CCODTM?

I started dozing off during the film so I may need to rewatch it, but i didnt catch anything about Damian being 15. Did find this newspaper though with a story from 2016. No telling how old the paper is, but that puts us in that year at earliest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190525-164444_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190525-164444_Chrome.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 10
Looking at the DCAMU wiki edit history, it seems that the age of Damian in Judas Contract is a result of edit warring.

One editor added that he's at least 11 by then, then someone changed it to 13, and another changed it to 15. I went back and did a CTRL+F through a PDF file of the film's dialogue and there's no concrete evidence either way for his age. If we wanna go under the assumption that the only member of the team that's not a teenager is Kori (due to her leadership role) I'd say perhaps he's 13 in JLvTT and 14 in Judas contract, but even that's not concrete. Theoretically, he could still be 11 in JLvTT and 12 by Judas Contract, but I do think a little bit of spacing out makes sense for the relationship with Raven.

Latest posts

Back