DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

New clip from Wonder Woman Bloodlines is a flashback 5 years ago

This only fits between the after credit scene of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War, because of the Parademons and Steve Trevor. assuming that's correct, that puts it before The Death of Superman or between that and his return. I don't see any official confirmation of that, though.

Last edited:
This only fits between the after credit scene of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War, because of the Parademons and Steve Trevor. assuming that's correct, that puts it before The Death of Superman or between that and his return. I don't see any official confirmation of that, though.
Man oh man I hope this one doesn't screw the timeline up....

We'll make it work, don't worry.
I know. I just don't think the creatives think about the hard timeline details like we do and take a more laid back approach to it.

Edit: Due to the costume change from her New 52 suit to her Rebirth suit, this will have to occur after Reign Of The Superman...

Last edited:
I know. I just don't think the creatives think about the hard timeline details like we do and take a more laid back approach to it.

Edit: Due to the costume change from her New 52 suit to her Rebirth suit, this will have to occur after Reign Of The Superman...
Or its from her rebirth suit to her new-52 suit, and this is entirely a prequel. I haven't seen anything suggesting this movie is in the present day officially yet.

I feel like I read somewhere once that War wasn't necessarily the first time earth saw Parademons, so who knows. If anything this could give a more concrete answer to the 2012/2013 thing though. Side note, haven't gotten to watch Hush yet, but I've been told they mention Cyborg Superman so that one is definitely after Reign.

I feel like I read somewhere once that War wasn't necessarily the first time earth saw Parademons, so who knows. If anything this could give a more concrete answer to the 2012/2013 thing though. Side note, haven't gotten to watch Hush yet, but I've been told they mention Cyborg Superman so that one is definitely after Reign.
I know, which is why I've placed it where I have. Pahaps I should put Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox in 2011 to give more time between the films?

Seen it, yep, that's right.

With the Wonder Woman problem, it looks like:

????

Son of Batman

October/November
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

????

Batman vs Robin (I believe Batman references Superman)
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (flashback)

November
Justice League: War
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

????

Batman: Bad Blood

????

Justice League vs Teen Titans

????

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
Justice League Dark

September-October

The Death of Superman

April

Reign of the Supermen

????
Batman: Hush
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

October-November
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie

Could this actually work? It does mean Robin went from Robin to Nightwing in 2011-2012, and looks quite different, but that's easily just the animation style.

With the Wonder Woman problem, it looks like:

Could this actually work? It does mean Robin went from Robin to Nightwing in 2011-2012, and looks quite different, but that's easily just the animation style.

I'd say we wait to see what the situation is with the movie. If nothing prohibits it from being in 2017 then I dont think theres any need to break from pre established dates. Also to take into account, with War being so close to the end of 2012 could it technically be closer to 5 years than 6 even if Bloodlines does have to be 2018?

That being said, watching Hush right now and the newspaper with the headline of Tommy Elliot saving Bruce's life is dated November 2016 despite references to Death/Reign. So... do we take that as a retcon of all the dates beforehand and work backwards? Assume it's a production error?

I'd say we wait to see what the situation is with the movie. If nothing prohibits it from being in 2017 then I dont think theres any need to break from pre established dates. Also to take into account, with War being so close to the end of 2012 could it technically be closer to 5 years than 6 even if Bloodlines does have to be 2018?

That being said, watching Hush right now and the newspaper with the headline of Tommy Elliot saving Bruce's life is dated November 2016 despite references to Death/Reign. So... do we take that as a retcon of all the dates beforehand and work backwards? Assume it's a production error?
The November thing can be used. It's impossible to Change it to 2016. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is at least a quarter through 2016, and then there's the Suicide Squad movie and comic, and then Justice League Dark, and somehow there's six months between the Superman films.

Last edited:
The November thing can be used. It's impossible to Change it to 2016.
That's my thought as well. I wonder if we should include the Sgt. Rock short that's a bonus feature as part of the timeline.

That's my thought as well. I wonder if we should include the Sgt. Rock short that's a bonus feature as part of the timeline.
Depends. Same art style?

Looks to me more like The Dark Knight Returns movies.

I've been counting the Showcase shorts as the "pre-flashpoint" timeline personally. Also, Reign contains newspapers with 2018 on them so Hush is absolutely wrong.

Edit: I'm pretty sure "Hush" takes place over the course of a few months from dialogue. Can't remember what scene, but I think Batman mentions Hush being active for months.

Last edited:
I've been counting the Showcase shorts as the "pre-flashpoint" timeline personally. Also, Reign contains newspapers with 2018 on them so Hush is absolutely wrong.

Edit: I'm pretty sure "Hush" takes place over the course of a few months from dialogue. Can't remember what scene, but I think Batman mentions Hush being active for months.
I believe your right.

What's the time code for the newspaper?

????

Son of Batman

October/November

????

Batman vs Robin (I believe Batman references Superman)

November

????

????

????

Justice League Dark

September-October

The Death of Superman

April

Reign of the Supermen

????

October-November
Thinking about this more, and it looks like:

October/November

????

Son of Batman (Takes place in the early portion of the year)

November

????
Batman vs Robin (under a year after Son of Batman, 9-10 months)

????

????

????

Justice League Dark

2017-2018
September-April

The Death and Return of Superman

????

October-November

2018-2019
November-????

I'm keeping it as it is, though that could change.

What's the time code (the scene will do) for Batman: Hush's November 2016 newspaper? I thought it was after the montage, but that's blank.

I'm hoping for a reference like Diana and Clark "just" broke up, but at the same time release order isn't as essential to maintain for Son of Batman. I'm betting it's going to have a reference to Reign of the Supermen.

Last edited:
What's the time code (the scene will do) for Batman: Hush's November 2016 newspaper? I thought it was after the montage, but that's blank.

It's the scene where Bruce is in the hospital and Thomas Elliot comes in with a newspaper after working on him.

The Death and Return of Superman will have additional footage. Great, I thought it was going to be like Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe Edition where they actually cut a scene that recaps the first film.

Should the viewing order be:
The Death of Superman: Part 1 #1-8
The Death of Superman: Part 1 #9-12

Or:
The Death of Superman: Part 1 #1-12
?

I think they may cut some scenes out like the after credit scenes of The Death of Superman. Pahaps I can mantain both, and remove what The Death and Return of Superman overwrites?

I think that Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is 5 years after Justice League: War is because they thought that 5 years after 2014 is 2019.

Possibilities:
2019 is shown on screen. This means that it's early 2019 to compensate for Justice League: War having to be moved to November 2013.

It's in 2017. Seems unlikely, but it keeps the current timeline as it is.

It's in 2018. This means it's post The Death and Return of Superman, and still changes Justice League: War to 2013.

Last edited:

I see you've been busy. Can't say I wouldn't have preferred The Zata Project video.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back