DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

I guess they have to be faithful to the Teen Titans Go! fans. I got to watch this for the cameo and possibly buy the Blu-Ray if they show the DC Animated Movie Universe for even a second.

Last edited:
Just watched the film. They visit the DCAMU Universe from 49:40-50:52. Lot's of other Multiverse shenanigans too. DCAMU Titans come back to the TT 03 Universe, so idk if you want those time codes as well to add despite being on a different earth

Damian is visibly older for Apokolips War

Looks like a culmination of what's come before. There seems to be a lot of those right now.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
Apparently Wonder Woman: Bloodlines has released. Any timeline screw ups to be worked around?

Looks like a culmination of what's come before. There seems to be a lot of those right now.

Apparently Wonder Woman: Bloodlines has released. Any timeline screw ups to be worked around?
Just purchased the film. Waiting on my girlfriend to get off the phone with her mom so we can watch it. I'll report back afterwards!

So, we do have the 5 year jump to deal with.

Before the jump is 100% before War and actually leads right up to her getting her costume. Although, during that we see Vanessa (the girl who becomes Silver Swan) age up some, but idk how much time passes there. Oddly enough, "that nut in Gotham" is known of, so it seems they're doubling down on retconning him as being an urban legend (like with Robin and Kid Flash having known eachother)

After the jump, there's a bit where WW says it's been too long since she's seen Vanessa's mom (so it's gotta be at least a year after the allotted time passing I would assume). We get confirmation that Wonder Woman and Superman are no longer together as well. I don't remember the exact on their relationship, but I think they were still together in JLvTT?

So, we do have the 5 year jump to deal with.

Before the jump is 100% before War and actually leads right up to her getting her costume. Although, during that we see Vanessa (the girl who becomes Silver Swan) age up some, but idk how much time passes there. Oddly enough, "that nut in Gotham" is known of, so it seems they're doubling down on retconning him as being an urban legend (like with Robin and Kid Flash having known eachother)

After the jump, there's a bit where WW says it's been too long since she's seen Vanessa's mom (so it's gotta be at least a year after the allotted time passing I would assume). We get confirmation that Wonder Woman and Superman are no longer together as well. I don't remember the exact on their relationship, but I think they were still together in JLvTT?
They broke up between that and The Death (and Return, which I need to get) of Superman. Works with the current timeline, at least, although I do have an itch to make it:
October/November
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

????

Son of Batman
(early in the year)

November
Justice League: War
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

Nightwing and Robin

????
Batman vs Robin

????

Batman: Bad Blood

????

Justice League vs Teen Titans

????

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay

Justice League Dark

September-October

The Death of Superman: Part 1

2017-2018
September-April

The Death and Return of Superman

????

Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

October-November
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie

2018-2019

????
Batman: Hush

????

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

I know theres no point, but I guess I'd just prefer this order, since it seems more likely that Son of Batman is before Justice League: War than Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is before The Death and Return of Superman, but it works both ways. I feel that may make the timeline a little messy, so I'll leave it for now, but I wouldn't mind some input.

Last edited:
My main issue is that I'm thinking there's less than 5 years between Bloodlines and War. The 5 years ago tag is at the start with diana leaving the island. Then theres that gradual time jump that isnt given a clear indication of just how much time passed where Vanessa ages.

I'm thinking the suit at the end is her current suit, so it would be after The Death and Return of Superman if she uses it in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, right?

Solution to the problem at hand, I'd have to say it's a couple months, from early 2013 to late 2013. It's hard to imagine Diana being there for more than a year, so pahaps 6-9 months maximum. teenagers age quickly, right? We've already established Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing and aging quickly between 2011-2012 with our current timeline, although this would actually make that 2 years.

9 months seems like a reasonable space to place Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin if we change it, working well with the date shown in Son of Batman, right at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 and the date with Justice League: War.

????

Credit Scene

February

Son of Batman

November
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

Nightwing and Robin
Batman vs Robin

????

Batman: Bad Blood

????

Justice League vs Teen Titans

????

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Justice League Dark

September-October

The Death of Superman: Part 1

2017-2018
September-April

The Death and Return of Superman

????

Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

October-November
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie

2018-2019

????
Batman: Hush

????

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

I don't know, just a thought.

I just shot James Tucker a tweet to ask about the aging up. He's usually pretty responsive, So I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.

I just shot James Tucker a tweet to ask about the aging up. He's usually pretty responsive, So I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.
Seen it, so a year/almost a year...

It would be something like:
????

Chapter 9 (1:20:54 - 1:21:06)

October
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - ?:??:??)

February

Son of Batman
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:10:50)
Son of Batman Chapter 2 (0:10:51 - 0:20:34)
Son of Batman Chapter 3 (0:20:35 - 0:28:57)
Son of Batman Chapter 4 (0:28:58 - 0:40:37)
Son of Batman Chapter 5 (0:40:38 - 0:42:05)
Son of Batman Chapter 5 (0:42:15 - 0:50:17)
Son of Batman Chapter 6 (0:50:18 - 1:00:21)
Son of Batman Chapter 7 (1:00:22 - 1:09:47)

April

????
Batman: Bad Blood Chapter 5 (0:33:04 - 0:33:59)
Justice League Dark Chapter 2 (0:15:20 - 0:16:20)
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay Chapter 5 (0:53:25 - 0:53:42)

October

????
The Death of Superman: Part 1: Chapter 9: The Wake: Picking Up the Pieces (pg. 4-19)

November
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:10:18)
Justice League: War Chapter 2 (0:10:19 - 0:20:14)
Justice League: War Chapter 3 (0:20:15 - 0:30:58)
Justice League: War Chapter 4 (0:30:59 - 0:39:37)
Justice League: War Chapter 5 (0:39:38 - 0:50:33)
Justice League: War Chapter 6 (0:50:34 - 0:59:20)
Justice League: War Chapter 7 (0:59:21 - 1:11:14)
Justice League: War Chapter 8 (1:11:15 - 1:15:49)
Justice League: War Chapter 9 (1:17:22 - 1:17:49)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:02:56)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 2 (0:02:57 - 0:10:17)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 3 (0:10:18 - 0:18:18)
Nightwing and Robin
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 3 (0:18:19 - 0:21:49)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 4 (0:21:50 - 0:24:44)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 4 (0:26:18 - 0:31:30)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 5 (0:31:31 - 0:41:24)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 6 (0:41:25 - 0:51:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 7 (0:51:54 - 1:00:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 8 (1:00:54 - 1:07:10)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:07:48 - 1:07:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:08:19 - 1:08:24)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:08:50 - 1:08:55)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:09:10 - 1:09:15)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:10:00 - 1:10:05)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:10:39 - 1:10:33)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:11:18 - 1:11:57)

Pahaps I could make it a little less than 12 months, maybe 10.

Until we get Wonder Woman in JLDAW I'll just change the current timeline to fit it in, because we don't know if her new suit is actually her new suit.

Changed 2015/2016 placements. DeMatteis said Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie was a few years after Justice League Dark, and I've changed the timeline so that theres 3 years. This also works better with viewing order, so theres that.

Last edited:
Seen it, so a year/almost a year...
Yup! Was taking my girlfriend to work when I got the notification, but just so its here

Pahaps I could make it a little less than 12 months, maybe 10.

Until we get Wonder Woman in JLDAW I'll just change the current timeline to fit it in, because we don't know if her new suit is actually her new suit.
Yeah, I dont think it needs to be narrowed further than what we were just given until we get confirmation from another film that it doesn't work for some reason. That being said, what's the explanation for having Son of Batman before War again? From what I recall, that was pre-emptively done as to not goof up Bloodlines, which I don't think it does, but maybe I'm forgetting something?

Changed 2015/2016 placements. Pretty sure Tucker said Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie was a few years after Justice League Dark, and I've changed the timeline so that theres 3 years. This also works better with viewing order, so theres that.

Pretty sure that was DeMatteis, not Tucker. But same result.

Yeah, I dont think it needs to be narrowed further than what we were just given until we get confirmation from another film that it doesn't work for some reason. That being said, what's the explanation for having Son of Batman before War again? From what I recall, that was pre-emptively done as to not goof up Bloodlines, which I don't think it does, but maybe I'm forgetting something?
If we need to move Wonder Woman: Bloodlines up, Justice League: War has to be pushed to 2013. The chart in Son of Batman ended on 2012, going into 2013, so it would be late 2012 as the current timeline dictates, or early 2013 so that it's not quite a year before Batman vs Robin.

Currently it sits in 2012 in the week and a bit between Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.
Pretty sure that was DeMatteis, not Tucker. But same result.
Fixed.

Another interesting tweet from Tucker

So, with his year between the start and JL War, this would cram everything from War to Hush within the span of 4 years.

Literally impossible.
As James made clear, they don't really think about the timeline. They are story-tellers, not "continuity-cops" as he's stated. I think they leave it up to us fans to figure out the details. Is there anything specifically stated in the film that places it after Reign and Hush?

What are ya'lls thoughts on this?
Looking pretty good at the moment.

Edit: interestingly it ignores the Son of Batman timeline reference, but does note the Justice League: War/Justice League: Throne of Atlantis week/s later comment.

I think it's worth looking at for the sources, but some stuff is missing. Dispite Wonder Woman: Bloodlines being conceived to be after Batman: Hush, that doesn't necessarily mean it is. I'm betting Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay was conceived to be after Justice League Dark, for example.

Not bad, though. Definitely something I'll pay close attention to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back