DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

Looking pretty good at the moment.

Edit: interestingly it ignores the Son of Batman timeline reference, but does note the Justice League: War/Justice League: Throne of Atlantis week/s later comment.

I think it's worth looking at for the sources, but some stuff is missing. Dispite Wonder Woman: Bloodlines being conceived to be after Batman: Hush, that doesn't necessarily mean it is. I'm betting Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay was conceived to be after Justice League Dark, for example.

Not bad, though. Definitely something I'll pay close attention to.
Any errors or changes you think we should make?

Any errors or changes you think we should make?
Pahaps some I missed when changing movies timeline placements.

I'll get to it eventually, after I'm done with Watchmen (on Doomsday Clock) and Smallville (on Season 8).

If you spot any, let me know, and I'll eventually go through this timeline properly.

Pahaps some I missed when changing movies timeline placements.

I'll get to it eventually, after I'm done with Watchmen (on Doomsday Clock) and Smallville (on Season 8).

If you spot any, let me know, and I'll eventually go through this timeline properly.
So it's been a bit. Any movement on this timeline?

I have yet to see Bloodlines. Is it a prequel to Death Of Superman?
Not necessarily. I'm waiting till Justice League Dark: Apokolips War to see if the suit at the end of the film is a replacement to her main uniform, but until then, I'm treating it as such.

I still need to get the blu-ray of The Death and Return of Superman, Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

Not necessarily. I'm waiting till Justice League Dark: Apokolips War to see if the suit at the end of the film is a replacement to her main uniform, but until then, I'm treating it as such.

I still need to get the blu-ray of The Death and Return of Superman, Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.
If JL: War is set in 2012, 5 years later would place Bloodlines in 2017 right?

Edit: I think it's safe to take the "5 years ago" loosely instead of literally and place Bloodlines directly after Reign Of The Supermen. Since JL: War is set in late 2012, there's wiggle room for it.

Last edited:
If JL: War is set in 2012, 5 years later would place Bloodlines in 2017 right?

Edit: I think it's safe to take the "5 years ago" loosely instead of literally and place Bloodlines directly after Reign Of The Supermen. Since JL: War is set in late 2012, there's wiggle room for it.
The beginning sequence is a year before Justice League: War.

I could do this, though:

October/November

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

November
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
(Flashback)

????
Son of Batman

November
Justice League
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

Nightwing and Robin

????
Batman vs Robin

????

Batman: Bad Blood

????
Justice League vs Teen Titans
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay #1-12
Justice League Dark

????

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

September 30 - October 2+

The Death of Superman: Part 1 #1-12

2017-2018
September 30 - April

The Death and Return of Superman

April/May?

????
Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

October 29 - November 2
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie

2018-2019
November-????

Batman: Hush

????

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Seen it, so a year/almost a year...

It would be something like:
????

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Chapter 9 (1:20:54 - 1:21:06)

October
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - ?:??:??)

February

Son of Batman
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:10:50)
Son of Batman Chapter 2 (0:10:51 - 0:20:34)
Son of Batman Chapter 3 (0:20:35 - 0:28:57)
Son of Batman Chapter 4 (0:28:58 - 0:40:37)
Son of Batman Chapter 5 (0:40:38 - 0:42:05)
Son of Batman Chapter 5 (0:42:15 - 0:50:17)
Son of Batman Chapter 6 (0:50:18 - 1:00:21)
Son of Batman Chapter 7 (1:00:22 - 1:09:47)

April

????
Batman: Bad Blood Chapter 5 (0:33:04 - 0:33:59)
Justice League Dark Chapter 2 (0:15:20 - 0:16:20)
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay Chapter 5 (0:53:25 - 0:53:42)

October

????
The Death of Superman: Part 1: Chapter 9: The Wake: Picking Up the Pieces (pg. 4-19)

November
Justice League: War
Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:10:18)
Justice League: War Chapter 2 (0:10:19 - 0:20:14)
Justice League: War Chapter 3 (0:20:15 - 0:30:58)
Justice League: War Chapter 4 (0:30:59 - 0:39:37)
Justice League: War Chapter 5 (0:39:38 - 0:50:33)
Justice League: War Chapter 6 (0:50:34 - 0:59:20)
Justice League: War Chapter 7 (0:59:21 - 1:11:14)
Justice League: War Chapter 8 (1:11:15 - 1:15:49)
Justice League: War Chapter 9 (1:17:22 - 1:17:49)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:02:56)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 2 (0:02:57 - 0:10:17)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 3 (0:10:18 - 0:18:18)
Nightwing and Robin
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 3 (0:18:19 - 0:21:49)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 4 (0:21:50 - 0:24:44)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 4 (0:26:18 - 0:31:30)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 5 (0:31:31 - 0:41:24)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 6 (0:41:25 - 0:51:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 7 (0:51:54 - 1:00:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 8 (1:00:54 - 1:07:10)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:07:48 - 1:07:53)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:08:19 - 1:08:24)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:08:50 - 1:08:55)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:09:10 - 1:09:15)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:10:00 - 1:10:05)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:10:39 - 1:10:33)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Chapter 9 (1:11:18 - 1:11:57)

Pahaps I could make it a little less than 12 months, maybe 10.

Until we get Wonder Woman in JLDAW I'll just change the current timeline to fit it in, because we don't know if her new suit is actually her new suit.

Changed 2015/2016 placements. DeMatteis said Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie was a few years after Justice League Dark, and I've changed the timeline so that theres 3 years. This also works better with viewing order, so theres that.
Old comment.

Wonder Woman is in her Bloodlines uniform and Batman in his Hush uniform still.
Well, that changes the order a bit.

I guess it works, Son of Batman thankfully avoided referencing the Justice League making it easier to move it. Other than that, it's just making sure that Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin are less than a year apart because of "all these months". Son of Batman has to take place late 2012/early 2013 and it's snowing in Batman vs Robin, meaning it's likely late 2013/early 2012.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is 5 years before Justice League: War and starts 1 year before that film begins. Since it has to be after The Death and Return of Superman (which I'm still planning to add), that moves Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis up.

This doesn't really screw with the timeline too much, at least. Now we just have to hope Justice League Dark: Apokolips War doesn't reference too specific a time since the other films.

Well, that changes the order a bit.

I guess it works, Son of Batman thankfully avoided referencing the Justice League making it easier to move it. Other than that, it's just making sure that Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin are less than a year apart because of "all these months". Son of Batman has to take place late 2012/early 2013 and it's snowing in Batman vs Robin, meaning it's likely late 2013/early 2012.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is 5 years before Justice League: War and starts 1 year before that film begins. Since it has to be after The Death and Return of Superman (which I'm still planning to add), that moves Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis up.

This doesn't really screw with the timeline too much, at least. Now we just have to hope Justice League Dark: Apokolips War doesn't reference too specific a time since the other films.
Shouldn't Bad Blood be in 2014?

OK a couple questions I have...

1. When did Bruce Wayne become Batman in this continuity?
2. Are we 100% positive that "Son Of Batman" can safely take place before "Justice League: War" without any issues?

Thanks. Another thing, I just re-watched "Batman: Bad". Something I caught.

Assuming "Son Of Batman" occurs 10 years since Bruce and Talia concieved Damian, in "Batman: Bad Blood", Talia states that Bruce has been in her thoughts for the last 12 years. Doesn't this place the film at least two years after "Son Of Batman"?

Also re-watched "Hell To Pay". According to Wikipedia...

"Thawne returns as the main antagonist in Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018), set in the new reality. It is revealed that Thawne managed to stretch his last moments before death by months, consolidating his speed to keep himself alive despite having a gaping gunshot wound in his head from Batman's gun, and was able to use the Speed Force to phase into the new timeline with his memories mostly intact. Living on "borrowed time" due to only possessing a limited amount of Speed Force energy left and forced to use his powers sparingly or accelerate the time of his death, Thawne attempts to acquire a "Get Out of Hell Free" card which would allow him to escape his fate, only to be killed when Bronze Tiger cuts off his fingers so that he would drop the card before Deadshot shoots him through the head once again. A version of Zoom native to this timeline is mentioned by Deadshot, and mentions they used to know each other, which he comments on the second Thawne's handicap, noting he wasn't nearly as weak before and never needed help from other villains."

Does this mean that "Hell To Play" actually takes place weeks to months after "Flashpoint Paradox"?

Thanks. Another thing, I just re-watched "Batman: Bad". Something I caught.

Assuming "Son Of Batman" occurs 10 years since Bruce and Talia concieved Damian, in "Batman: Bad Blood", Talia states that Bruce has been in her thoughts for the last 12 years. Doesn't this place the film at least two years after "Son Of Batman"?

Also re-watched "Hell To Pay". According to Wikipedia...

"Thawne returns as the main antagonist in Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018), set in the new reality. It is revealed that Thawne managed to stretch his last moments before death by months, consolidating his speed to keep himself alive despite having a gaping gunshot wound in his head from Batman's gun, and was able to use the Speed Force to phase into the new timeline with his memories mostly intact. Living on "borrowed time" due to only possessing a limited amount of Speed Force energy left and forced to use his powers sparingly or accelerate the time of his death, Thawne attempts to acquire a "Get Out of Hell Free" card which would allow him to escape his fate, only to be killed when Bronze Tiger cuts off his fingers so that he would drop the card before Deadshot shoots him through the head once again. A version of Zoom native to this timeline is mentioned by Deadshot, and mentions they used to know each other, which he comments on the second Thawne's handicap, noting he wasn't nearly as weak before and never needed help from other villains."

Does this mean that "Hell To Play" actually takes place weeks to months after "Flashpoint Paradox"?
1. Since Batman vs Robin is months after Son of Batman, let's assume it's 10 months. Son of Batman is early in the year, say January-March, and Batman vs Robin is November-January. Batman: Bad Blood is, at most, 10 months I think. This makes it approximately 2 years, say 4 months off of actually being 2 years and Talia was rounding up.

2. From Eobard's perspective, yes.

Last edited:
1. Since Batman vs Robin is months after Son of Batman, let's assume it's 10 months. Son of Batman is early in the year, say January-March, and Batman vs Robin is November-January. Batman: Bad Blood is, at most, 10 months I think. This makes it approximately 2 years, say 4 months off of actually being 2 years and Talia was rounding up.

2. From Eobard's perspective, yes.
In that case, Batman VS Robin could also safely be placed before Justice League: War. I think in my viewing order, I'd prefer that anyway.

Edit: Scratch that. I totally forgot about Talon's appearance in the "Nightwing And Robin" short.

Last edited:
This was probably already posted, but I'm too lazy to go back and sift through 11 pages. I just re-watched Judas Contract and spotted a newspaper. It's hard to read, but I believe it firmly places the film in 2016.
1587482312487.png

Edit: Another thing. Throne Of Atlantis has to occur at least a few weeks after War due to Steve Trevor's facial hair.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back