DC Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing/Reading Order

Here's a simplier way of looking at Earth-F Superman...it's probably drawn just to resemble the cartoon because this was shown in comic form; but otherwise set in a three-dimensional multiverse.

In other words, looks like him because he is drawn that way, but its not the 40s animated Superman. It's a live action equivalent.

As for Lucifer, Tom Ellis probably gave his own reasoning. I don't think he has a full understanding of how Crisis/multiverse/timelines work. His show could very well just take place post-Crisis via new timeline. Assuming there are much less Earths after Crisis post-merging, he might set up Lux on another Earth (and eventually meet Chloe per God's plan) since Earth-666 wont exist anymore.
Yeah, animated material in a live action franchise is simply how sonething is presented as far as I'm concerned. If Earth-F Superman appeared in Live Action, it would be like Vixen in Arrow.

Here's a simplier way of looking at Earth-F Superman...it's probably drawn just to resemble the cartoon because this was shown in comic form; but otherwise set in a three-dimensional multiverse.

In other words, looks like him because he is drawn that way, but its not the 40s animated Superman. It's a live action equivalent.

As for Lucifer, Tom Ellis probably gave his own reasoning. I don't think he has a full understanding of how Crisis/multiverse/timelines work. His show could very well just take place post-Crisis via new timeline. Or assuming there are much less Earths after Crisis post-merging, he might set up Lux on another Earth (and eventually meet Chloe per God's plan) since Earth-666 wont exist anymore.
A lot of live action Arrowverse characters have been shown in cartoon form, for example Green Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Ray and Earth-66's Batman and Robin.
Yeah, animated material in a live action franchise is simply how sonething is presented as far as I'm concerned. If Earth-F Superman appeared in Live Action, it would be like Vixen in Arrow.
So it is the Superman from the animated film series?

That's what I believe.
On Crisis Aftermath when Marc Guggenheim was asked about the cameos and he confirmed that they made those shows and movies canon, shows that all cameos are intended to add to the canon

Lol why is it called Earth-76 while the Wonder Woman show began on 1975?

Same for the 77 comics?

In Lucifer 2x03, there's a part where one site the killer puts a message up talking about "Judgement Day" and Lucifer mocks it and states that the actual judgement day isn't due for another couple years.

Well, I think Crisis might classify as some sort of Judgement Day. "It's all very biblical".

Yeah, I'm thinking into this too much, aren't I?

In Lucifer 2x03, there's a part where one site the killer puts a message up talking about "Judgement Day" and Lucifer mocks it and states that the actual judgement day isn't due for another couple years.

Well, I think Crisis might classify as some sort of Judgement Day. "It's all very biblical".

Yeah, I'm thinking into this too much, aren't I?
Cool idea, but hasn't Crisis already happened by that point.

1.) Lucifer is joking.
2.) He can see through other timelines in the comics via omnipresence.
3.) Lucifer (the show) takes place in 2016 to 2017 so he is technically not wrong if it was Crisis. But again he was joking because it occured in an older timeline maybe?

A lot of live action Arrowverse characters have been shown in cartoon form, for example Green Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Ray and Earth-66's Batman and Robin.

So it is the Superman from the animated film series?
That's true. Earth-F Superman could also be the same one from the 1940s serials presented to us in 'animated' form.
91cY8zHeZ4S._SL1500_.jpg

That's true. Earth-F Superman could also be the same one from the 1940s serials presented to us in 'animated' form.
91cY8zHeZ4S._SL1500_.jpg
I'd like to see the Batman and Superman serial universes, actually.
The suit is different, especially the logo. I can't find anything linking these two Supermen together.
Yeah, theres more linking The New Adventures of Bat Man to Earth-66, dispite a few inconsistencies like Batgirl, Riddler and the Batmobile.

In theory, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, DC Animated Universe, Superfriends, The Batman and Scooby-Doo would be canon. Supernatural doesn't count, that episode was a remix of a previous episode except with Supernatural characters inserted into the story.

Will I include this?

Well, I guess I'd have to binge DC Animated Universe and the Watchtower Database, Keeping note of every date mentioned, and read every comic tie in and the hundreds of books, watch every Scooby-Doo episode, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Superfriends and The Batman. Then I'd have to consider things with similar animation styles. Is Superman: Brainiac Attacks in the multiverse? Is Gods and Monsters? Then I'd have to consider whether the The Dark Knight Returns Batman is an alternate version or the animated version, possibly adding Batman: Year One, DC Showcase: Catwoman and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe.

I think it's fairly clear what is canon and what's not for now. If you want to count this one second cameo, awesome.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Batman and Superman serial universes, actually.

Yeah, theres more linking The New Adventures of Bat Man to Earth-66, dispite a few inconsistencies like Batgirl, Riddler and the Batmobile.
Those are more glaring inconsistencies than a different costume lol. Superman has changed suits more than RuPaul.

In theory, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, DC Animated Universe, Superfriends, The Batman and Scooby-Doo would be canon. Supernatural doesn't count, that episode was a remix of a previous episode except with Supernatural characters inserted into the story.

Will I include this?

Well, I guess I'd have to binge DC Animated Universe and the Watchtower Database, Keeping note of every date mentioned, and read every comic tie in and the hundreds of books, watch every Scooby-Doo episode, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Superfriends and The Batman. Then I'd have to consider things with similar animation styles. Is Superman: Brainiac Attacks in the multiverse? Is Gods and Monsters? Then I'd have to consider whether the The Dark Knight Returns Batman is an alternate version or the animated version, possibly adding Batman: Year One, DC Showcase: Catwoman and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe.

I think it's fairly clear what is canon and what's not for now. If you want to count this one second cameo, awesome.

I think they are more easter eggs than establishing canon anyway.

I was wondering what it would be like for the Injustice games to become canon. Then I was wondering if there are already any canon games, I know there is Superman Returns and Catwoman on PS2. I have no idea with this, do any of you guys have an idea?

I was wondering what it would be like for the Injustice games to become canon. Then I was wondering if there are already any canon games, I know there is Superman Returns and Catwoman on PS2. I have no idea with this, do any of you guys have an idea?
Those are adaptations of the stories.

If Injustice was canon, than:
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Injustice 2
Superman ending for IvMotU
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One-Five
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One-Five Annuals
Injustice: Ground Zero
Injustice 2
Injustice vs Masters of the Universe

Latest posts

Back