DC Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing/Reading Order

The scenes that showed Titans, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing in Crisis (Part One: Titans // Part Five: Titans, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing); are they new scenes shot for the Crisis cameos or are they archive footages?

If they are archive footages, do you know what are the exact episodes?

Man of Steel - Prequel
Black Adam
Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman: Epilogue: Etta's Mission
Lucifer 5x04, "It Never Ends for the Chicken"
Superman 1x01, "The Mad Scientist"

Why Black Adam is placed between Man of Steel - Prequel (15,988 B.C. - 1,500 B.C.) and Wonder Woman (1918)?
Also why Lucifer 5x04, "It Never Ends for the Chicken" is placed between Etta's Mission (1918) and Superman 1x01, "The Mad Scientist" (1941)?

Do you have any official confirmations or hints?

Why Black Adam is placed between Man of Steel - Prequel (15,988 B.C. - 1,500 B.C.) and Wonder Woman (1918)?
Also why Lucifer 5x04, "It Never Ends for the Chicken" is placed between Etta's Mission (1918) and Superman 1x01, "The Mad Scientist" (1941)?

Do you have any official confirmations or hints?
Lucifer 5x04 is confirmed to, at least partially, be set in the 1920s and Black Adam is confirmed an origin story. The only Justice Society members confirmed to be in the film fit with the timeline of 1600 B.C., when the Kahndaq massacre happened.

Earth-96
Superman - The Movie: Special Edition
Superman II
Superman Returns

Last question for the night: I know you will do an Earth-96 timeline, but just to know, what are the years of these three movies?
I know Returns takes place 5 years after II, but what are the exact years?

Last question for the night: I know you will do an Earth-96 timeline, but just to know, what are the years of these three movies?
I know Returns takes place 5 years after II, but what are the exact years?

1997 - Superman: The Movie: Special Edition estimate
2001 - Superman II
2006 - Superman Returns
2019 - Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 2
2020 - Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 5

And which versions of the two movies are canon?
(How many minutes-long?)

For the II, why this one isn't canon?

It was made the same year of Returns (2006)?
It was made after, for starters.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut picks up immediately after the first film.

Lois and Clark have sex in both cuts of Superman II, which leads to Jason's birth, but in Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman
time travels to before the movie started and stops the missile from the first film from opening the Phantom Zone. Since it's implied that event from Superman II created Jason, it cannot be Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut because that event was erased from existence
. I actually prefer Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut other than the ending.

This is further supported by Superman Returns: Prequel.

Last edited:
It was made after, for starters.

Lois and Clark have sex in both cuts of Superman II, but in Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman
time travels to before the mo

Last question (nofake :p): can you tell me how minutes are the canon versions of the movies?
I'll try to find the correct versions in France (if they exist)!

Last question (nofake :p): can you tell me how minutes are the canon versions of the movies?
I'll try to find the correct versions in France (if they exist)!
It's quite alright. I didn't finish my comment before, but it's up to you if you want spoilers for Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut.

151 minutes
127 minutes

It's quite alright. I didn't finish my comment before, but it's up to you if you want spoilers for Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut.

151 minutes
127 minutes
Now I read it (without the spoilers, I haven't seen Superman II :p), so despite the fact that you prefer the 2006 Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, the canon version is the 1980 Superman II?

Now I read it (without the spoilers, I haven't seen Superman II :p), so despite the fact that you prefer the 2006 Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, the canon version is the 1980 Superman II?
Yep. It only spoils the weird ending to the alternate cut.

Yep. It only spoils the weird ending to the alternate cut.
Okay thanks!

Last last question: I know you'll make an Earth-12 timeline buuut
I've never seen Green Lantern (the critics...), but in which year it takes place?

Also, do you think the HBO Max Green Lantern TV series will take place on the same Earth?
I know Sinestro will be on the series (https://deadline.com/2020/01/green-lantern-greg-berlanti-details-hbo-max-series-tca-1202831967/ ) and he was on the movie, but maybe Crisis has changed some things of the movie?

Okay thanks!

Last last question: I know you'll make an Earth-12 timeline buuut
I've never seen Green Lantern (the critics...), but in which year it takes place?

Also, do you think the HBO Green Lantern TV series will take place on the same Earth?
I know Sinestro will be on the series (https://deadline.com/2020/01/green-lantern-greg-berlanti-details-hbo-max-series-tca-1202831967/ ) and he was on the movie, but maybe Crisis has changed some things of the movie?
It is in 2011.

If Earth-12 is also the series universe, it might be, I'll revise my placement. Since there is no indication of that, the film takes canonical status.

Last edited:
Black Lightning 4x10
The Flash 6x10
Black Lightning 4x11 - 4x13
Batwoman 1x10 - 1x12
Supergirl 5x10 - 5x11
Arrow 5x09 - 5x10
Someone can add LoT 5×01 "Meet the Legends" and 5×02 "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Love Me" in this Post-Crisis viewing order, please?
(For the "present" parts of these episodes)

In my opinion they take place right after Arrow's funeral. And I'd move Batwoman after Arrow, because episode 10 starts a weak after the funeral.

In my opinion they take place right after Arrow's funeral. And I'd move Batwoman after Arrow, because episode 10 starts a weak after the funeral.

Like that:
Black Lightning 4x10
The Flash 6x10
Black Lightning 4x11 - 4x13
Supergirl 5x10 - 5x11
Arrow 5x09 - 5x10
LoT 5x01 - 5x02
Batwoman 1x10 - 1x12
?

In my timeline it is (for now):
Black Lightning S3 10-12
Arrow S8 9-10
The Flash S6 10
Legends of Tomorrow S5 2-3
Batwoman S1 10-11
Supergirl S5 10-11

But it's simplified and still in the works.

Latest posts

Back