Arrowverse / DC-CW Timeline (v 3.0)

Updated for Freedom Fighters: The Ray - The Movie.

EDIT: Moved it to May 2017, since it's said in the movie that Ray graduated college in 2017. (Which would have to be May at the latest, but before The Flash and Arrow's final two episodes of their then-current seasons.)

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for not updating this timeline this month. I've been swamped in work, but I'll try to get it all watched and updated next month for sure.

Wait, it's Superman Returns in the Arrowverse now? Cause... wow.
If so, I guess Superman I-II count as well. MAYBE Superman III-IV and Supergirl too.

Personally, I'd add Superman: The Movie, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman Returns: Prequel #1-4 and Superman Returns, or wait until further confirmation, but I believe it will be like The Flash (1990-1991).

Last edited:

Looks like Black Lightning is considered to be part of the Arrowverse...and Earth-1 and Earth-38 may merge, I would imagine.

I guess Constantine is now from Freeland, since BL had onscreen zip codes that matched Atlanta's and Constantine's millhouse was said to be located in Atlanta in his show.
Maybe Freeland is a suburb of Atlanta?

Also, what use is "The Pit" in Black Lightning's season two finale when Iron Heights Prison exists, and why would the ASA exist when ARGUS does?

EDIT: Okay I'm hearing from a source that the promo is not to be look at too objectively. Black Lightning is still in it's own universe for right now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So Batman (1966) and The Green Hornet are canon too, probably. If we count the comics, a bunch of other shows are canon too, plus those other animated films.
If you count the comics...
...have fun... (This is why I don't like the Multiverse crossover idea...)

lol no. For starters, DC/WB probably doesn't own most of those shows and some of them were only licensed out to appear in Batman '66 crossover comics.

BUT, the versions that appear in the Batman '66 comics are exclusively that universe's version of the characters. Like I'm not going to fit all of Sherlock Holmes' stories into the Batman: The Brave and the Bold universe just because he appeared in one episode.

Chances are, I'd be wasting my time trying to watch 1000 episodes of 60s TV. :p

lol no. For starters, DC/WB probably doesn't own most of those shows and some of them were only licensed out to appear in Batman '66 crossover comics.

BUT, the versions that appear in the Batman '66 comics are exclusively that universe's version of the characters. Like I'm not going to fit all of Sherlock Holme's stories into the Batman: The Brave and the Bold's universe just because he appeared in one episode.

Chances are, I'd be wasting my time trying to watch 1000 episodes of 60s TV. :p
Except Wonder Woman 77 is literally Wonder Woman 77 unlike Sherlock Holmes, unfortunately, though I guess that one works. I would probably argue that those crossover ones are non-canon.

Although I see what you mean. Green Hornet, though, is strongly connected to the Batman show. Technically, it's a show within Batman, and vice versa, although they appeared in 3 episodes. I guess it could still be taken as non-canon, and they just have an identical version of those characters in the 66 universe.

Except Wonder Woman 77 is literally Wonder Woman 77, unfortunately, though I guess that one works. I would probably argue that those crossover ones are non-canon.

Although I see what you mean. Green Hornet, though, is strongly connected to the Batman show. Technically, it's a show within Batman, and vice versa, although they appeared in 3 episodes. I guess it could still be taken as non-canon, and they just have an identical version of those characters in the 66 universe.
Woman Woman, Green Hornet, fine.

But not Bionic Woman, Man from U.N.C.L.E. or any of those other 60s shows ... That gets way too complicated.

Woman Woman, Green Hornet, fine.

But not Bionic Woman or Man from U.N.C.L.E. ... That gets way too complicated.
I agree.
I'm going through the list now on what's what. Widow cameos shouldn't count, in my opinion.

For "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."
Whilst it is noted in the back of the Batman 66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. graphic novel that the artists were going for a generic look in terms of the two main characters, it seems logical that they were going for the 60s interpretation of the characters in terms of story

This would seem to interpret it as their own universes version.

Wonder Woman is canon:
1- There is the six part mini series Batman 66 Meets Wonder Woman 77

2- Within the six part mini series 6th issue, there's an editor's reference notice, referring to a story point featured in the Wonder Woman 77 Special #3, so outside of a one-time team up this shows us that the story points in Wonder Woman 77 are in the same fictional world.

(As a side note, here is a small article from cbr.com detailing how we nearly had Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman in Batman vs Two Face)

Superman (1952-1958) — Finally in the last issue of the main series we see Perry White, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen all appear in the window cameo, and later on the Man of Steel himself appears in the aforementioned reporter "scene" along with all the other blink and miss it cameos.

This one I'm not sure about. It's DC, it works, but it's just cameos. Theres nothing to suggest it's the same continuity.

Last edited:
So the Arrowverse is probably going to be:
Batman
The Green Hornet
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Arrow
The Flash
Constantine
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Batwoman

Batman
Superman: The Movie
Superman: Returns
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
Vixen: The Movie
Batman vs. Two-Face
Freedom Fighters: The Ray

I'm betting it's going to be a lot more packed, cause infinite earths.

Since anything beyond the 52 main Earths may be destroyed in the CW's Crisis event, I think Earth-21 would be the perfect universe for the 60s shows.

So the Arrowverse is probably going to be:
Batman
The Green Hornet
Wonder Woman

The Flash
Arrow
The Flash
Constantine
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Batwoman

Batman
Superman: The Movie
Superman: Returns
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Vixen: The Movie
Batman vs. Two-Face
Freedom Fighters: The Ray

I'm betting it's going to be a lot more packed, cause infinite earths.

Hmmm... I don't know if I'll add all that to the timeline. I may need to hear some others thoughts on whether I should or not first...

Since anything beyond the 52 main Earths may be destroyed in the CW's Crisis event, I think Earth-21 would be the perfect universe for the 60s shows.

Hmmm... I don't know if I'll add all that to the timeline. I may need some others to chime in for their thoughts on that.
I guess you could leave out the first two superman films, should you wish, but Superman Returns is treated as a sequel. The timeline for those can't really be trusted, since Superman Returns pushed them into the 2000s. Pahaps they happen slightly differently.

I guess you could leave out the first two superman films, should you wish, but Superman Returns is treated as a sequel. The timeline for those can't really be trusted, since Superman Returns pushed them into the 2000s. Pahaps they happen slightly differently.

Or the Superman films (aside from Returns) could be bumped to the 80s/90s somehow. I don't know if those movies even mentioned a time period.

Newspapers show release year.

Okay, the 60s universe is 209 (albeit 20 minutes for Batman and The Green Hornet) episodes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back