Arrowverse / DC-CW Timeline (v 3.0)

After some reading, I believe Superman: The Movie: Extended Cut is non-canon and that Superman: The Movie: Special Edition is the true version of the film, since Richard Donner is not a fan.

It didn't occur to me at first that Brandon Routh's Superman has that additional legacy connection to the original Reeves movies, so positioning him as the Kingdom Come Superman carries a lot of story weight. I hope they lean into that.

TC

I'm currently in the middle of a rewatch before Crisis and just finished the 2015-2016 seasons. Just thought I'd point out that it makes more sense if Arrow Season 4 and Legends Season 1 end before The Flash Season 2. With the timeline the way it is now, they happen after Flashpoint which means they would be in the new timeline. However, Genesis and Schism both show baby Sara who would at that point be baby John. Now if Arrow: Genesis-Schism happens-before The Flash: Rupture-The Race of His Life not only would this contradiction be fixed, but it could explain why Oliver doesn't consider having Barry help him with Darhk since Barry would still be without his speed at this point. After finishing all these seasons I believe the timeline should be:

Arrow 4x20, "Genesis"
Arrow 4x21, "Monument Point"
Arrow 4x22, "Lost in the Flood"
Arrow 4x23, "Schism"
Legends of Tomorrow 1x16, "Legendary"
The Flash 2x20, "Rupture"
The Flash 2x21, "The Runaway Dinosaur" [Speed Force]
The Chronicles of Cisco - Post 39 (Link)
The Flash 2x22, "Invincible"
The Chronicles of Cisco - Post 40 (Link)
The Flash 2x23, "The Race of His Life" [Earth-2]
The Flash 3x01, "Flashpoint"

I'm currently in the middle of a rewatch before Crisis and just finished the 2015-2016 seasons. Just thought I'd point out that it makes more sense if Arrow Season 4 and Legends Season 1 end before The Flash Season 2. With the timeline the way it is now, they happen after Flashpoint which means they would be in the new timeline. However, Genesis and Schism both show baby Sara who would at that point be baby John. Now if Arrow: Genesis-Schism happens-before The Flash: Rupture-The Race of His Life not only would this contradiction be fixed, but it could explain why Oliver doesn't consider having Barry help him with Darhk since Barry would still be without his speed at this point. After finishing all these seasons I believe the timeline should be:

Arrow 4x20, "Genesis"
Arrow 4x21, "Monument Point"
Arrow 4x22, "Lost in the Flood"
Arrow 4x23, "Schism"
Legends of Tomorrow 1x16, "Legendary"
The Flash 2x20, "Rupture"
The Flash 2x21, "The Runaway Dinosaur" [Speed Force]
The Chronicles of Cisco - Post 39 (Link)
The Flash 2x22, "Invincible"
The Chronicles of Cisco - Post 40 (Link)
The Flash 2x23, "The Race of His Life" [Earth-2]
The Flash 3x01, "Flashpoint"

Noted.

Moved the final two episodes of Legends of Tomorrow S2 to immediately after 2x15 due to the events that transpire are significant timeline/universal changes.

Kevin Conroy is playing Bruce Wayne of the future. I sure hope this isn't the DC Animated Universe version, because that's just too messy. I think he'll be playing Kingdom Come Batman (who was confirmed to exist in the singerverse in Superman Returns: Prequel, assuming they connect it).

Last edited:
I'd like to look at it this way:
  1. DC Comic Multiverse
  2. DC Live-Action Multiverse
  3. DC Animated Multiverse
  4. DC Video Game Multiverse
None of them likely mesh together.

BTW I'll get this updated as soon as I can. My working schedule has been really hectic.

Great to see the greatest Batman of all time in live-action, though, as long as it's not literally the same Batman. Nice addition to the current line-up.

I'd like to look at it this way:
  1. DC Comic Multiverse
  2. DC Live-Action Multiverse
  3. DC Animated Multiverse
  4. DC Video Game Multiverse
None of them likely mesh together.

I see it as:
DC Comics Multiverse
most DC Comics
Young Justice
any live-action or animated universe specified as canon

World's of DC Multiverse
DC Extended Universe
Donnerverse
Singerverse
Burtonverse
Nolanverse
Any DC Movie not specified

CW Multiverse
Earth-1
Earth-38
Earth-90
Black Lightning
Singerverse (?)
Batman (1966) (?)
Any crossover in Crisis on Infinite Earths
(Maybe) every DC TV show

DC Animated Multiverse
DC Animated Original Movies
DC Animated Universe
Any DC Animation

BTW I'll get this updated as soon as I can. My working schedule has been really hectic.
It's all good. Priorities, I get it.

Last edited:
Arrow 7x01, "Inmate 4587" (0:14:11 - 0:14:46

Needs bracket.

...please? He's not denying it, so... there's a chance?

He also goes on to say that it looks like Lynda Carter won't be Wonder Woman, which is sad.

Last edited:
When asked if this would be a sequel to Superman Returns, Guggenheim said:

"I don't know if it's for me to say," Guggenheim said. "We're picking up so many years after the events of that movie, maybe a coda is a better word than sequel."
Sounds like the same version to me, although it won't exactly be a continuation, and more like a "coda".

I wasn't sure what that meant, so I looked it up.

the concluding passage of a piece or movement, typically forming an addition to the basic structure.
"the first movement ends with a fortissimo coda"
  • the concluding section of a dance, especially of a pas de deux or the finale of a ballet in which the dancers parade before the audience.
  • a concluding event, remark, or section.
    "his new novel is a kind of coda to his previous books"
So it sounds like the same version at a later point in his life.

Batwoman 1x01-1x04 episode titles.

Vixen takes place around Arrow 3x15-3x16. This would mean Season 2 is moved up as well, since a year passes between the film. As far as I'm aware, there is no problem with where it is, but theres problem with changing it, I think.

Last edited:
Not necessarily timeline related, but a member of the Watchtower Database discord just shared this info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-065822_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20190909-065822_Discord.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 12
If you plan to add Superman Returns (depending on how large his role is/how many earths actually get added/cameos are too small), I would ignore the line in Superman: The Movie about when Krypton exploded since it just messes everything up, and say it's just the "vague history" moving it up the timeline. I'd also use the Lester cut on more examination.

1968-1971
????

S Returns Prequel #1

197?
????

S Returns Prequel #2 (flashback)
Superman Returns (flashback)

1968-1998
????

Superman: The Movie: Special Edition
S Returns Prequel #2
(flashbacks)
S Returns Prequel #3 (flashbacks)
S Returns Prequel #4 (flashbacks)

????

Superman II

????

S Returns Prequel #2
S Returns Prequel #3
S Returns Prequel #4

September
S Returns Prequel #2
Superman Returns

The alternative dialogue presented in the comic can be chalked up to flawed memory. If you want, that "vague history" gives you leeway to ignore the first films.

Last edited:
I just want to apologize for the long hiatus. (I never sign out so it may list me as "Online", but I'm not frequenting here much lately.)
Been busier than usual, but still trying to find some time to catch up on the whole Arrowverse.

I'm not abandoning this any means and I appreciate all the feedback.

IIRC, only 5 Earths remained at the end of the Crisis comic storyline before they were combined into one.

I highly doubt they'll all combine into one, but perhaps Earth-1 and Earth-38 will merge making it one of the 5 Earths.

But regardless of what direction they go by the end, imagine if they destroyed, for example, Smallville's Earth or the Christopher Nolan Batman Earth in Crisis. Would DC really do anything like with one of their more important live-action properties?

Last edited:
IIRC, only 5 Earths remained at the end of the Crisis comic storyline before they were combined into one.

I highly doubt they'll all combine into one, but perhaps Earth-1 and Earth-38 will merge making it one of the 5 Earths.

But regardless of what direction they go by the end, imagine if they destroyed, for example, Smallville's Earth or the Christopher Nolan Batman Earth in Crisis. Would DC really do anything like with one of their more important live-action properties?
Separate multiverses or it hasn't occurred yet in say the DCEU.

Latest posts

Back