Arrowverse / DC-CW Timeline (v 3.0)

2018: Batwoman debuts. Black Lightning returns. Thunder debuts. President Marsdin is exposed as an alien

In that order.

I'm ignoring the 2015 date for Rip Hunter forming the Legends because there is contradictory evidence of that not being the case; which could be chalked up to slight changes in a post-Crisis timeline.
The timeline is that way because they're assuming that Black Lightning returning happened closer to the series premiere. Given there are changes like the 2015 Rip date as well as the Particle Accelerator accident being in 2014 (I'm just assuming that given these events happened so close to a new year that their placements look like they're in these years even though they aren't), I don't think the timeline needs to be followed. Especially since it was more in the background and not an actual part of the plot. Any contradiction can be explained away as a post-Crisis change. I think the first three episodes of Supergirl being around Early October with the next two being in Mid-October work pretty well. No matter what, I wouldn't leave them as being over a few days.

The timeline is that way because they're assuming that Black Lightning returning happened closer to the series premiere. Given there are changes like the 2015 Rip date as well as the Particle Accelerator accident being in 2014 (I'm just assuming that given these events happened so close to a new year that their placements look like they're in these years even though they aren't), I don't think the timeline needs to be followed. Especially since it was more in the background and not an actual part of the plot. Any contradiction can be explained away as a post-Crisis change. I think the first three episodes of Supergirl being around Early October with the next two being in Mid-October work pretty well. No matter what, I wouldn't leave them as being over a few days.
Noted. I'll adjust it tomorrow.

Noted. I'll adjust it tomorrow.
The way I ordered it was,

Supergirl: American Alien
Supergirl: Fallout
Supergirl: Man of Steel
Batwoman: Pilot
Batwoman: The Rabbit Hole
Batwoman: Down, Down, Down,
Supergirl: Ahimsa
Supergirl: Parasite Lost

Arrow: Inmate 4587 is next and starting with it my timeline matches back up with yours.

The way I ordered it was,

Supergirl: American Alien
Supergirl: Fallout
Supergirl: Man of Steel
Batwoman: Pilot
Batwoman: The Rabbit Hole
Batwoman: Down, Down, Down,
Supergirl: Ahimsa
Supergirl: Parasite Lost

Arrow: Inmate 4587 is next and starting with it my timeline matches back up with yours.
How does the way I did it look now? Still want me to rearrange it again? Because I tried to look for date gaps in October to put them.

If all else fails, and if the shows give a definite time which those events took place, I'll rearrange them again.

If all else fails, and if the shows give a definite time which those events took place, I'll rearrange them again.
If they do, they'll probably just give the episode's airdate like they always seem to do. If it's done with Batwoman, hopefully, they remember the show beginning in 2018. Imagine the headache if they referred to Batwoman appearing in October 2019.

I'm currently working on fine-tuning placements for the current seasons. Right now I'm going back through Supergirl and in the first episode of the season, Brainy and Nia discuss how they've been dating for "almost a month". I originally thought this referred to the end of Season 4, but going back I don't think the season ended with them officially dating so there's some wiggle room. Episode 3 has a scene where a guy born 07/02/1999 is referred to as being 20 years old which would mean the season begins after July 2nd. Episode 4 shows a newspaper that shows the American economy gaining jobs in July (although, this could just be unrelated text, pasted on a newspaper prop) and a flyer for an event on Wednesday August 28th. There might be evidence further down that contradicts this, but for now, I think an August placement for episodes 1-4 of Season 5 (the episodes happen very close together), would work.

I don't know if yoy already said it but you can place Batwoman 1x11 on January 26, 2020 because January 26, 1990 is Kate/Beth birthdate, as shown by a clue in the last episode:

"In "An Un-Birthday Present", parallel Earth Beth's driver's license shows her date of birth, January 26, 1990. She and Earth-Prime Kate later celebrated their birthdays."
The same for Earth-Prime Beth who talk about being in jail during her birthday.

Well, Episode 6 of Supergirl is causing some issues. A bulk of the episode is made up of flashbacks and there are some contradictions. Starting off with, we go back before the show begins, so there aren't any issues. However, starting with "Four Years Ago" (2015) we see Lex's arrest (this matches the previous flashback we've seen to this event) and then "Two Months Later" we see the events of Myriad with Lena deciding she wants to move to National City. The problem is this should be in either April or October 2016. We then see Supergirl and Superman saving Lena in the season premiere (which is correctly referred to as "Three Years Ago"). We then go to after Kara stopped Roulette's fight club (confirmed to take place around Halloween) where Kara refers to Lena as only being in town for a month. Now, this does match when the season premiered, but we had to do some stretching due to the premiere picking up right after the season one finale in April.

I guess we can just assume the "Four Years Ago", "Three Years Ago", etc. is more a reference to it being four and three seasons ago, but I'm not sure what to do about the being in town for a month comment. If need be, I guess you could somehow stretch Season 1 to October 2016 which does work better with Superman still being in National City during Episode 2. But that would contradict Earth-1 and Earth-38 happening concurrently given that it's April for Barry when he comes to National City. Maybe we can assume that Barry somehow time-traveled a little when he went to Earth-38 and he ended up in October 2016. Similar to how we've been told that the
Lucifer cameo takes place 5 years before the show begins

On a positive note, we're shown that
Lex telling Lena that Kara is Supergirl
happened 12 weeks ago so I've come up with this for the first 6 episodes.

Supergirl: Event Horizon- August 2019
Supergirl: Stranger Beside Me- August 2019
Supergirl: Blurred Lines- August 2019
Supergirl: In Plain Sight- August 2019
Supergirl: Dangerous Liaisons- August 7th-10th 2019. We're told Obsidian lenses are launching on Friday (the 9th).
Supergirl: Confidence Women- August 11th-12th 2019. Flashbacks: 2004 (15 Years Ago), 2014 (5 Years Ago), 2015 (4 Years Ago, Lex's arrest, Lena in London. I'm ignoring the 2 months later given it would place Lex's arrest during Season 1 of Supergirl), April/October 2016 (Myriad, Kara, and Kal save Lena), November 2016 (Kara defeats Roulette), October 2016/April 2017 (Andrea and Russell celebrate their 6 month anniversary), June 2017 (Cat has worked for President Marsdin for a month), May 19th, 2019 (12 Weeks Ago, Season 4 finale), June 2019 (10 Weeks Ago, 8 Weeks Ago).

Last edited:
Lucifer cameo takes place 5 years before the show begins
Thats a popular misconception. Tom Ellis said that takes place in the 5 years between when Lucifer arrived on that universe in 2011 and when the show began in 2016, not 5 years before it began.

Thats a popular misconception. Tom Ellis said that takes place in the 5 years between when Lucifer arrived on that universe in 2011 and when the show began in 2016, not 5 years before it began.
It's still before the show begins.

If we're not going to take Margot Robbie on her word for what BoP's time period is, we should do the same with Tom Ellis.

At the same time, I'll assume he was guessing and the more likely reasoning is that the events of the show Lucifer are post-Crisis. Not confirmed, but neither is his reasoning.

If we're not going to take Margot Robbie on her word for what BoP's time period is, we should do the same with Tom Ellis.

At the same time, I'll assume he was guessing and the more likely reasoning is that the events of the show Lucifer are post-Crisis. Not confirmed, but neither is his reasoning.
True. I just thought it could be used as an explanation as to how Barry ended up in October 2016 on Earth-38 when it would be April on Earth-1.

I agree, but I think Robbie was generalizing, since a lot of people used a couple to mean 2 up to 5, even though it's meant to mean 2.

Last edited:
@selfishmisery
How would you feel about trying to push The Flash Season 5 finale into May rather than April? This week's episode confirmed that Marathon also took place in February meaning the season premiere should be in September (5 months prior). This does fit better with not as much time passing before Barry goes through potential futures. As well as could still work with the references to it still being Summer. The episode does show that it's 4 months since the Season 5 finale which is why I'd try to see if fitting it in May would be possible.

@selfishmisery
How would you feel about trying to push The Flash Season 5 finale into May rather than April? This week's episode confirmed that Marathon also took place in February meaning the season premiere should be in September (5 months prior). This does fit better with not as much time passing before Barry goes through potential futures. As well as could still work with the references to it still being Summer. The episode does show that it's 4 months since the Season 5 finale which is why I'd try to see if fitting it in May would be possible.
Works for me. I'll stretch it.

I've finished Supergirl and am planning to have The Flash and Arrow caught up through Crisis sometime later this week. I'll PM you the results.

In next week's preview for Supergirl (which is based off if Kara told Lena her secret earlier) we can see an October 2? 2018 date of death on a headstone for Kara. The episodes Fallout and Man of Steel aired October 21st and 28th and featured Otis and Mercy releasing Kryptonite into the atmosphere, affecting Kara and requiring her to wear a suit created by Lena to help filter it out of her system. The implication is that she now didn't have the suit and did in fact die. Meaning Supergirl Season 4 does begin in late October (good call @selfishmisery). I would move Ahimsa and Parasite Lost to November though.

Latest posts

Back