DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I'm merely speculating. We'll see when WW 84 comes out.
Personally, I'd rather they not create multiple timelines or universes, because thats when things get messy. I hope they just give a satisfactory answer to the big plot holes that that movie appears to have created, and move on with future films. I'm fine with small crossovers, like Doctor Strange in Thor: Ragnarok.

We'll see, as you've said.

Glad the DCEU has found it's footing. I liked Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition and (just a little) Suicide Squad: Extended Cut, but now the quality is more consistent.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in the Shazam timestamps, but I finally got the Bluray today.

Working on it now.

I labeled the 2008 flashback early in the SHAZAM film as a "partially incorrect flashback" It's important to note that there's a clear contrast between that and a similar flashback later in the film to signify that Billy's mother always neglected him even before leaving him behind. Billy only had false memories of her being kind to him as he was either too young to remember or it was a false sense of hope for what his childhood could have been like before being orphaned.

Last edited:

I think Joker could fit in the DC Extended Universe even though it isn't, especially since it's set in the same year the Waynes are murdered. Joker (Jared Leto) could have been inspired by Arthur Fleck. They could even do the 3 jokers if this film was set in this continuity.

Another thing that could have happened is this is a secret setup for a Flashpoint movie, with Bruce Wayne dying in the end.

Last edited:

I think Joker could fit in the DC Extended Universe even though it isn't, especially since it's set in the same year the Waynes are murdered. Joker (Jared Leto) could have been inspired by Arthur Fleck. They could even do the 3 jokers if this film was set in this continuity.

Another thing that could have happened is this is a secret setup for a Flashpoint movie, with Bruce Wayne dying in the end.

Although, the actors they got to play Alfred and Thomas Wayne in the Joker film look nothing like the DCEU actors.

Although, the actors they got to play Alfred and Thomas Wayne in the Joker film look nothing like the DCEU actors.
True, but MCU Hulk, Burtonverse Two Face, X-Men, 66' Catwoman, etc.

Maybe this was put in in case, down the line, they want to crossover with Robert Pattinson's Batman films. I know that Phoenix would have to sign on for that, but Todd Phillips did say he would love to do a sequel. As stated before, if Bruce Wayne was murdered at the end setting up a Flashpoint movie it would blow people's minds.

Yeah, this isn't going to happen, I don't think it will, but it's fun to imagine.

Last edited:
It's probably just a soft reboot. It's still DC Extended Universe for now. I'd prefer if they didn't do this since it's quite universe breaking, but it's not like they couldn't have done something worse.

It's happened before in the case of Two Face so it's nothing new. He could still kinda look like a black version of JK Simmons.

On to something definitely canon:

Last edited:
Should "Joker" be added but with (Parallel Earth) or something of the like next to it? Anyone know the month(s) it takes place in and what year?

Should "Joker" be added but with (Parallel Earth) or something of the like next to it? Anyone know the month(s) it takes place in and what year?
It takes place in April-May 1981. It's not confirmed to be in the same multiverse as the DC Extended Universe and it's only connection is the year it takes place in, assuming Martha and Thomas are murdered in the film, as I haven't seen it yet. If a movie acknowledges it as canonical in any way, I'm sure it will be added.

It takes place in April-May 1981. It's not confirmed to be in the same multiverse as the DC Extended Universe and it's only connection is the year it takes place in, assuming Martha and Thomas are murdered in the film, as I haven't seen it yet. If a movie acknowledges it as canonical in any way, I'm sure it will be added.

The Joker film's opening line confirms it's in October 1981.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a timeline shift due to Justice League's underwhelming performance.
My guess:

Man of Steel - 100% canon
BvS - largely non-canon but some parts still happened albeit differently (Doomsday vs WW, Supes and Bats, Supes dies and Lex is arrested. Recastings and potential differences in story included.)
Suicide Squad - Harley's past in 2009 is canon, the rest is not. (Joker treats her harsher in this new timeline for failing to kill Robin?)
WW - All canon except present day with the photo
JL - 99% NON-canon other than the team fought Steppenwolf and won.

Maybe it will be told a future story? Only DC knows for sure.
If a lot was different in the timeline (but not entirely) since 1918, the end of WW1, maybe the Joker movie could exist in the new canon since Thomas Wayne could now be born in 1920 instead of 1942.

I'm expecting a timeline shift due to Justice League's underwhelming performance.
My guess:

Man of Steel - 100% canon
BvS - largely non-canon but some parts still happened albeit differently (Doomsday vs WW, Supes and Bats, Supes dies and Lex is arrested. Recastings and potential differences in story included.)
Suicide Squad - Harley's past in 2009 is canon, the rest is not. (Joker treats her harsher in this new timeline for failing to kill Robin?)
WW - All canon except present day with the photo
JL - 99% NON-canon other than the team fought Steppenwolf and won.

Maybe it will be told a future story? Only DC knows for sure.
If a lot was different in the timeline (but not entirely) since 1918, the end of WW1, maybe the Joker movie could exist in the new canon since Thomas Wayne could now be born in 1920 instead of 1942.
I'm hoping if that's the case it will be Days of Future Past and not simply ignoring the previous films.

The Flash film looks like an easy way to work in the continuity.

Original timeline
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition (without Barry Allen + Lois Lane dies (or is that during Justice League?))
Dream sequence

Pre-Flashpoint
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
Justice League
Aquaman
Shazam!
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
The Flash (Beginning)

Post-Flashpoint
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
The Batman
Man of Steel (recast actors)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition (recast actors)
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut (recast actors)
Justice League (recast actors)
Aquaman
Shazam!
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
The Flash (End)
The Suicide Squad
Aquaman 2

Something like that.

Last edited:
I'm hoping if that's the case it will be Days of Future Past and not simply ignoring the previous films.

I had a story in mind personally that involved Darkseid and time traveling to 1918, but I won't hold my breath. I'm just guessing based on the fact that there's definitely a restructure going on.

Latest posts

Back