DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Technically, the DC Extended Universe Darkseid is the same character as the one that appeared in Smallville. Just a thought.

Technically, the DC Extended Universe Darkseid is the same character as the one that appeared in Smallville. Just a thought.
Yep. In the season 11 comic run for Smallville, Darkseid himself said (paraphrasing) "There's only one of me in the entire multiverse".

From the concept art I saw of Snyder's Darkseid, he kinda has a similar head design to Smallville's.

It's also worth noting that the forces of Apokolips didn't bother using their physical forms on Smallville's Earth, because presumably (or I'd assume) it was not worth sending an entire army towards. Just corrupting that Earth from within it's society.

Hence why Darkseid and his cronies possessed the bodies of humans.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, I need to break up the opening flashbacks between when Zeus created humanity and the Amazons and the War of the Gods. Obviously the Steppenwolf Apokolips invasion had to happen in between.

EDIT: Actually...can I just remove that and put the time stamps in real time except for the part where Ares fell to Earth? In a multiverse where the "one God" exists, the Zeus thing is most likely legend.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, I need to break up the opening flashbacks between when Zeus created humanity and the Amazons and the War of the Gods. Obviously the Steppenwolf Apokolips invasion had to happen in between.

EDIT: Actually...can I just remove that and put the time stamps in real time except for the part where Ares fell to Earth? In a multiverse where the "one God" exists, the Zeus thing is most likely legend.
I'd assume that God (The Presence?) made the Old Gods who made humanity.

Maybe both Justice League cuts could be canon, with one of them being in the new post-crisis multiverse. That seems ideal to me. Throw in the Ayer Cut too, if we get that, which seems really likely now.

Feels like he never left. :)

Not news, but I don't really get the impression that The Batman is set in the present. Looking at the set photos, the news van is advertising HD television. You don't really see anyone doing that today.

The Batmobile design feels sleeker too, which doesn't mean anything, but it looks like they're trying to make it look more retro to contrast with modern Batman. Probably just overthinking that.

If we were to place it in the DC Extended Universe as is, it seems it would be in October 1996. I don't see this as a problem. The DC Universe is fundamentally different than ours with characters such as Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox, is it really out of question that they'd be ahead by 10 or less years? This is without getting into the supposedly timeless Gotham City. The best option is a Flashpoint soft reboot where events are slightly altered just enough to get a new cast while also keeping most films in tact, but it would still probably be set in the near past.

I'm just speculating. It could just be a stylistic choice, but it seems odd to set the film in the past even if it's just the 2000s.

Last edited:
I'd assume that God (The Presence?) made the Old Gods who made humanity.
Catching up with Legends of Tomorrow, that seems to be the case with the Arrowverse. The Greek gods supposedly having control over humanity for some time (and possibly even created them on that Earth) was made apparently by that show's recent episodes.

So that makes sense. The Presence (the highest power) creates some Earths, the Old/Greek gods create certain others.
And this "Old God" created one and wasn't allowed to make any more. :p
preacher-god-1565384084387.jpg

In all seriousness, I'll readd the storybook flashbacks based on what DC has established now with another universe.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

I was joking, Jesus. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I guess it's not impossible, just Incredibly confusing. I guess the Flash from Crisis was post-flashpoint.
I'm not mad at you. I'm just mad if they try to make this continuity more convoluted and messy.

Let's just wait and see I guess...two years from now.
Yeah. Maybe the DCEU is an alternate Earth-89 where only Batman and Batman Returns happened.

If it's Earth-89 for sure, though, at least that explains the Joker being alive in that universe, it being Leto or whatever post-flash actor they might choose, and that the 1989 version was pahaps an inspiration for them, like Jerome was going to be in Gotham.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the article, only Batman and Batman Returns happened, thankfully.

I think that means this isn't Earth-89!

Last edited:
On a different matter on the topic of Flashpoint:
While we know Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam will still stay pretty much the same, they'll still presumably be counted as pre-flashpoint timeline, right? When Barry goes back in time, he sends waves into the timeline changing things before and after his mother's death, I believe. Anything before the Flash movie would logically be together, and the next is a very similar universe where the newspapers in Shazam were different, the Wonder Woman bookends either didn't happen or Bruce Wayne was older, BVS and JL either didn't happen or Michael Keaton was there instead, Aquaman probably never had a mention of Steppenwolf, etc.

It's all speculation, of course.

Pre-Flashpoint
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
Wonder Woman
Zack Snyder's Justice League
Aquaman
Shazam!
Crisis on Infinite Earths cameo
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
Wonder Woman 1984
The Suicide Squad
Black Adam
The Flash

Flashpoint
The Flash

Post-Flashpoint (separate to Earth-89?)
Batman
Batman Returns
The Flash
Shazam! 2
Aquaman 2

Let's hope it's not as much of a nightmare as it seems.

Is it bad I want a Batman Beyond film set in modern day that crosses over with the DCEU featuring Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back