DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

On a different matter on the topic of Flashpoint:
While we know Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam will still stay pretty much the same, they'll still presumably be counted as pre-flashpoint timeline, right? When Barry goes back in time, he sends waves into the timeline changing things before and after his mother's death, I believe. Anything before the Flash movie would logically be together, and the next is a very similar universe where the newspapers in Shazam were different, the Wonder Woman bookends either didn't happen or Bruce Wayne was older, BVS and JL either didn't happen or Michael Keaton was there instead, Aquaman probably never had a mention of Steppenwolf, etc.

It's all speculation, of course.

Pre-Flashpoint
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
Wonder Woman
Zack Snyder's Justice League
Aquaman
Shazam!
Crisis on Infinite Earths cameo
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
Wonder Woman 1984
The Suicide Squad
Black Adam
The Flash

Flashpoint
The Flash

Post-Flashpoint (separate to Earth-89?)
Batman
Batman Returns
The Flash
Shazam! 2
Aquaman 2

Let's hope it's not as much of a nightmare as it seems.

Is it bad I want a Batman Beyond film set in modern day that crosses over with the DCEU featuring Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne?
Don't overthink it right now.

I'm hearing that the statements about him appearing as the main DCEU Batman might be just rumors.
Plus, Ezra Miller, the guy who finally got his way with how he wanted his Flash movie to be, wanted it to explore the Multiverse.

Don't overthink it right now.

I'm hearing that the statements about him appearing as the main DCEU Batman might be just rumors.
Plus, Ezra Miller, the guy who finally got his way with how he wanted his Flash movie to be, wanted it to explore the Multiverse.
Good.

It's still a Flashpoint film, though, right? The timeline itself is still being changed.

I guess that means that Michael Keaton, assuming he signs on, would travel from his universe to the DC Extended Universe to cameo across multiple films? But Ben Affleck is still gone, so they'd have 2 Batmen?

I guess this makes sense now.

I hope they do both time and multiversal travel and have Keaton travel to the DC Extended Universe and mentor Post-Flashpoint Bruce played by Robert Pattinson. Even better, create a separate Burtonverse sequel franchise with it's own Batman Beyond series and spin-offs.

I hope they at least keep Batman's no-killing rule from Batman Forever even though they're ignoring those films. I really liked how that tied the Burton and Schumacher (R.I.P.) films together, even though the later entries were considerably weaker.

Note that Keaton hasn't signed on yet, but I bet that we'll at least find out during DC Fandome. Probably.

Last edited:
Since you're keeping The Batman on this timeline, for now, are you going to put Gotham P.D. on the timeline as well?

How is this to be interpreted?
"I believe that it really starts to represent its own path.

"It's kind of separate now from what I'd say the DC Cinematic Universe in-continuity. It's divergent in that way and I think that's a good thing."

"The power of DC and one of its cool strengths is the multiverse concept and where they put filmmakers first and go, 'We want to hear your individual voices, take these characters and do a run and show us what you would do,' in sort of the great tradition of comic book writing and the runs that have been done with all these amazing characters, so I think that that is a cool and amazing canvas."

"I've heard some someone say like 'Oh, so you're entering the SnyderVerse now,' and frankly this notion...what you'll see in Justice League and Batman v Superman and Man of Steel, there's continuity across those three movies because I made them and that's my main focus, to satisfy that narrative structure."

Feels more like guessing to me, but still.

The multiverse goes both ways.

The fact he only mentions his films when Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad are still canonical to it feels more like he's referring to the Snyder-related 5 film (3 film) arc that he originally wanted to do. The DC Extended Universe in general could be described as separate to both versions of Justice League anyway, so it's not exclusive to his version.

I can't really imagine DC going through all this trouble and considering that 2017 attempt the real version.

I hope it'll be like what Ray Fisher said during Justice Con. You can watch the film you prefer.

Last edited:
The Knightmare scene takes place in 2022.

Can't say how I know, but I know for a fact.
I know what you're referring to, and it makes me wonder,
pahaps both films are canon? Probably not, but it could be interpreted as 5 years after the events of that film lead into the knightmare sequence which lead to Barry going back in time which lead to the 2017 film.

On the Grace Randolph interview, he states that Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 are after and before Zack Snyder's Justice League, then goes on to state that they would probably be in tighter continuity with Justice League, an assumption he makes dispite not having seen that film. This is why I think he's just assuming his film isn't in the DC Extended Universe.
He also mentioned The Batman dispite that seemingly being a separate continuity
Considering that Zack Snyder's Justice League was confirmed to lead into Aquaman better by Jason Mamoa, and the fact that DC hasn't really mentioned anything from Justice League other than that Steppenwolf invaded Earth and Superman coming back to life, both of which happened in the upcoming film, it seems Warner Brothers would take the latest version of the film as canon by default, or at least leave it up to the viewer.

The only way they can really confirm canon on-screen is if they feature Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter in a future film.

Just my take. In the end, it's up to Warner Brothers to decide on this, which depends on the success of the upcoming film.

Last edited:

Ryan Reynolds liked this tweet. I'm sure you know about his JL and Green Lantern cut tweet. I just ignored it as rumours and Ryan trolling, but I suppose that there is enough reason to mention it.

I suppose he's trolling, but pahaps he's legitimately apart of the DC Extended Universe as Green Lantern? The implications of the later are interesting. He's probably not Earth-12 Green Lantern, but what if he was? Would he not be Earth-DCEU Hal Jordan who just happens to look like Ryan Reynolds or pahaps they're the same interation, in which case Green Lantern 2011 becomes the first film in this continuity retroactively? Amanda Waller sure changed between films if that's the assumption, but a recast is a recast.

It would allow both versions of the film to be canon. In pre-crisis Earth-12, Hal never became a Lantern (presumably) and Sinestro never had the yellow ring. This is why Hal never appeared in Justice League. This is just me having a bit a fun here, just an idea.

Can't believe I'm discussing the canonicity of Green Lantern to the DC Extended Universe. Thanks, Wade.

I'm open to anything at this point. I just wouldn't get too caught up in it beyond "maybe" right now. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be considered canon anyway.

Last edited:

Ryan Reynolds liked this tweet. I'm sure you know about his JL and Green Lantern cut tweet. I just ignored it as rumours and Ryan trolling, but I suppose that there is enough reason to mention it.

I suppose he's trolling, but pahaps he's legitimately apart of the DC Extended Universe as Green Lantern? The implications of the later are interesting. He's probably not Earth-12 Green Lantern, but what if he was? Would he not be Earth-DCEU Hal Jordan who just happens to look like Ryan Reynolds or pahaps they're the same interation, in which case Green Lantern 2011 becomes the first film in this continuity retroactively? Amanda Waller sure changed between films if that's the assumption, but a recast is a recast.

It would allow both versions of the film to be canon. In pre-crisis Earth-12, Hal never became a Lantern (presumably) and Sinestro never had the yellow ring. This is why Hal never appeared in Justice League. This is just me having a bit a fun here, just an idea.

Can't believe I'm discussing the canonicity of Green Lantern to the DC Extended Universe. Thanks, Wade.

I'm open to anything at this point. I just wouldn't get too caught up in it beyond "maybe" right now. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be considered canon anyway.

Until anything is said for sure, I'll take it as Ryan trolling. He tends to do that.

As for now, it's the closest we have from a Marvel/DC crossover in their extended Universes :cool:

As for now, it's the closest we have from a Marvel/DC crossover in their extended Universes :cool:
What, Ryan Reynolds? Green Lantern is DC, unless you mean Reynolds himself is Deadpool...

I've thought about it, and the only way I could see the events of Green Lantern unfolding is after Man of Steel. Zod's campaign doesn't seem all that eye-opening if just two years ago the planet was attacked by Parallax. Amanda Waller and Carol Ferris are both portrayed by different actresses in each cinematic universe. That doesn't mean they couldn't be connected, but it's a point of separation.

I doubt he'd be the same interation.

I suppose they may have thought Green Lantern and Parallax was a hoax based on the terrible special effects in-universe. ;)

(Again, Reynolds is a troll. He tends to be a masterful promoter too, but I wouldn't let myself get too entangled in rumours)

Last edited:
What, Ryan Reynolds? Green Lantern is DC, unless you mean Reynolds himself is Deadpool...
No, I mean Ryan Reynolds quoting his line from a FOX/Marvel film (which was itself a reference to a Warner/DC film) in a conversation about the DCEU — which now is more to Snyderverse than DCEU, but whatevs.

No, I mean Ryan Reynolds quoting his line from a FOX/Marvel film (which was itself a reference to a Warner/DC film) in a conversation about the DCEU — which now is more to Snyderverse than DCEU, but whatevs.
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.
Deadpool isn't really MCU yet, but I'll let it slide

Snyderverse? Eh, fitting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back