DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I would add Batman and Batman Returns to the timeline now as an alternate timeline since The Flash will crossover with that timeline.

I would add Batman and Batman Returns to the timeline now as an alternate timeline since The Flash will crossover with that timeline.
It's a different universe in the multiverse. If that logic applies, then you'd have to add the Arrowverse, and by extension, Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Green Lantern, Dozierverse, 40s Superman, Donnerverse, Smallville (which works better since Darkseid is the same character), Lucifer, Stargirl and The Flash (1990).

Hell, I'd have to add Teen Titans Go! to the DC Animated Movie Universe. No thanks!

It'll likely be treated like the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover is on the Arrowverse timeline.

Last edited:
It's a different universe in the multiverse. If that logic applies, then you'd have to add the Arrowverse, and by extension, Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Green Lantern, Dozierverse, 40s Superman, Donnerverse, Smallville (which works better since Darkseid is the same character), Lucifer, Stargirl and The Flash (1990).

Hell, I'd have to add Teen Titans Go! to the DC Animated Movie Universe. No thanks!

It'll likely be treated like the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover is on the Arrowverse timeline.
I get it, but I think for chronological binge watches, it'd be cool to include them since they'll cross over in a big way during The Flash!

I get it, but I think for chronological binge watches, it'd be cool to include them since they'll cross over in a big way during The Flash!
True... personally, I'd usually go with just watching the crossover for binging both franchises.

You watch The Flash for both a DC Extended Universe binge and a Burtonverse binge, essentially.

Question: If we don't get an Ayer Cut, the novelization for Suicide Squad expands a lot on the film and provides more/better insight on its events.

If we DO get that Ayer Cut, that messes up Birds of Prey continuity-wise because Harley was gonna leave Joker at Ayer's intended ending (filmed no less) for Suicide Squad.

That creates a conundrum...either we get the better version and it conflicts with Birds of Prey, or we stick with the one we got and have to depend on a novelization that expands on it better.

Last edited:
Question: If we don't get an Ayer Cut, the novelization for Suicide Squad expands a lot on the film and provides more/better insight on its events.

If we DO get that Ayer Cut, that messes up Birds of Prey continuity-wise because Harley was gonna leave Joker at Ayer's intended ending (filmed no less) for Suicide Squad.

That creates a conundrum...either we get the better version and it conflicts with Birds of Prey, or we stick with the one we go and have to depend on a novelization that expands on it better.
Pahaps Harley Quinn
leaves Joker for Deadshot, and, like she always does, comes back to Joker, before properly emancipating in Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).

An alternative is that they're two separate timelines that split after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition, pahaps because of the Flash time travelling back to Bruce or because of Crisis on Infinite Earths, which means either Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) isn't in-continuity anymore or the Ayer/Snyder cuts aren't in-continuity.

This would be tricky, as Aquaman is a sequel to Zack Snyder's Justice League. I've heard that Shazam! references the Russian family from Justice League, though I can't see anything other than Russia cleaning up. Regardless, that's relatively small, like how the Trident of Atlan looks slightly different in Zack Snyder's Justice League and Aquaman.

Pahaps they'll try to edit around Joker so that it fits Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) without being convoluted. Hell, maybe even set Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) immediately after David Ayer's Suicide Squad, removing
Deadshot
from the equation, though that's a problem as Joker broke up with Harley in that film rather than the other way around...

Maybe we don't even get one. Who knows?

That creates a conundrum...either we get the better version and it conflicts with Birds of Prey, or we stick with the one we go and have to depend on a novelization that expands on it better.
Perhaps she leaves him, comes back between films and then leaves him again in BoP?

I don't know if you have posted this before (sorry if you did)...
I'm very sad that Zack Snyder's Justice League isn't canon to the DCEU. :(
Eh, I'd say "for now". If it's super successful, literally nobody is going to want to see it remain non-canon and we'll all want a sequel directed by Snyder to complete his five film vision (MoS, BVS, JL, JL2 and JL3).

Never been stated non-canon. Zack puts Wonder Woman 1974 and Aquaman in direct continuity with his film, but claims the theatrical Cut is "probably" more cohesive. This is a claim he makes without having seen Justice League. We know for a fact that Zack Snyder's Justice League fits better in the established canon because it ties into the Knightmare sequence and leads directly into Aquaman.

When asked that question by Grace Randolph (who thinks Zack "loves" evil Superman :rolleyes:), Zack referred to The Batman as if it were DC Extended Universe canon. It's not. Zack was simply making guesses that Warner Brothers consider a film they've only vaguely referenced as canon over his already beloved alternative.

Clickbait. Once again, clickbait.

Zack Snyder said with DC's plans going forward it may be eventually non-canon.

i.e. The Flash movie supposedly resetting some things.

The script, whose latest draft was written by Christina Hodson, sees Flash go back in time to prevent the murder of his mother, an act that proves to have unintended consequences for his timeline.
Is it a time travel story or a multiverse story? What is going on?

superman_set_photo_thebatman.jpg
Either Superman is fictional in the The Batman Universe, or he exists off-screen. Just thought that was interesting.

View attachment 287
Either Superman is fictional in the The Batman Universe, or he exists off-screen. Just thought that was interesting.
There's also a Wonder Woman cosplayer at the party, and a "2019" date seen on car license.

Then again, I saw a blurry "2010" in Gotham and that obviously wasn't in the 21st century. If it's not gonna be clear on camera, maybe even hidden through clever camera trickery, I wouldn't overthink it just yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back