DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

"I'm proud to be a part of building a new universe centered around Black superheroes; our community deserves that"

I hope he means that it's a new universe metaphorically rather than literally. Joker and Batman? Sure, but Static? The DC Extended Universe would benefit from that character.

"I'm proud to be a part of building a new universe centered around Black superheroes; our community deserves that"

I hope he means that it's a new universe metaphorically rather than literally. Joker and Batman? Sure, but Static? The DC Extended Universe would benefit from that character.
I mean...who knows. Milestone is technically it's own Earth in DC's comic multiverse.

I believe Justice League: Mercedes Benz Presents, "Fast Food" takes place during Justice League, after Barry meets Bruce. They are in the same car, obviously, but Barry is eating pizza, like he was in the film when he and Bruce entered the car, and asking Bruce if he sleeps upside down or drinks blood. If it were after the film, Barry would know Bruce has no superpowers.

Every other story is seemingly after the film, though.

Same being. Same Darkseid.

Attachments

• 125826943_1107811722970712_2802725708170182118_o.jpg
    125826943_1107811722970712_2802725708170182118_o.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 8
  • finale09.jpg
    finale09.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 8
Same being. Same Darkseid.
To elaborate:
Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg
1. The Source Wall surrounds the multiverse. Let's just say it's the edge to avoid complication.

2. The Monitor Sphere is the location of the Monitor race. That includes the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor. The S11 Monitors are unknown, but they exist here as well, likely originating from the Anti-Monitor in some way.

3. Next is the locations of Heaven, Hell and Apokolips. Lucifer, God and Darkseid are outside the multiverse. Darkseid sends avatars of himself to different universes so that he may conquer them. Satan, if Constantine '05 is canon, does something similar, appearing differently in the Constantine Film Universe (Earth-19?) Than he does in Hell.

4. The Speedforce surrounds the layer in which the different universes occur in. This is how Barry Allen of the DC Extended Universe was able to survive the Anti-Monitor Crisis and meet his counterpart from Earth-1.

5. This is where each universe takes place. They are surrounded by the Bleed, which the evil Monitors and Anti-Monitor use to destroy universes.

A bit of a simplification, but still. Darkseid can appear differently in different universes if he chooses, but it's still nice that they line up with each other.

How I see geographical logistics of the Hell in the Constantine film is that it's the aether ("The Selvage") between "Earth" and Hell; as a dark reflection and an incomplete physical transition to Hell.
The novelization clarifies that the Hell that Keanu's Constantine saw was a dark reflection of our world; the space inbetween spaces. Demons look like demons because, according to the film's Bluray/DVD extras, and to an extent the Lucifer show (i.e. Maze's zombie face in the mirror), Demons are vain and will see their true forms in a reflection. Imagine that, but as a much, much larger reflection.

It took Keanu's more 'grounded' Constantine little-to-no effort to reach that layer of Hell. But he hadn't fully reached that physical horizon.
John Constantine of Earth-1/Prime, with as much knowledge of the mystical sh*t he knew about including going to other Earths, took him A LOT of effort at first to reach Hell. Entirely. Demons don't look like demons because when you reach Hell to it's fullest extent, they look human like us. (Depending on the class of demons, since some still look like hybrids.) That reflection is no longer there, thus there is no vanity...also because actors without make up is cheaper, but my point still stands since we still saw some with horns and raw skin like this guy:

In other words, Keanustantine didn't make it far enough to transition completely to Hell, Earth-1/Prime's Constantine did however with added skill.

Probably to avoid Mr Fantastic comparisons when Marvel does their F4 movie.
Well, that would happen regardless, really. Swapping genders and calling it a day is kinda the lowest form of representation, in my opinion.

Might as well create an original character if they're going to do this, like the Ratcatcher of The Suicide Squad. Even then, Plastic Man is a much more popular character than Ratcatcher.

Alternatively, Ms. Marvel.
I really know very little about comics other than what I've seen in the movies. I assume this is someone other than Captain Marvel (or will be in the MCU). Didn't Cap Marvel also used to be Ms Marvel in the comics? Wasn't aware of stretchy powers.

Latest posts

Back