DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Does anyone think Zack Snyder's JL will flash forward to 5 years after the main 2017 events of the film?

Interesting note:
The answer is the multiverse. Boiled down, it means that some characters (Wonder Woman as portrayed by Ms. Gadot, for instance) will continue their adventures on Earth 1, while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as "The Batman") will populate Earth 2.
I assume that means a few things.
1.) The post-Crisis Earth for the DCEU is "Earth-1" and The Batman's Earth is "Earth-2".
2.) The Batman shares an Earth with Stargirl...which honestly, I can see that because there was a kid in a Batman costume seen in the background of the Hourman episode (also set on Halloween.)
BatmanEasterEgg.png
3.) It's not like these won't eventually crossover in some form in the future. Both Earths are currently right next to each other.

Interesting note:

1.) The post-Crisis Earth for the DCEU is "Earth-1" and The Batman's Earth is "Earth-2".
2.) The Batman shares an Earth with Stargirl...which honestly, I can see that because there was a kid in a Batman costume seen in the background of the Hourman episode (also set on Halloween.)
View attachment 332
3.) It's not like these won't eventually crossover in some form in the future. Both Earths are currently right next to each other.
Isn't there a 2019 date in The Batman, too? They probably overlap.

"while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as "The Batman") will populate Earth 2."
People other than Batman? Will there be more Elseworlds movies set in the same universe as The Batman?

Last edited:

Interesting note:

View attachment 332
I think it's more of a generalization like these events happen on one Earth and these happen on a second. I don't see any reason why Reeves Batman would actually be on Stargirl's earth.

Last edited:
Hello! Will do you include that DCEU Barry cameo in Arrow's 8x08 episode?

DCEU Fandom dates it in January 14, 2020; and they say that in January 15, DCEU Barry goes by "the Flash" superhero name (I don't get it how they know it that he took the name one day after the meet).
Or maybe considering that it's in Speed Force and not actually in Earth-DCEU, you'll not include that cameo?

Also, in DCEU Fandom; there's a media chronology with some medias that there aren't in the timeline here (like Man of Steel prequel tie-in novels, in addition to The Early Years): https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline#Media_Chronology

Are they all canon?

I think we can avoid novelization of the movies and non-canon video games (they are all non-canon I guess?)
Below there's a full chronology, I don't know if it's 100% correct

Last edited:
I think it's more of a generalization like these events happen on one Earth and these happen on a second. I don't see any reason why Reeves Batman would actually be on Stargirl's earth.
I would agree, but it's pretty straightforward, the way it's framed. It might be unintentional, but it seems like The Batman will be treated as Earth-2 in the future. It just so happens that Stargirl takes place in that universe, too. Not something I would call a shared universe, but as long as they don't contradict each other's events, which is unlikely, there is no conflict in canon.

Though, we'll have to see if this holds in the future.

I would agree, but it's pretty straightforward, the way it's framed. It might be unintentional, but it seems like The Batman will be treated as Earth-2 in the future. It just so happens that Stargirl takes place in that universe, too. Not something I would call a shared universe, but as long as they don't contradict each other's events, which is unlikely, there is no conflict in canon.

Though, we'll have to see if this holds in the future.
I personally need something more concrete. Besides I doubt they actually come out and say that The Batman is Earth-2, just that it's separate from the DCEU. And the fact that it would most likely be unintentional is enough. To me, it seems like trying to force a connection where there isn't one.

Last edited:
I personally need something more concrete. Besides I doubt they actually come out and say that The Batman is Earth-2, just that it's separate from the DCEU. And the fact that it would most likely be unintentional is enough. To me, it seems like trying to force a connection where there isn't one.
I would expect an Earth number to pop up on screen stating Earth-2.

I mean... as long as Matt Reeves doesn't use Solomon Grundy, I guess it's fine.

Again, we'll see if this holds true. It's possible it's a little mistake and they'll fix it.

I would expect an Earth number to pop up on screen stating Earth-2.

I mean... as long as Matt Reeves doesn't use Solomon Grundy, I guess it's fine.

Again, we'll see if this holds true. It's possible it's a little mistake and they'll fix it.
I really don't think they care enough about the multiverse to outright say that The Batman is on Earth-2. I'm sure they're going to keep it vague and simply say it's a different universe from the DCEU like with Joker. I wouldn't call it a mistake that needs to be fixed anyway. Like I said I think it was more of a generalization rather than full-on confirmation that the DCEU is Earth-1 and The Batman is Earth-2.

I really don't think they care enough about the multiverse to outright say that The Batman is on Earth-2. I'm sure they're going to keep it vague and simply say it's a different universe from the DCEU like with Joker. I wouldn't call it a mistake that needs to be fixed anyway. Like I said I think it was more of a generalization rather than full-on confirmation that the DCEU is Earth-1 and The Batman is Earth-2.
An Earth number in the event of a crossover, of course.

Is it just me, or does Linda Carter's Wonder Woman 1984 appearence make an Earth-76 cameo more likely in The Flash? Just saying, Batman '89 ain't the only appearance in that film.

Also, I'd still prefer Earth-66 and Earth-76 to be merged instead of the continuity mess of having two identical Wonder Women. Then again, the Justice League '17 Universe and the DC Extended Universe are very similar...

Is it just me, or does Linda Carter's Wonder Woman 1984 appearence make an Earth-76 cameo more likely in The Flash? Just saying, Batman '89 ain't the only appearance in that film.

Also, I'd still prefer Earth-66 and Earth-76 to be merged instead of the continuity mess of having two identical Wonder Women. Then again, the Justice League '17 Universe and the DC Extended Universe are very similar...
I don't see WB considering Josstice League to be canon after the real version comes out.

So is this the only voiceover from Diana in the film, or is there more at some point?

Diana Prince: Some days, my childhood feels so very far away. And others, I can almost see it. The magical land of my youth. Like a beautiful dream of when the whole world felt like a promise, and the lessons that lay ahead yet unseen. Looking back, I wish I'd listened. Wish I'd watched more closely, and understood. But sometimes you can't see what you're learning, until you come out the other side.

Is it canon?

Is it canon?

Nope. For one, Cyclone is a red head in those shorts where as the actress they cast isn't.

More importantly, it's probably just loosely based on what will occur in the film.

Reactions: Dok

EA3Y9D2UIAATwEg.jpg

Latest posts

Back