DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I don't remember if this was asked before, but is it canon?
So? :oops:

I just watched Black Adam.

Here are the time markers written or heard in the movie:
- "2,600 BC" (for the flashbacks in old Kahndaq (written on screen))
- "Cyborg #4" (2016, November) (falls from Amon's bag)
- "Wonder Woman #1" (variant cover) (2016, June) (falls from Amon's bag)
- Batman Odyssey #1 (2010, July) (falls from Amon's bag)
- "03/01/1997" (Cyclone's date of birth (written on a screen at the gate of the Hawkman's manor))
- "Superman/Wonder Woman #10" (2014, July) (falls later from Amon's bag)
- "15 years old" (the age when Cyclone got her powers (she said it to Atom Smasher))

And here is my deduction of the year the movie is taking place:
There are elements in the movie and on the Cyclone's figure packaging that suggest the movie takes place in the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017:
- EDIT: On the McFarlane website, the Cyclone's figure description indicates she is 19 years old in the movie ( https://mcfarlane.com/toys/cyclone-black-adam-movie ). Her date of birth being 03/01/1997, it means the movie is in 2016-2017.
- When the JSA arrives to the Task Force X's base, Harcourt says something like: "Gods raised humans, and humans buried their gods" suggesting Superman is dead and buried.
- The most recent comic seen on screen is Cyborg #4 from November 2016.
- The post-credits scene showing Amanda Waller and Superman could totally happen days/weeks after the Black Adam movie and the end of Zack Snyder's Justice League, after the resurrection of Superman.

Last edited:
I just watched Black Adam.

Here are the time markers written or heard in the movie:
- "2,600 BC" (for the flashbacks in old Kahndaq (written on screen))
- "Cyborg #4" (2016, November) (falls from Amon's bag)
- "Wonder Woman #1" (variant cover) (2016, June) (falls from Amon's bag)
- Batman Odyssey #1 (2010, July) (falls from Amon's bag)
- "03/01/1997" (Cyclone's date of birth (written on a screen at the gate of the Hawkman's manor))
- "Superman/Wonder Woman #10" (2014, July) (falls later from Amon's bag)
- "15 years old" (the age when Cyclone got her powers (she said it to Atom Smasher))

And here is my deduction of the year the movie is taking place:
There are elements in the movie and on the Cyclone's figure packaging that suggest the movie takes place in the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017:
- On Cyclone's figure packaging, it's written she is 19 years old in the movie. Her date of birth being 03/01/1997, it means the movie is in 2016-2017.
- When the JSA arrives to the Task Force X's base, Harcourt says something like: "Gods raised humans, and humans buried their gods" suggesting Superman is dead and buried.
- The most recent comic seen on screen is Cyborg #4 from November 2016.
- The post-credits scene showing Amanda Waller and Superman could totally happen days/weeks after the Black Adam movie and the end of Zack Snyder's Justice League, after the resurrection of Superman.
That conflicts with Peacemaker, I would think...

Also
If Cyborg is a thing in in-universe comics, I would think it would be post-JL but before March 2017

Last edited:
Maybe the comics are just easter-eggs and we must not look at their release dates, but yeah, a Cyborg comic means it's after Justice League.

And maybe Harcourt's comment is only a reminder of Superman's recent death, even if he is alive now.

On Instagram, James Gunn said The Suicide Squad (and Peacemaker?) takes place in 2021, but are they time markers confirming that in the movie (and the show)? Maybe, since the arriving of David Zaslav, it has changed to 2017 and no more 2021?

Also, the events of WW84 in Kahndaq are not at all referenced in Black Adam.

They only say that Kahndaq is ruled by military for decades. I don't remember the exact number of years. I think they say 25 years... which also could contradict the Peacemaker's newspaper.

Oh, I just remember that the F-22s' scene from the trailers is not in the movie.

Last edited:
Maybe the comics are just easter-eggs and we must not look at their release dates, but yeah, a Cyborg comic means it's after Justice League.

And maybe Harcourt's comment is only a reminder of Superman's recent death, even if he is alive now.

On Instagram, James Gunn said The Suicide Squad (and Peacemaker?) takes place in 2021, but are they time markers confirming that in the movie (and the show)? Maybe, since the arriving of David Zaslav, it has changed to 2017 and no more 2021?

Also, the events of WW84 in Kahndaq are not at all referenced in Black Adam.

They only say that Kahndaq is ruled by military for decades. I don't remember the exact number of years. I think they say 25 years... which also could contradict the Peacemaker's newspaper.

Oh, I just remember that the F-22s' scene from the trailers is not in the movie.
There's no time markers in Peacemaker nor TSS. It's left as an empty slate I guess for anywhere in the timeline post-JL.

Black Adam - The Justice Society Files: Doctor Fate #1 1st Story is missing (you put only page 41), and the title is "Doctor Fate" and not "Freaks and Heroes" (which is Cyclone issue's first story)!

There's no time markers in Peacemaker nor TSS. It's left as an empty slate I guess for anywhere in the timeline post-JL.
I'm doing The Suicide Squad again to see if we forgot something.

I found dates on member files at the beginning of the movie (when Waller's employees bet on the criminals).
- Savant is born in 1960 and he is 61 years old in his file.
- Blackguard is born in 1993, April 22 and he is 28 years old in his file.

Meaning the movie is really in 2021 as James Gunn said.

EDIT: I've edited my first post about Black Adam: Cyclone's age is not on the packaging of her figure, it's only written on the MacFarlane website.
So it could be an error based on the age of her comic counterpart (she is 19 in the comics when she begins her career as Cyclone) and not the age she is in the movie.
The thing that is 100% sure is that it's the first JSA mission for Cyclone
and Atom Smasher in the Black Adam movie.

EDIT 2: I've checked again a time marker in Black Adam:
Adrianna said it's been 27 years that Kahndaq is ruled by military forces.

Last edited:
Putting Black Adam before Shazam movie and Peacemaker show doesn't create inconsistencies?

Also the DCEU wiki:

They put the three cameos after their Peacemaker's appearances, I don't know if they are right or not

And the DCEU wiki said that some of the Black Adams prequel comics occured in July 2022

But maybe they're worng o_O

Putting Black Adam before Shazam movie and Peacemaker show doesn't create inconsistencies?

Also the DCEU wiki:

They put the three cameos after their Peacemaker's appearances, I don't know if they are right or not

And the DCEU wiki said that some of the Black Adams prequel comics occured in July 2022

But maybe they're worng o_O
The wiki uses the release dates while they search for actual dates in the films, which probably will happen until it arrives on HD formats

I will point out that
Emilia Harcourt was in the Task Force X scene, so I would think it happens AROUND TSS and Peacemaker. Sure we don't know when she started working with Waller but it certainly wasn't before JL.

Latest posts

Back