Fargo (News and Discussion)

wyokid

Just finished binge watching season one and started season two. Season one stars Billy Bob Thorton, Colin Hanks, Martin Freeman, Bob Odenkirk, Kate Walsh, and a bunch of other great actors and cameos. The first season is basically an adaptation of the film taking place in 2006 and, from what I've seen so far, season two is about a gruesome event in 1979 that is referenced in the first season. Season two stars Jeffrey Donovan, Kirsten Dunst, Patrick Wilson, Jesse Plemons, Ted Danson, Bokeem Woodbine, Nick Offerman, and, my personal favorite,
Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan
. It's been announced that season three will take place in 2010 and star Ewan McGregor as twins and Carrie Coon. The show has already won 31 awards including Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy and has been nominated for 102 other ones. Suffice to say it's REALLY good.

Thoughts on season one:
I love how Lester (Martin Freeman) goes from being incredibly sympathetic to an absolute downright horrendous human being and such an unlikable scumbag as the series progresses. Billy Bob Thorton is incredible as Lorne Malvo and the scene in the elevator had me floored. Much like the film the show perfectly captures the Coen Brothers feel and I found myself laughing my ass off only to be on the edge of my seat a second later. Colin Hanks, who I have seen very little of since Orange County with Jack Black, is a surprisingly great lead with Allison Tolman, and supporting Bob Odenkirk. It has such a nice slow burn and when fit hits the shan it really hits. Love it!

Anyone else watching?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back