Final Predictions

E

Excelsior Club
This is it. Ultimates 2 #9, which is supposed to reveal the traitor, is out tomorrow in the USA.

Here, post your final prediction on who the traitor is. No double-talk, no multiple choice - pick one person or group, give a brief explanation why you pick him/her/them, and that's it. Do not discuss other people's picks or debate. In fact, it would be better to not even read any other picks until you post your own.

Try to follow this format:

TRAITOR'S NAME
Brief description on your pick or explanation why you picked the way you did.

Bass

Nexus of the World
Iron Man
I think we've been jerked around in a number of ways - the hype, the delays, the actual issues themselves - that make it somewhat impossible to guess. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 'corner piece' to the puzzle we won't know until after the traitor has been revealed, making it impossible for us to guess. But based soley on taking all evidence towards the traitor as gospel, and assuming we've not been messed around, and without pre-empting events, I think that not only is Iron Man the most likely candidate for the traitor, but he would also be the most dramatically exciting character to be a traitor.
That said, I don't think it's him. I just think, something's going to come out of left field and make it Eamonn Brankin or Goliath or Hank Pym's multiple personality or something.
I know that sounds like a flip-flop, but while I think Iron Man is the best candidate for the traitor, I don't expect it to be him.
Sorry to be so on the fence, but it's how I feel. If it ain't Captain America, then it's Iron Man.

E

Excelsior Club
This thread is no-nosense as TGO would say. Serious replies only. All others will be removed.

This is for archival purposes.

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Iron Man

I don't know why but what he said at the beginning of Ultimates 1. It's just a gut feeling.

Edit- I hate you E.

Last edited:

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Black Widow (Latveria)
I have a hard on for the Latverian Supersoldier theory and seeing her first appearance was at the embassy and she got on the team because "She wanted to be", I'd say she was setting this up the entire time. Not too mention it's completely in character for her to do so.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
IRON MAN
He's got the motivation and the means. He could also be just as shocking as Cap, but being the traitor would actually fit with the character and not screw him up (like it would with Cap).

Ultimate Travis

Hank Pym

A Tyler Durden affair. I know that sounds contrived BUT I think it would work better in this situation than any other even better than in "Fight Club" w/ the original Tyler Durden. Check it out! Hank Pym has been bitter at Captain America since he took over the Ults, then humiliated Hank, and finally Hank was kicked off the team. He also had the Cap costume on his bed (Ults 2.6). I think that was more than just a nifty lil' humor device. Hank is the only person to talk to the traitor, too, in his own home. I'm sure SHIELD is still keeping tabs on him so they would prolly know of some other Ultimate's interactions w/ him as in they would know if Black Widow or Stark (the only other 2 options left besides Jan) paid him an odd visit. So what if no one was actually there at all and he was just imagining it. We also know he has a history of mental illness as he mentions being on meds to Cap when he's getting his *** kicked. We know he can go from being an alright guy to suddenly snapping into a mean mother ****er. The traitor is just another incarnation of that mean mother ****er in Hank's head.

MoS

JAN - The Wasp.

I'm torn between who I WANT it to be and who I think it is. I want it to be Betty or Jarvis, but, alas, that's silly. For maximum impact, it has to be one of the big players - and all we've got left is Tony, Natasha or Jan. I don't think it's Natasha because that's just too plainly obvious. That leaves Tony or Jan, and I don't think that Tony started seriously questioning his beliefs until after the thing with Thor. That leaves Jan. But I don't LIKE it.

Last edited:

14rdb

Black Widow

Sure, it may lack shock value but it makes the most sense. If Millar wanted it to be a real jaw-dropper, he'd go for Stark, but I just don't see Marvel turning one of their major icons (and key movie properties) into a villain. It would be hard to redeem him after revealing that he was behind the slaughter of Hawkeye's wife and children.

Entropy

Iron Man

My reasons are varied. For one thing, Tony is the one who will pack the most impact. That's a pretty overstated fact. My personal reason for saying this though is that I don't think all is as it would seem, particularly the traitor. In fact, I'm somewhat wondering if this isn't going to turn out to be a double-edged conspiracy.

E.Vi.L.

Natascha

She's the one with the less defined reason for being on the Ultimates.

Also, this is going to destroy the character. There can be another Black Widow (Aren't there more than one in 616?). Or the character can becom a villain permanently.

But there can't really be another Ironman or even, despite Fury's attempt to the contrary, another Captain America.

She's quite simply the most disposable member of the team!

That's the metastory rationalization, anyway.

Storywise, she's a spy. She's by far the most likely to succeed everything that the traitor has accomplished. She has links with the East. She's the only one I'm not 95% certain she wouldn't kill civilians (including children). She uses firearms as her main weapons.

It just makes the most sense overall.

Last edited:

iceman

Hank Pym

He is the only person who could hate the team as much as he did. And yeah, maybe there is a Tyler thing going on.

I probably doubt it is him, but I'd find almost any other character to be utterly ridiculous, and i'd probably hate it.

Doc Comic

Jarvis
He's been very much in the background, Tony treats him like crap, and he's just generally been quiet and unassuming. Not to mention that in the preview for #9, the traitor looks bald (of course, it might just be the silhouette).

Lieberman aka Red Skull. The super soldier designed to replace Cap. It makes way too much sense for it to happen, especially now that Millar has exposed his weaknesses on UFF.

ourchair

Tony Stark/Iron Man - Of course, this all depends on how we define 'traitor'. It's possible that Tony is not THE traitor, but there has definitely been something up with him since the beginning and Ultimates 2 # 8 finally laid some of those cards down onto the table.

As Bass said it's highly likely that we're going to be screwed over with and all be completely wrong. However, I stand by my choice for Iron Man. I've stood by that theory since way back when no one considered him a likely candidate, and focused mostly on Black Widow, Captain America and General Fury. I've even manifestoed about it.

My nomination for Tony Stark, factual accuracies and logial theories aside is predicated on mostly the Ozymandias cool of seeing the traitor be one man with a secret agenda, with the resources and intelligence to take a pro-active campaign for an ambiguous notion of good.

Nurhachi

BLack Widow

Shes a russian and the doctor guy said america's enemies are striking back or something like that. Also Widows the only real soldier besides Hawkeye. All the others only got onto the team because they had powers.

Big E

Id go with Iron Man. Just because he has the most to gain and most to lose.

Latest posts