Friday Night Lights (TV)

Thank God for new Friday Night Lights. It's most likely the best thing on network television now that the strike has set in (there's still 5 more new FNLs).

The Landry (Jesse Plemons) / Tyra (Adrianne Palicki) relationship/chemistry is my favorite part of the show now. I've loved them since that scene at the Roast in Season 1. Plemons and Palicki are now my two favorite actors on the program - aside from Kyle Chandler (Coach Taylor) and Connie Britton (Tami Taylor), of course. The murder case aside, their teenage (non-)romance is probably the most realistic one on television. Just re-watch that scene at the dance (from last night's ep) and you'll see what I mean.

Meanwhile, boy does Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) need to catch a break. The acting from Chandler and Kitsch in that final scene was exactly what it needed to be to stay true to the realistic nature of the show, but man was I hoping Coach Taylor would stop and listen for once, so he could understand the situation.

Another performance I'm digging? Brad Leland's (Buddy Garrity). I felt so badly for him last night, first when Lyla (Minka Kelly) broke the news to him that his ex-wife was getting married, and then again when he was at her door pouring his heart and soul out to her in the hopes that she would rekindle some of her feelings for him. Is it just me, or does this storyline seem like it still has somewhere to go in terms of their relationship (check out his ex's face just as she closes the door on him)?

What a well done episode. Even with the cheesy tornado F/X and the use of "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" (I actually laughed real hard during that part).

A-

Thank God for new Friday Night Lights. It's most likely the best thing on network television now that the strike has set in (there's still 5 more new FNLs).

The Landry (Jesse Plemons) / Tyra (Adrianne Palicki) relationship/chemistry is my favorite part of the show now. I've loved them since that scene at the Roast in Season 1. Plemons and Palicki are now my two favorite actors on the program - aside from Kyle Chandler (Coach Taylor) and Connie Britton (Tami Taylor), of course. The murder case aside, their teenage (non-)romance is probably the most realistic one on television. Just re-watch that scene at the dance (from last night's ep) and you'll see what I mean.

Meanwhile, boy does Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) need to catch a break. The acting from Chandler and Kitsch in that final scene was exactly what it needed to be to stay true to the realistic nature of the show, but man was I hoping Coach Taylor would stop and listen for once, so he could understand the situation.

Another performance I'm digging? Brad Leland's (Buddy Garrity). I felt so badly for him last night, first when Lyla (Minka Kelly) broke the news to him that his ex-wife was getting married, and then again when he was at her door pouring his heart and soul out to her in the hopes that she would rekindle some of her feelings for him. Is it just me, or does this storyline seem like it still has somewhere to go in terms of their relationship (check out his ex's face just as she closes the door on him)?

What a well done episode. Even with the cheesy tornado F/X and the use of "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" (I actually laughed real hard during that part).

A-

I :heart: NBC so much.

Thank God for new episodes. I'm running low on DVDs and there's only so many good shows to rent from Blockbuster.com.

While I hated the Landry/Tyra secret murder plotline, it did provide some method of bringing them closer. I'm sure there were other ways....but given their different social standings at school, only something this dramatic would bring them together like that. And as Tyra began distancing herself from Landry, all I could think was that I saw it coming. They beat the murder wrap and now she has no real reason to be around him. So it was only natural that she would come to her senses and become embarassed by him in public.

And am I the only one that loves the Matt/Carlita relationship? It's so wholesome and sweet!

But aside from Eric/Tammy....the real reason why I watch this show is for the weekly ****-up adevntures of Tim Riggins. It should be noted that I love how he is always refered to as Tim Riggins. Not just Tim or Riggins alone. But Tim Riggins. So awesome! But seriously...how much further can this kid's life sink? I was just waiting for him to sleep with Tammy's sister.

And Buddy Garrity is and will always be a fav of mine. It didn't even dawn on me until today that he was in the film too. The only drawback to having Buddy onscreen is that at some point we are forced to have Lyla pop up at some point. I really cannot stand her character and could totally live with never seeing her again.

Damn I love this show. And next week's episode looks to be awesome as well.

Man why are me DJF the only ones watching this little slice of Americana Awesomeness?

So while the news of the show being picked up for a 3rd season isn't exactly breaking news.....and neither is the news of Season 2 coming to DVD on 22 Apr.....

What is news is VVD and DJF urging---no---BEGGING you people to watch this show!!!!!

Oh wait---that's not new news either.

You lazy turdstains shut your man-pleasers and go watch this show!!! Get the first 2 seasons on DVD (or at least watch them) and then watch Season 3 this fall!!!!!!

Good God...don't you people like quality TV?

I watched the entire first season as a five-day marathon last October.

Dude, that MILF Taylor Kitsch was seeing was HAWT.

The first two episodes of this third season have been phenomenal. Truly a return to form after the cruddy Season 2 and its murder subplot. (Granted, it gave us some great Tyra-Landry scenes but it's not a season I'll be revisiting again anytime soon.)

I get the full-on goosebumps every time the opening credits play (Best Theme Song Ever? It just might be.), and Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler continue to turn in Emmy-winning performances EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Why they have never even been nominated, I will never know, but I've long since declared the Emmy's a ****ty award show anyways.

The scenes with Matt and his grandmother break my heart into a million little pieces, as my grandmother is currently going through the same stages of dementia, and although I don't spend as much time with her as Matt does with his, it hits home just the same.

And I am just elated by the Matt-Julie development. Sure, Julie has been a ***** for the better part of the last two seasons, but I love their chemistry and hated to see them completely avoid each other all last season.

Biggest A-hole on TV right now? Vice Principal Trucks. And I hope Buddy turns around soon; at first he was a character to hate, then the writers made him lovable, but now it's like he's the biggest (literally) jerk in town.

Dear Lord, do I love Tami Taylor. Mmm.

I'll get back to writing about this show in a few, particularly the Smash storyline, and everything else I've neglected, since I know there at least a couple of you out there who like to hear what I have to say (Thanks, VVD!).

The first two episodes of this third season have been phenomenal. Truly a return to form after the cruddy Season 2 and its murder subplot. (Granted, it gave us some great Tyra-Landry scenes but it's not a season I'll be revisiting again anytime soon.)

True. Although I didn't think Season2 wasn't that bad. There were some stretches, but overall I still think it was pretty decent.

But such is the way for most shows returning for their sophmore season.

I get the full-on goosebumps every time the opening credits play (Best Theme Song Ever? It just might be.),

You ain't ****ing lying!

I'm dead serious.

I want the theme as my ringtone.

The scenes with Matt and his grandmother break my heart into a million little pieces, as my grandmother is currently going through the same stages of dementia, and although I don't spend as much time with her as Matt does with his, it hits home just the same.

And I am just elated by the Matt-Julie development. Sure, Julie has been a ***** for the better part of the last two seasons, but I love their chemistry and hated to see them completely avoid each other all last season.

Seriously.

Matt's story has to be one of the biggest stories that I tune in every week to see. Well that and to see what destructive acts Tim Riggins (greatest name ever) will do next.

As for Julie, I hope we can avoid the whiny teenage brat stage we got last season and get some quality character development between the 2 much like season 1.

Dear Lord, do I love Tami Taylor. Mmm.

Milf-tastic!

I'll get back to writing about this show in a few, particularly the Smash storyline, and everything else I've neglected, since I know there at least a couple of you out there who like to hear what I have to say (Thanks, VVD!).

Gotta show some love to people who watch one of the best damn shows on TV!

My.

God.

I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

So much. SO. Much.

Matt and Julie! *Squeal*

Landry telling Tyra to piss off! *Double Squeal*

Wait....Tyra seeing Landry in a new light and going thru the motions of Season2 again? Ugh.

There's a lesson to be learned here folks.......don't **** with Buddy Garrity's money.

Ugh....one of the best episodes this season!

DJF....have you heard anhthing on whether the show's been picked up for a 4th season? I looked and didn't see anything. But I'm wondering how they're gonna continue the show with so many of their main characters gone?

Riggins, Lyla, Tyra, Matt and Landry heading off to college. You really think the show can last on Julie and JD McCoy? I mean sure you've Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton anchoring the show with their fantastic roles....but still?

I don't know.

Latest posts

Back