GameStick

E

Excelsior Club
I posted this on Twitter but thought I'd share it here too, just because I think it's a cool idea and want to see it succeed.

GameStick: The Most Portable TV Games Console Ever Created (includes video)

a3a722eb4137b8b0866c833cc8c9f1d8_large.jpg

Basically that little stick is a dingle that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. It access some form of the Android Marketplace, and you use the controller to play the games. I'm still not clear if there are only certain games that it works with or if it works better with certain games, but they promise to have a decent sized library at launch and are working with other publishers.

I jus think it's amazing that you can get what is essentially a portable gaming system for $80 like this. I pledged to buy one and can't wait to try it out.

I posted this on Twitter but thought I'd share it here too, just because I think it's a cool idea and want to see it succeed.

GameStick: The Most Portable TV Games Console Ever Created (includes video)

a3a722eb4137b8b0866c833cc8c9f1d8_large.jpg

Basically that little stick is a dingle that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. It access some form of the Android Marketplace, and you use the controller to play the games. I'm still not clear if there are only certain games that it works with or if it works better with certain games, but they promise to have a decent sized library at launch and are working with other publishers.

I jus think it's amazing that you can get what is essentially a portable gaming system for $80 like this. I pledged to buy one and can't wait to try it out.

Hm.... Sounds like someone's trying to beat Ouya to the punch.

This met it's goal ($100,000 - rec'd over $647,000) and is headed toward production.

I kind of wish I had pledged the extra $10 to get the case.

Latest posts

Back