Hi there!

• Help support The Comic Board :

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all!

Figured, I'd start off the introduction thread. I'm a long time comic fan, and have collected from the early 90's. I still have all of the comics from then, along with the comics my brothers would ultimately forget about and abandon as they moved out of the house.

My fascination with comics were really sealed with the Incredible Hulk, I had the video game back in the 80s, that I left in the sun on the dashboard of the station wagon that melted...and I was heart broken. I always loved Bill Bixby's version of David Banner and Lou's animal side of things when the Hulk would come out. I'm a fan of all things comic related now, and enjoy stories I haven't read as I believe that comics tell such an amazing story.

I hope we can continue to grow this forum, and make it truly a haven for all those comic enthusiasts and maybe even pick up a few books from my collection.

E

Excelsior Club
I started collecting around age 12 I think; early-90s when comics really started exploding in popularity and even small towns had 2 or even 3 comic shops. I drifted away after the excesses of the later 90s made it almost impossible for a Jr. High-aged kid to collect comics.

I got back into things with the Ultimates, which was really everything I had ever wanted a comic to be - grounded in our reality and slower, more detail-oriented stories. I always loved the Fantastic 4 so I looked into Mark Waid's run and really loved it. From there it was Ultimate Spider-Man and a few other books (always been more of a Marvel guy).

This site actually began as an Ultimate Marvel discussion board because there wasn't one at the time!

Hellsbuttmonkey

Hi there! Hellsbuttmonkey's the name, monkeying through hell with my butt is my game.
I joined up years ago when this site was still Ultimate Central, when the Ultimate range got me into comics.
I was quite active back in the day on here, so many fond memories of the Church of Bass, the day someone told us E stood for Evil Jerk, the Ultimate Central movie, and that time a load of lurkers took over the site for a day...... Apparently I still have a dead link in my signature to the fan fic I wrote for that....

But anyway..... Hi!

Seldes Katne

Site mom
Ah, the lovely scent of fresh paint.... :) It's hard to believe I haven't been here in almost seven years.

Well, greetings, everyone! I discovered comics back in the late 1960s, courtesy of my father's barber, who had a table full of comic books for people to read while waiting for a haircut. One of my earliest memories was The Atom, who in one issue traveled back in time to meet Edgar Allan Poe. During the '70s I began reading Dr. Strange (still do, when I can get copies), and have continued reading comics/graphic novels off and on until the present.

I currently have a small bookcase dedicated to my graphic novel collections, which includes some Marvel, some DC, and a bunch of independent titles. Thankfully, I also have a library card, and can borrow graphic novels from various libraries in my local system.

I was a long-time member of this site, and was quite active. I was also one of the only women commenting here about comics, which was quite the experience. I've been roaming around the site for the last couple of weeks, re-visiting some of threads and subforums I remember.

Thank you for the invitation to return, Blackbeard. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute -- my graphic novel reading is more sporadic these days -- but I'll drop in from time to time to see what's happening.

E

Excelsior Club
Ah, the lovely scent of fresh paint.... :) It's hard to believe I haven't been here in almost seven years.

Well, greetings, everyone! I discovered comics back in the late 1960s, courtesy of my father's barber, who had a table full of comic books for people to read while waiting for a haircut. One of my earliest memories was The Atom, who in one issue traveled back in time to meet Edgar Allan Poe. During the '70s I began reading Dr. Strange (still do, when I can get copies), and have continued reading comics/graphic novels off and on until the present.

I currently have a small bookcase dedicated to my graphic novel collections, which includes some Marvel, some DC, and a bunch of independent titles. Thankfully, I also have a library card, and can borrow graphic novels from various libraries in my local system.

I was a long-time member of this site, and was quite active. I was also one of the only women commenting here about comics, which was quite the experience. I've been roaming around the site for the last couple of weeks, re-visiting some of threads and subforums I remember.

Thank you for the invitation to return, Blackbeard. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute -- my graphic novel reading is more sporadic these days -- but I'll drop in from time to time to see what's happening.
I'm so glad to see you are well and it's great to hear from you again.

You too, Hellsbuttmonkey!

Pro Bot

Hi my name is Cesar Victor and I have been flatting since 2010, I have done a lot of flatting jobs mainly restoration of old comics.

Pls. feel free to visit my site for my
Erm, little bit weird to just join this site for self-advertisement...

Last edited by a moderator:

Seldes Katne

Site mom
People still come here? I thought we left this in our past. Like a frat house.
Oh...what happens in a frat house stays with you forever.
That's true, I suppose, although to be honest, I've only ever been in a frat house once. It was in Gettysburg, PA, during a Historical Homes tour. The house residents apparently had no idea what the history of the building actually was (they could, however, point out all the fireplaces, because they knew that people burned wood during the Civil War :D ), but it was amusing to see them dressed in good clothes and ties, and stone cold sober.

We found out why at the next stop on the tour, which just happened to be the home of the Gettysburg College President, who made it a point to ask how everyone was enjoying the tour and if there were any problems along the way....

Latest posts