How do you want to die?

Gothamite

Seriously, though, I've never really feared death, until it suddenly hit me how it can happen anytime, anywhere for the stupidest of reasons. The thought of suddenly being knocked down by a car on the street in ten years freaks me out because it would be such an unexpected, pointless death. I'm young now and people of my own age generally seem to think that we have forever to sort out our lives, but we really don't.

Just a rambling notion.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I want to live to a ripe old age and simply die peacefully in my sleep.

Or, more ideally, make it so that the universe will never end, Earth will be able to support an unlimited amount of life and will also never end (neither will the Sun for that matter), everyone who has ever died will return to life, everyone will stay at whatever age they want, and death is impossible.
Living forever would suck. How boring the world get after a few hundred years.

In all seriousness, I really don't want to live for a long time. That doesn't mean I want to die young, but I don't want to live the "senior citizen" lifestyle.

Last edited:

Langsta

Does it have to be realistic?

Because falling into a black hole would be the ultimate way to go.
Falling into a black hole would be the ****tiest way to go I think. Theoretically, I think like, every milimeter of your body starting with the half facing the black hole would begin to stretch apart. Every molecule of your body would stretch apart into oblivion. That's a pretty ****ty way to go.

From Wikipedia:
An object in any very strong gravitational field feels a tidal force stretching it in the direction of the object generating the gravitational field. This is because the inverse square law causes nearer parts of the stretched object to feel a stronger attraction than farther parts. Near black holes, the tidal force is expected to be strong enough to deform any object falling into it; this is called spaghettification.

The strength of the tidal force depends on how gravitational attraction changes with distance, rather than on the absolute force being felt. This means that small black holes cause spaghettification while infalling objects are still outside their event horizons, whereas objects falling into large, supermassive black holes may not be deformed or otherwise feel excessively large forces before passing the event horizon.
I'm not sure if that Wiki article contradicts my crackpot theory or not, I didn't really take the time to read it, I just posted it because it has to do with objects falling into black holes and the use (and possible coinage) of the word spaghettification.

I also think the sun exploding and destroying our planet, or the sun blotting out leaving our planet a cold wasteland, would suck.

I'm still working out my perfect death. So far it has something to do with zombies, something to do with the end of civilization as we know it, something to do with me being the last man alive ('cept, not the Y: The Last Man kind of deal), something about me being the greatest man in the history of the ****ing universe as a result of me triumphing over the zombies, destroying the zombie plague, curing AIDS, cancer, and every other disease, and risking my life for the woman I love (the sexiest being in the universe), something about me being worshiped thousands of years later for doing so by a civilization of vastly intellectual dolphins whose intelligence dwarfs our own. Something about George Carlin coming back in time with a time machine, taking me into the future, and witnessing the dolphins play guitar in a scene reminiscent of that of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Mr. Carlin then informs me of my true destiny, and takes me back in time to a scene not unlike Baxter's death, being chased off a cliff by a thousand beautiful screaming topless women. However, these women are actually bilingual sexbots who are horny at all times of the day and are made for sex. As I make my way to the bottom of the cliff, I fall into a portal to another dimension where I confront a horde of extraterrestrials. The leader of the extraterrestrials tells me his name. I attempt to pronounce his name, but his name is so complicated that as I do, my vocal chords rupture and my brain has several tiny orgasms inside my head, causing my head to explode. I arrive at Limbo where Buddha awaits. He puts me on the path to enlightenment. He stands next to a giant wheel, similar to the Wheel of Fortune, which has several selections, which read destinations where I may spend the rest of eternity. The category I land on is where I spend the rest of eternity. One reads "Keira Knightley's Underwear." The wheel stops at this category. Before approaching the exit doors of Limbo, however, I look back at Buddha. The jolly fat man cracks a smile and then begins to laugh hysterically. I smile back, and nod in appreciation. Buddha winks at me with his left eye. I subsequently spend the rest of eternity in Keira Knightley's underwear. The End.

Last edited:

Iceshadow

Falling into a black hole would be the ****tiest way to go I think. Theoretically, I think like, every milimeter of your body starting with the half facing the black hole would begin to stretch apart. Every molecule of your body would stretch apart into oblivion. That's a pretty ****ty way to go.

From Wikipedia:

I'm not sure if that Wiki article contradicts my crackpot theory or not, I didn't really take the time to read it, I just posted it because it has to do with objects falling into black holes and the use (and possible coinage) of the word spaghettification.

I also think the sun exploding and destroying our planet, or the sun blotting out leaving our planet a cold wasteland, would suck.

I'm still working out my perfect death. So far it has something to do with zombies, something to do with the end of civilization as we know it, something to do with me being the last man alive ('cept, not the Y: The Last Man kind of deal), something about me being the greatest man in the history of the ****ing universe as a result of me triumphing over the zombies, destroying the zombie plague, curing AIDS, cancer, and every other disease, and risking my life for the woman I love (the sexiest being in the universe), something about me being worshiped thousands of years later for doing so by a civilization of vastly intellectual dolphins whose intelligence dwarfs our own. Something about George Carlin coming back in time with a time machine, taking me into the future, and witnessing the dolphins play guitar in a scene reminiscent of that of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Mr. Carlin then informs me of my true destiny, and takes me back in time to a scene not unlike Baxter's death, being chased off a cliff by a thousand beautiful screaming topless women. However, these women are actually bilingual sexbots who are horny at all times of the day and are made for sex. As I make my way to the bottom of the cliff, I fall into a portal to another dimension where I confront a horde of extraterrestrials. The leader of the extraterrestrials tells me his name. I attempt to pronounce his name, but his name is so complicated that as I do, my vocal chords rupture and my brain has several tiny orgasms inside my head, causing my head to explode. I arrive at Limbo where Buddha awaits. He puts me on the path to enlightenment. He stands next to a giant wheel, similar to the Wheel of Fortune, which has several selections, which read destinations where I may spend the rest of eternity. The category I land on is where I spend the rest of eternity. One reads "Keira Knightley's Underwear." The wheel stops at this category. Before approaching the exit doors of Limbo, however, I look back at Buddha. The jolly fat man cracks a smile and then begins to laugh hysterically. I smile back, and nod in appreciation. Buddha winks at me with his left eye. I subsequently spend the rest of eternity in Keira Knightley's underwear. The End.
Wow.

Though, Kiera Knightley's underwear will be less of a dream existence when she hits 60.

Langsta

Wow.

Though, Kiera Knightley's underwear will be less of a dream existence when she hits 60.
It's my dream death. She's immortal. Keira Knightley can grow old in your dream death, but in mine, she's immortal.

Last edited:

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
I want to die in a series of final battles.

You know the ones, the epic ones, where everything, for some odd reason, it hinged upon the battle, and I'll face the general, take him out in a blaze of glory, killing myself in the process, then waking up in a new world, and a new final battle to fight.

It be awesome

Project makes me laugh, wanking off in space.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I want to die in a series of final battles.

You know the ones, the epic ones, where everything, for some odd reason, it hinged upon the battle, and I'll face the general, take him out in a blaze of glory, killing myself in the process, then waking up in a new world, and a new final battle to fight.

It be awesome
So you want your death to be an episode of Dragonball Z?

AnTwan

I want to be sent a gun in the mail with a single bullet and track down the SOB that sent to me. Then I want to get the death penalty for shooting him and die by lethal injection.

Or that celebrity under-ware thing.

Whatever.

Volunteer Fire Detective

Forget the whole "noble dying in a death match to the finish to save the world, the girl, and your momma" deaths- I'm getting as far away from those ninjas as possible. And then, when I am at the highest mountain peak, too far away for them to even contemplate going after me, and now I can live a long, fruitful life in the mountains . . . I get hit by a toilet from outer space. Yes, a toilet. If you've seen Dead Like Me, you'll understand.

E

Excelsior Club
I want to send a gun with one bullet in it through the mail to a random person with no return address and dare them to find me.
Make sure you say something about their mom.

Latest posts