How do you want to die?

• Help support The Comic Board :

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
So I was watching something on the Science Channel the other night about the Hawking Paradox, which is Stephen Hawking's theory that information sucked into a black hole simply "disappears".

In reference to the earlier discussion about what being sucked into a black hole would be like, here's a simplified explaination, to my understanding: Basically, if you were falling into the event horizon of a black hole...nothing would appear to happen. You'd just slowly fall past it. If you were going into a smaller black hole, you would be stretched out by gravitational forces, but in a supermassive black hole (like the one at the center of our galaxy) you wouldn't be stretched and you wouldn't really feel anything. Due to time dilation, an outside obverver would see you falling, but you'd appear to be moving so slowly that you almost wouldn't be moving at all. Eventually, as light is sucked in, you would shift into different shades of red and blue, eventually disappearing visually altogether. Once you get to the singularity, the tidal forces would pull you into your basic subatomic particles.

After that, it's not really known what would happen. See, if we knew a particle's information we could theoretically trace where it's been. It's kind of like being able to pick up a grain of sand on a beach and tell everything that's happened to it since it was formed. However, when something gets sucked into a black hole, it's information seems to disappear. This isn't supposed to be possible. Stephen Hawking theorized that all information sucked into a black hole would just be sent into a parallel universe that does not have a parallel equivalent of that particular black hole. He has since revised this theory and said that the Hawking radiation that emits from a black hole would simply evaporate into the universe and carry the information with it.

SCIENCE!

Last edited:

Langsta

So I was watching something on the Science Channel the other night about the Hawking Paradox, which is Stephen Hawking's theory that information sucked into a black hole simply "disappears".

In reference to the earlier discussion about what being sucked into a black hole would be like, here's a simplified explaination, to my understanding: Basically, if you were falling into the event horizon of a black hole...nothing would appear to happen. You'd just slowly fall past it. If you were going into a smaller black hole, you would be stretched out by gravitational forces, but in a supermassive black hole (like the one at the center of our galaxy) you wouldn't be stretched and you wouldn't really feel anything. Due to time dilation, an outside obverver would see you falling, but you'd appear to be moving so slowly that you almost wouldn't be moving at all. Eventually, as light is sucked in, you would shift into different shades of red and blue, eventually disappearing visually altogether. Once you get to the singularity, the tidal forces would pull you into your basic subatomic particles.

After that, it's not really known what would happen. See, if we knew a particle's information we could theoretically trace where it's been. It's kind of like being able to pick up a grain of sand on a beach and tell everything that's happened to it since it was formed. However, when something gets sucked into a black hole, it's information seems to disappear. This isn't supposed to be possible. Stephen Hawking theorized that all information sucked into a black hole would just be sent into a parallel universe that does not have a parallel equivalent of that particular black hole. He has since revised this theory and said that the Hawking radiation that emits from a black hole would simply evaporate into the universe and carry the information with it.

SCIENCE!
It's funny that Hawking claims to know all this stuff about black holes while he's sitting on a wheelchair (I'm not saying it's funny that he's in a wheelchair, I'm just saying that of all people, he's proposing a theory that would be more suitably thought up by, say, an immense, immortal, godlike extraterrestrial named Erythor who's survived black holes).

Last edited:

Venom Melendez

SCIENCE!

You just blew my mind man.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Yeah, but I'd add being locked in combat with a galactic oppressor, keeping him too preoccupied to escape so that the entire galaxy can have peace and liberation. And it would be a totally badass fight too, with jumping around and explosions and frickin' laser beams.
I remember going to a museum and seeing a cartoon of a girl getting all stretched out next to a black hole. It was pretty freaky, seeing a childish depiction of a young girl in her last moment of contemplation before a death the human mind can barely fathom.

But anyway, I think you just get compressed to a singularity.

In my perfect death, my battle with the galactic oppressor would take place on board the hugest, coolest mother****ing spaceship the universe has ever seen.
I'd try and wank one off in the 15 seconds.
So. . .I'm curious. If you wank into a black hole. . .do you impregnate the universe?
i need to die in a big bed full of asian chicks all cuddlin me an stuff with a big grin on my face. just fall asleep and never wake up
Cause of Death: Yellow Fever.
But if no one can die than think of how the bad the movies , tv , games , comics , books and more would be?

and if everyone returned from the dead Hitler would be back! Though he couldn't kill any one so it would be "There goes that wacky Hitler , Trying to kill the jews again ..... silly hitler death is impossible"
I want to send a gun with one bullet in it through the mail to a random person with no return address and dare them to find me.
"You see this bullet? I killed your mom with it.

Good Hunting."
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great thread.

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I want to die the way I spent my whole life.

Alive.

In all seriousness, I want to die after being devoured by psychedelic-influenced hallucinations. Then I'll live forever as a figment.

Last edited: