I just scored an interview with Bendis!

E

Excelsior Club
I didn't say anything earlier because I didn't want to jinx it, but I have scored a long awaited interview with Brian Bendis. It's awesome, but I can't show you for a couple weeks.

Guys, this is huge - he addresses and pretty much explains the UFF continuity problems and revealed the Ultimate project he's working on with Millar and Vaughan later this year. This is going to be announced with next month's solits, which is why I had to agree to hold it. I tried to get New Avengers info, but they wanted to keep it Ultimate since this is primarily an Ultimate site - smart marketing on their part.

All I can say is that the UFF continuity issue makes perfect sense, and the reason they are so tight-lipped about it is because it ties into the year-end event - which sounds AWESOME! You're not going to believe the artist they have drawing it. They made Galactus out to be a mega-huge event - I'll tell you it's nothing compared to what's coming later this year.

I don't believe I can get in any kind of legal trouble for leaking small bits, so feel free to ask away - just don't get too specific. :D

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE, can I marry YOU?!

Seriously, this is awesome man, and I just have to say that I'm damn proud you did this, and congratulations!

BTW, this better not be an April Fool's joke. :evil:

E

Excelsior Club
icemastertron said:
UltimateE, can I marry YOU?!

Seriously, this is awesome man, and I just have to say that I'm damn proud you did this, and congratulations!

BTW, this better not be an April Fool's joke. :evil:

I knew that was going to come up...but the reality is that the details of his interview were ironed out a month and a half ago, and the questions (many of them taken from comments made on this site) were sent about 3 weeks ago. I just got them back last night.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE said:
I knew that was going to come up...but the reality is that the details of his interview were ironed out a month and a half ago, and the questions (many of them taken from comments made on this site) were sent about 3 weeks ago. I just got them back last night.
Well, that is still great. But ya never know, cuz it's a very high coincedence (and I don't believe in them, really) that ya post it today. Ya know SOMEONE was gonna ask sooner or later.

But I do have a question, don't worry, it's non-specific.

The artist who will be doing the project, has he worked for Marvel before? Don't worry, I won't ask what work he's done before.

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
This is awesome news man. Great for the site.

I just want to know about the big thing he's doing. Bigger than Galactus...I'm geeking out over this.

Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
A quick question, if you can drop only hints...

Is Ultimate Extinction, and thus the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, the catalyst that starts the uber-series you mention?

E

Excelsior Club
icemastertron said:
The artist who will be doing the project, has he worked for Marvel before? Don't worry, I won't ask what work he's done before.

Yes, and he's very high profile. I don't believe he's worked with Bendis before.

Bass said:
A quick question, if you can drop only hints...

Is Ultimate Extinction, and thus the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, the catalyst that starts the uber-series you mention?

They are loosely related.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Hey, about the secret project, are you able to tell us who's involved. Like are the X-Men, FF, etc., gonna be there? Or is this something totally new, with new ultimized characters?

E

Excelsior Club
icemastertron said:
Hey, about the secret project, are you able to tell us who's involved. Like are the X-Men, FF, etc., gonna be there? Or is this something totally new, with new ultimized characters?

It will involve EVERYONE and introduce new characters as well. He kindof hinted at who, and I think it's safe to say they are characters people have been waiting for. It's probably best that I don't get too specific at this time.

E

Excelsior Club
Guijllons said:
OMFG!!! What are the chances. ME too!

C'est poisson d'avril? Non :D

Fair enough. I expected some of that. I can't control when Bendis sends me the replies though. Like I said the questions were sent 3 weeks ago.

E

Excelsior Club
Bass said:
Here's a good one. Y'know my theory you loved? How "on the money" was I?

Remind me which theory that was again...PM me if you don't want to say it.

B

BENDIS!

just so everyone understands, yes, he did send the questions a month ago, and yes i did send them last night.

and yes, he might be revealing too much.

E

Excelsior Club
BENDIS! said:
just so everyone understands, yes, he did send the questions a month ago, and yes i did send them last night.

and yes, he might be revealing too much.

Wow! That wasn't necessary, but thanks.

Apologies for the reveals. I'll be more careful. :oops:

Thanks man!

Latest posts