Important X-Men stories 2000-present.

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Okay, so I half heartedly follow X-Men. I've mentioned before that I find the 10-15 ongoing titles rather overwhelming, and this has prevented me from following the X-Men monthly.

With Amazing Spider-Man being cancelled I've decided to add Wolverine & The X-Men to my pull list. But I want to make sure I'm up to date and not missing any important back stories. I've read a lot of the classic stuff (I'm a big fan of the Essential tpbs), and I've read a good number of X-Men tpbs that are more recent. I'm wondering if there are any important stories I've missed though.

Here's what I've read since 2000:

Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
House of M
X-Men: Deadly Genesis
All the Vulcan stories that follow that through War of Kings
Every issue of Uncanny X-Men following Deadly Genesis through Schism
The major Hope-related crossovers (Messiah Complex, Messiah War, Second Coming)
Schism

Is there anything I'm missing? I know Uncanny X-Force is supposed to be amazing. Are any of the series relating to the new generation of mutants important? (New X-Men:Academy X, Young X-Men)

I think you've read pretty much all the major stories that meet what you want.

Young X-Men was okay and only last about 12 issues.

I really enjoyed Millars Wolverine run. It did a good job of utilizing all of the marvel universe instead of bein X-insular

Friday said:
I really enjoyed Millars Wolverine run. It did a good job of utilizing all of the marvel universe instead of bein X-insular

This is very true.

It's a great run to check out whenever you can, Cap. Not essential to your catching up for what's going on now, but still a great read.

Cool, thanks.

I just read Uncanny X-Force all the way to the end of the Dark Angel Saga. It was good.

It's it worth sticking with after that though?

Last edited:
Does no one else read X-Factor? It has been consistently good/great for years now.

Old Man Logan was great - I couldn't get into the rest.

Latest posts

Back