Injustice: Gods Among Us

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
[video]http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/injustice-gods-among-us-announcement-trailer-637945[/video]

New game by NetherRealms, the studio who made the last Mortal Kombat game.

A bunch of DC superheroes beat the hell out of each other in what seems to be the MK engine. It actually looks like it could be kind of great.

(For some reason, I can't get the trailer to embed, but there's the linky)

Last edited:
Link took me to a 404 like error on my end.

[video=youtube;hMkTQSbE6Bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkTQSbE6Bc[/video]

there it is for others who got same. I sooooooo want it!

Thanks, mole. I'm tech illiterate.

Ed Boon says it's going to release with as many characters as MK, which means a roster somewhere in the upper twenties.

possible even up to 32 (standard MK9 roster plus Kratos, CSZ, Quan, and the DLC's)

This looks great, tho personally I'd rather MK10 (X whatever) I'm interested to see how the roster pans out given that they can get some b and c listers in there unlike MKvsDCU

I can see everyone from the DC side of MKvs.DCU returning, cause NRS is never one to pass up re-usable material (Quan chi in MK9 was basically repurposed from when he was slated to be DLC for MKvs.DCU, it's why his textures look so different from everyone else, FYI Harley Quinn was gonna be the other DLC character for that and lo and behold she's here too)

I really like the idea of NRS getting away from MK for a chance, should make them flex there creative muscles, not surprisingly the most intriguing thing in that vid was Grundy who NRS would have had to start completely from scratch for

Hmmm they'll probably split the roster even between heroes/villains

Superman
Batman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Shazam/Captain Marvel
Catwoman
Lex
Joker
Deathstroke
Darkseid
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Leaves 12-19 more

I hope they don't expand too much on the main "families" since diverse and well loved as alot of characters are no need to fill the roster with alot of kryptonians/flashes/marvels/lanterns since alot of their powersets are basically the same, you could do quite a bit with the bat family since they vary quite a bit in their gadgetry (escrima sticks, bo staff, etc.) hell you could probably make the whole game Gotham based and it'd come out great, but I really hope they run the gamot (sp?) of the DCU and not throw alot of identical movesets in for lip-service

i'm more jazzed about this than i should be

I'm not so sure they're recycling the models from MKvs.DC, Gem. They talked about how they've gone through countless designs for all the characters, and that game was released quite some time ago. But that list seems pretty likely.

I'd bet money on Cyborg and Aquaman, in part because DC is trying to hype up those characters and in part because NR loves cyborgs and I doubt they can pass up a guy with a trident and a hook hand. Green Arrow seems a likely prospect too, and Lobo would be perfect.

I just want Barda as a character.... is that so much to ask?

From the walkthrough video I saw a few days ago it looks like there're 24 characters and 15 levels to choose from so I'm hoping they have a lot of "home court" levels for characters (people like Batman and Nightwing could share bases). I'd personally love to see Slaughter Swamp, Gorilla City and the 31st Century get included but we'll probably just get three or four levels to Supes and Bats each.

Glad Nightwing is in it but I hope there aren't anymore Batman characters other than villains.

I'd bet money that Sinestro makes the game since he was originally going to be DLC in Dc vs MK.

They have freaking Grundy, so Barda is certainly a possibility.

Yeah, well, Solomon was born on a Monday. Barda wasn't.

Where do u read the comics at

Whore houses, mostly. But that's more to do with where I spend all my time, rather than something particular to my comics reading habits.

From the walkthrough video I saw a few days ago it looks like there're 24 characters and 15 levels to choose from so I'm hoping they have a lot of "home court" levels for characters (people like Batman and Nightwing could share bases). I'd personally love to see Slaughter Swamp, Gorilla City and the 31st Century get included but we'll probably just get three or four levels to Supes and Bats each.

Glad Nightwing is in it but I hope there aren't anymore Batman characters other than villains.

I'd bet money that Sinestro makes the game since he was originally going to be DLC in Dc vs MK.

God, DC vs. MK was so bad. If Sinestro is in it, I hope they make him a distinct enough character from GL. I'd honestly rather see lesser known but more unique GL villains (Red Lanterns seem like the kind of thing Netherrealm would splooge over), but Sinestro makes sense.

The demo is out. Thbe demo is very fun can not wait for full game.

Injustice Gods Among Us

Just got it last night. Was late so I didn't play it much. Seems pretty good. Anyone else get this yet?

Latest posts

Back