Is this where I introduce myself?

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Gah! Don't you girls get the message?! We don't want you in our treehouse! You're icky! E was all, "They'll tire and leave" but I knew you'd multiply! It's what you do! You breed and try to change us and put posies everywhere! GAH!

It's my fault they stay.

I give off pheromones.

Oh, and also, hi, lady.

Last edited:

the watcher

Meaning behind my member name: I LOVE Deadpool and I'm female...so Lady Deadpool works on so many levels.

Favorite characters: Lady Deadpool, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Spiderman (So far)

Where I buy my comics: The Strand or on rare occasions my job

When/why I started collecting comics: Don't have a collection yet, just recently got into it

My first comic: Can't remember

Favorite TV show/movie: So far: Once upon a time for TV and as for movies, the juries still out on that

Favorite actor/actress: At the moment: Bradley Cooper and Keira Knightley

Favorite food/drink: Whatever I'm in the mood for

Favorite music acts: Friendly fires, Florence and the Machines, Foster the People

Favorite book(s): Working a book store you'd think I would have one, but I don't. I just like sci fi/fantasy in general.

Favorite cartoon/anime: Going old school here: Biker Mice From Mars 90's version

Favorite game(s): Currently MvC3, Super Street Fighter 4

First off welcome. Second, Love the handle. I'm a Lady Deadpool fan myself.

Woo!! Seldes and I aren't the only women on the board now!

Also, welcome to our hive of scum and villainy.

Are you sure... Remember last time. :shifty:

It's my fault they stay.

I give off pheromones.

Oh, and also, hi, lady.

Your right about somethings being your fault. But, it's not the ladies wanting to stay. It's more the bad stuff on this site that's your fault. Like reassuring Houde's ego. We all know nothing good will come from it. But you still do it anyways.

Venom Melendez

Lady Deadpool said:

Meaning behind my member name: I LOVE Deadpool and I'm female...so Lady Deadpool works on so many levels.

Favorite characters: Lady Deadpool, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Spiderman (So far)

Where I buy my comics: The Strand or on rare occasions my job

When/why I started collecting comics: Don't have a collection yet, just recently got into it

My first comic: Can't remember

Favorite TV show/movie: So far: Once upon a time for TV and as for movies, the juries still out on that

Favorite actor/actress: At the moment: Bradley Cooper and Keira Knightley

Favorite food/drink: Whatever I'm in the mood for

Favorite music acts: Friendly fires, Florence and the Machines, Foster the People

Favorite book(s): Working a book store you'd think I would have one, but I don't. I just like sci fi/fantasy in general.

Favorite cartoon/anime: Going old school here: Biker Mice From Mars 90's version

Favorite game(s): Currently MvC3, Super Street Fighter 4

Welcome to the boards!

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
First off welcome. Second, Love the handle. I'm a Lady Deadpool fan myself.

Are you sure... Remember last time. :shifty:

Your right about somethings being your fault. But, it's not the ladies wanting to stay. It's more the bad stuff on this site that's your fault. Like reassuring Houde's ego. We all know nothing good will come from it. But you still do it anyways.

Houde.....

um.....

Is that the guy who's writing Batman?

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Gah! Don't you girls get the message?! We don't want you in our treehouse! You're icky! E was all, "They'll tire and leave" but I knew you'd multiply! It's what you do! You breed and try to change us and put posies everywhere! GAH!

il_570xN.58210878.jpg

but anyway, welcome Lady D!

Biker Mice From Mars was pretty cool, but I could never get over the fact that it (and to a greater extent Street Sharks) was just a rip-off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - which was my favourite part of life as a kid.

Captain Canuck

So do it now.

I never did this either, so I guess I will.

From: Toronto, but I've lived in Kenya, England, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania as well.

Meaning behind my member name: growing up in the US and being Canadian, a lot of my identity was wrapped up in being a Canuck. So the email address I used in high school was [email protected] I decided to keep that identity here.

My pull list:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Ultimates
Carnage USA
I trade wait New Avengers and get a few other trades here and there from time to time.

Favorite titles:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man

Favorite characters:
Spider-Man

Where I buy my comics:
Planet X on Queen Street (Toronto)
occasionally Ebay

When/why I started collecting comics:
I had a few as a kid, but really got into them in 2006 when I took a year off college and worked. There were two comic shops within walking distance of my house and I had some extra money for the first time in my life.

My first comic:
"The Amazing Spider-Man: Hit and Run!" (A free Marvel PSA comic about bike safety featuring Spider-man & Ghost Rider in Toronto)

Favorite/least favorite writer:
I don't know, probably Bendis. For both.

Favorite/least favorite artist:
I like lots of artists, and don't like the rest of them.

Favorite TV show/movie:
Favourite TV show of all time - LOST.
Favourite movie - The Princess Bride

Favorite actor/actress:
I don't know if I really have favourites.

Favorite food/drink:
lasagna & caesar salad

Favorite music acts:
The Beatles, Taylor Swift, Eric Clapton, Cold Play, Simon & Garfunkle, Chris Tomlin.

Favorite book(s):
The Bible, The Three Musketeers, The Hobbit, LOTR, Narnia, Harry Potter

Favorite cartoon/anime:
most cartoons about super heroes are pretty good.

Favorite game(s):
Dominion, MTG, I like tons of board games

Miscellaneous/More about me:
I work with teenagers for a living. I'm a youth pastor at a church. I love Jesus and most of the time I think you guys are pretty cool too.

Last edited:

mike3717

Meaning behind my member name: uh....its my name, with the last 4 of my old phone #

My pull list: Justice League, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, Action Comics

Favorite titles: Animal Man and Swamp Thing right now. Along with Trades of The Walking Dead and The Boys.

Favorite characters: Green Lantern, Superman, Thor

Where I buy my comics: Comics Etc - http://www.angelfire.com/ny/comicandcardstore/

When/why I started collecting comics: Wow....a loooong time ago. Probably when I was about 10 or 11.

My first comic: Avengers #166. It was one of my cousins comics and it was the one that first got me interested. I loved how bad ass Thor was.

Favorite/least favorite writer: Favorite(s) = Alan Moore & Garth Ennis. Least favorite = Loeb.

Favorite/least favorite artist: I really like Skottie Youngs work in Wizard of Oz. Also Walt Simonson (his epic run on Thor) . There are probably lots of others I can't think of now. As for least favorite artist, that's easy. Rob Liefeld.

Favorite TV show/movie: Archer (currently) / Caddyshack.

Favorite actor/actress: None

Favorite food/drink: Beer. It's def the best food/drink around.

Favorite music acts: Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Cramps, The Clash, The Stranglers, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder (mostly Cody Kilby), Tony Rice, Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, New York Dolls, The Rolling Stones, Coltrain, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis. (I like rock n roll and bluegrass along with a healthy smattering of jazz)

Favorite book(s): The Dark Tower series by Stephen King

Favorite cartoon/anime: The Herculoids!!!!!

Favorite game(s): Fallout 3, Skyrim, Halo, Civilization.

Miscellaneous/More about me: n/a

Last edited:

the watcher

Re: Ultimate Central Member Introduction Thread (3.0)

Updated Mine.

Job: Baker.

Meaning behind my member name: I like reading about all the alternate realities. So in a way I feel Like a Watcher. Also I love to watch movies.

My pull list: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Ultimates, Ultimate Comics X-Men Avenging Spider-Man, New Avengers, Amazing Spider-, Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man, Batman, Supergirl.
Favorite titles: Anything Ultimate & anything Spider-Man.

Favorite characters: Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Thing, Human Torch, Hulk, Thor, Deadpool, Lady Deadpool.

Where I buy my comics: Graham Cracker Comics.

When/why I started collecting comics: My grand parents use to buy comics for my brothers and I.

My first comic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #??

Favorite/least favorite writer: Favorite: Brian K. Vaughan, Mike Carrey, Mark Millar. Least: Bendis

Favorite/least favorite artist: Favorite: Gabrielle Dell'Otto, Mark Bagley, Steve McNiven, Bryan Hitch. Least: Bachalo, Chaykin.

Favorite TV show/movie: TV:24, Smallville, Prison Break, Supernatural, Psych, The Walking Dead, Law And Order.
Movies: Clerks II, X-Men III, V for Vendetta, Spider-Man I & II, Jackie Chan's Half a loaf Of Kung Fu, Rush Hour, Rush Hour II

Favorite actor/actress: Robin Williams & Jackie Chan.

Favorite food/drink: Portillo's Big Beef with Hot Peppers, Portillo's French fries, Pepsi , Doritos, Mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet corn, Popcorn. almost everything Iltian, Chinese food.

Food I hate: Sourkrawt!!!

Favorite music acts: Christina Perri, Foo Fighters, Kirby Krackle, The Script, Death Cab for Cutie, 7th Heaven, Sick Puppies, Seether, Everclear, Tab Benoit, Norah Jones, Poison, Blink-182, The Mighty Blue Kings, Jet, Buddy Guy, Vertical Horizon, Frank Sinatra, James Brown, Collective Soul, Brian Setzer, Pearl Jam, 2 Unlimited, 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds To Mars, Nat King Cole, 2pac, Bryan Adams, Bush, AC/DC, Ace Of Base, Aerosmith, The All-American Rejects, Allman Brothers, Avril Lavigne, BB King, Barenaked Ladies, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Berry Manalow, Better Than Ezra, Billy Joel, Black Eyed Peas, Blessed Union Of Souls, Blue October, Blues Traveler, Bon Jovi, Buddy Holly, The Calling, Chicago, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Cross Movement, The Crystal Method, Daughtry, Dave Mattews Band, Dean Martin, Def Leppard, Elvis Presley, Eric Clapton, Evanescence, Eve 6, Falling Up, Five For Fighting, Green Day, Goo Goo Dolls, Good Charlotte, Greatful Dead, Gun N' Roses, Hoobastank, Howlin' Wolf, Incubus, Jars Of Clay, Jay-Z, Jimmy Eat World, Johnny Cash, Kid Rock, The Killers, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Match Box Twenty, Michael Bublé, Muddy Waters, Nickelback, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Pink, Plain White T's, Puddle Of Mudd, R.E.M., The Ramones, Ray Charles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Sara Bareilles, Simple Plan, Snoop Dogg, Sum 41, Switchfoot, Theory Of A Deadman, Taylor Swift, Train, U2, Van Halen, Weezer, Weird Al Yankovic, Willie Nelson, Yellowcard, ZZ Top.

Favorite book(s): Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Favorite cartoon/anime: The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurerama.

Favorite game(s): Ultimate Spider-Man, The Punisher, Spider-Man II, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Baman: Arkham City Kinect Sport, Kinect Sport Season 2, The Simpsons Game, Dance Central, Pitfall Legend of Zelda. (gotta love the classics)

JoeMD

Having made a few posts here I thought it time to introduce myself. So...

Real name: Same as my User Name. I'd actually like to change my user to 'JoeMD" is that's possible?

Meaning behind my member name: See above

My pull list:
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman (digital)
Birds of Prey
Catwoman
Defenders (digital)
Demon Knights
Huntress (digital)
I, Zombie
Last Phantom
Justice League Dark (Digital)
Punisher - $6.60 (on going)
Sonic The Hedgehog - $6.60 (on going)
Sonic Universe - $6.60 (on going)
Supergirl (digital)
Venom (digital)
Whispers (digital)
Wonder Woman (digital)

Favorite titles: At the moment? Aquaman, Birds of Prey, Batman, Last Phantom, Sonic the Hedgehog and Punisher.

Favorite characters:
Doctor Strange, The Phantom, Spider-Man, Catwoman, Batman, Power Girl, Zatanna (before New 52), Madame Xanadu (before New 52), Scott Pilgrim, Dream/ Sandman

Where I buy my comics:
Graphic Action (floppied), Comixology (digital), Book Depository (trades/ HCs)

When I was about 7. I had reading difficulties in early school. I was well below the reading level for my age. My dad found some old Phantom comics and gave them to me as I had - and have - an interest in drawing. I loved the artwork and eventually I wanted to be able to read the story. So, through comics I literally learnt to read, and know I'm knocking over 1000 page tomes. It's pretty cool!

My first comic:
The Phantom (Frew editions)

Favorite: Man, this is hard. Neil Gaiman, Dan Slott, George Perez, Luna Bros. I could go on...
Least: Bendis. Frank Miller - don't hate him, just feel he's waaay over rated.

Favorite: George Perez, Sy Barry, Paul Ryan, Guillem March, Ivan Reis, Again, I could go on
Least: Anyone that draws in the scratchy, early Image/ Dave Finch kind of way. Ugh. Also, JrJr. Again, I feel he's way over rated. Really dislike the blockyness.

Favorite TV show/movie:
TV - Doctor Who (classic and new), Firefly, Veronica Mars, Battlestar Galactics (new),
Movie - Ghostbusters, The Matrix, Spidey 2, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Thor, Sunshine, Day the Earth Stood Still (original), Empire Records

Favorite actor/actress:
Actor - James Callis
Actress - Liv Tyler

Favorite food/drink:
Food - steak, pancakes, peppermints
Drink - tea, milo

Favorite music acts:
Azum Ali, Nightwish, Tea Party, Jeff Martin, Lisa Mitchell,

Favorite book(s):
The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear, The Hobbit, Stardust, Neverwhere, Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish, LotR

Favorite cartoon/anime:
Daria, Real Ghostbusters, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Inspector Gadget, Sonic the Hedgehog, Totally Spies,

Favorite game(s):
Deus Ex 1 & 3, Myst series, Dragon Age series, Sonic series, Streets of Rage 1 & 2, Street Fighter II,

I've recently graduated from Uni and now teach high school art. Before this I gained a diploma and Bachelor degree in Fine Art and has a short career as an illustrator. I run the Phantom fan site ChronicleChamber.com which I'm very proud of as it's grown to the leading Phantom site on the net. I also have a Tumblr where I talk about various geeky things.

hero020

From: England, London ( I am going to live in The United States when I am older)

My pull list:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Ultimates
Fantastic Four

Favorite titles:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
Fear itself
The Ultimates

Favorite characters: Spider-man

Where I buy my comics: Forbidden Planet

I started collecting comics when I was about 4. I had started reading comics after I watched the first Spider-man movie. Whenever I would go shopping I would notice any type of magazine or comic with a picture of Spider-man and ask my mother/father if they could buy it for me. The collecting aspect just grew from there.

My first comic:
All I know is that it was a Spider-man comic

Favorite/least favorite writer: I have a list of favourites which definitely includes Stan Lee but my least favourite is probably Miller but I like his work on The Ultimates.

I like lots of artists and I don't have a favourite.

Favourite TV show: Doctor Who (possibly)

Favourite movie: Toy story and the whole Star Wars film set

Favorite actor/actress: Samuel L Jackson

Favorite food/drink: Pizza

Favorite book(s): The Sherlock Holmes books

Favorite cartoon/anime: The Simpson

Favorite game(s): Batman: Arkham City and Assassins Creed Revelations

Miscellaneous/More about me: I am currently in secondary in my first year. When I am older I want to be a script writer. I am a fan of comics and animation. The rest is classified information and highly top secret.

Last edited:

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
Alexis "Lexi" Kimble

Born in Ohio. I've lived in Arizona, California and Illinois.

Meaning behind my member name:
It was the name of my OC rocker chick when I played Jem & the Holograms as a kid. I've used it in D&D, World of Darkness, and now a days in video games.

My pull list:
Batwoman
Batman
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
X-Force
Avengers Academy
W&tXM
and a few others

Favorite titles:
Batwoman
Hellboy
The Authority
Patsy Walker: Hellcat
X-23
Pixie
Claremont/Davis era Excalibur
Loveless
Shōjo Kakumei Utena

Favorite characters:
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Batwoman
X-23
Sinister
Hermione Granger
Luna Lovegood

Where I buy my comics:
Amazon

I started when my uncle got me into them when I was 4-5. I've walked away a few times, but I keep coming back.

My first comic:
Ghost Rider vol. 1 Issue 2

Favorite - Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Jimmy Palmiotti, Marjorie Liu, Greg Rucka, James Tynion IV
Least Favorite - Scott Lobell, Chuck Austin, Mark Millar, Frank Miller

Favorite - Sara Pichelli, Sana Takeda, JH Williams III, Eric Canete, Mike Mignola, Kenneth Rockafort, Stjepan Sejic, David LaFuente, Chris Bachalo
Least Favorite - Greg Land, Rob Liefeld, Philip Tan, David Finch, John Byrne, Frank Miller

Favorite TV show/movie:
TV Shows - Lost, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, True Blood, The Muppet Show, Dr Who
Movies - Blade Runner, Legend, Labyrinth, Alien, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski

Favorite actor/actress:
David Tennant, Christina Ricci, Gene Wilder

Favorite food/drink:
Curry Chicken and a Cosmo

Favorite music acts:
Tool, APC, Puscifier, Frank Zappa, A System of a Down, Bon Iver

Favorite book(s):
Hunger Games, most Stephen King, Tad Williams and Clive Barker

Favorite cartoon/anime:
Shōjo Kakumei Utena, Read or Die, Saki, Blue Drop, Kashimashi, Strawberry Panic, K-On!, Kim Possible, Avatar

Favorite game(s):
Rule of Rose, Xenosaga, Bayonetta, Metal Gear franchise, all things Bioware

Hogwarts House:
Hufflepuff

I've been published as an artist (Altho it was Antarctic Press, so not sure if that counts)
I'm currently doing design work for video games.
I've been arrested at an LGBT protest.
I have 3 college degrees (MA in Fine Art, MA in Art History, BA in Graphic Design)
I almost died in 2005 on my birthday due to sudden renal failure.

Last edited:

Captain Canuck

Real name: Same as my User Name. I'd actually like to change my user to 'JoeMD" is that's possible?
yeah, send E a private inbox message.

From: Toronto, but I've lived in Kenya, England, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania as well.

Meaning behind my member name: growing up in the US and being Canadian, a lot of my identity was wrapped up in being a Canuck. So the email address I used in high school was [email protected] I decided to keep that identity here.

My pull list:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Ultimates
Carnage USA
I trade wait New Avengers and get a few other trades here and there from time to time.

Favorite titles:
Amazing Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man

Favorite characters:
Spider-Man
woah, we have a lot in common!
Sorry that was a complete accident
you can edit your posts by clicking the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of your posts.

hero020

Captain Canuck said:
yeah, send E a private inbox message.

woah, we have a lot in common!

you can edit your posts by clicking the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks

E

Excelsior Club
I've probably caught all of the new people in their first posts, but welcome!

And thanks to everyone else for posting.