Marvel Animated Universes (2000s) - Timeline

Please link the article. I'm seriously not a fan of Hybrid Network ever since they cheered at the idea that jobs were lost at Marvel Animation last year...just simply based on the fact they personally hated the shows.

Please link the article. I'm seriously not a fan of Hybrid Network ever since they cheered at the idea that jobs were lost at Marvel Animation last year...just simply based on the fact they personally hated the shows.
  • Marvel's M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel's Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel's Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel's Howard The Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America's favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel's The Offenders, is a story in which nobody asked them to -- and we'd be better off if they didn't -- but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. Jeph Loeb will executive produce.
From https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/11/marvel-hulu-animated-series-first-look/ and other websites.

I removed the Marvel's Ant-Man shorts from the timeline. I've been hesitant to for far too long. :confused:

EDIT: For the sake of objectivity, I've also removed the Rocket & Groot shorts and Marvel Superhero Adventures shorts/comics.

Last edited:
According to Cort Lane, Gwen will evolve into "Ghost Spider" in the remainder of Marvel's Spider-Man season two. Thus potentially confirming that MSM and Marvel Rising are connected to some degree.

I'll adjust the timeline.

Not that I'm buying it, but Marvel wikia considers Marvel Spider-Man to be in the same Universe as Marvel Avengers Assemble Season 5 and Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Season 3. Marvel Ultimate Spider-Man is considered apart of the same universe as Marvel Avengers Assemble Season 1-4, Marvel Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Season 1-2.

Though, Thor and Green Goblin have their Earth-12041 appearances.

Last edited:
I'm aware of that. I think that was done for simplicity's sake. (TRN is also a temporary placement; not an official reality number.)

At the same time, these are all connected by design and story - but I'm piecing it together to the best of my ability. I don't know how or why Horizon High is in Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, but at the same time the showrunners did say it was continuing on from the previous seasons.

But the continuity is absolutely a mess, I won't deny that...They need to explain the MSM thing badly.

Last edited:
Just spotted a tiny mistake.
????
????

Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk

????
????

Tony Stark becomes Iron Man

Changed to:
????
????

Just spotted a tiny mistake.
????
????

????
????

Changed to:
????
????

That's assuming they happen the same year.

That's assuming they happen the same year.
Not on other timelines, but it's your timeline so "shrugs, thumbs up". To me that would make me have to split up the months in years with long lines of ????. To each his own.

I'm aware of that. I think that was done for simplicity's sake. (TRN is also a temporary placement; not an official reality number.)

At the same time, these are all connected by design and story - but I'm piecing it together to the best of my ability. I don't know how or why Horizon High is in Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, but at the same time the showrunners did say it was continuing on from the previous seasons.

But the continuity is absolutely a mess, I won't deny that...They need to explain the MSM thing badly.
I know about the wikis tendency to use Temperal Reality Number's for universes. Still, some fans believe this, which is worth pondering about.

I know about the wikis tendency to use Temperal Reality Number's for universes. Still, some fans believe this, which is worth pondering about.

I have thought about it. But I'm not erasing MSM, GotG S3 or Avengers S5 from the timeline if that's what you're suggesting.

I have thought about it. But I'm not erasing MSM, GotG S3 or Avengers S5 from the timeline if that's what you're suggesting.
Nope, not suggesting that at all. I personally don't believe that AA1-4 is a (completely) seperate universe to AA5, based on the fact that makes no sense from a story/consistency standpoint.

Pretty much. Unfortunately, the continuity is a mess thanks to the integration of MSM into GotG and AA's canon, so I have to come up with own reasoning for it all to work.

But bare in mind, I still kept EMH and WatXM entirely separate. That's confirmed to a be in a different reality number. And the Ant-Man shorts and Marvel Super Hero Adventures were removed for logical/consistency reasons.

Pretty much. Unfortunately, the continuity is a mess thanks to the integration of MSM into GotG and AA's canon, so I have to come up with own reasoning for it all to work.
Counter Earth is more creative than "New Universe!" for each new season.

Counter Earth is more creative than "New Universe!" for each new season.

Whatever it takes.

What about the 90s shows? Were any of those connected? I know people have shown up in each other's shows.

What about the 90s shows? Were any of those connected? I know people have shown up in each other's shows.
Well, officially, Spider-Man and X-Men are connected. Iron Man, Fantastic Four and The Incredible Hulk are a shared universe. Silver Surfer is it's own thing, as well as Spider-Man: Unlimited and Avengers: United They Stand. But let's be honest: they were clearly intended to be connected (except Spider-Man: Unlimited and Silver Surfer, and probably Avengers: United They Stand). They were just on different networks, making it difficult to crossover. Continuity Errors are easy to fix by not following release order.

"Black Vortex Part 4" ends with a time jump

I assume this will tie into what Harrison Wilcox, a producer for Marvel Animation, said about us finding out in Guardians how Thor lost his eye in BPQ.

And I guess the Guardians will become time travelers afterwords?

EDIT: Nope. Saw some leaked stuff that showed that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Marvel's Spider-Man renewed for a 3rd season.

Disney XD has ordered a third season of the Emmy Award-nominated animated series "Marvel's Spider-Man" for a Spring 2020 premiere. The web-slinging series follows Peter Parker, who is learning to navigate life as the teenage superhero Spider-Man.

In the third season, titled "Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom," Spider-Man is pushed to his breaking point when Venom summons an earth-shattering threat from its home planet. The announcement was made today by Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD.

"This is the most epic conflict in the history of Marvel Animation," said Cort Lane, senior vice president, Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment. "We planted the seeds in two seasons of 'Marvel's Spider-Man' and three seasons of 'Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy,' but you don't need to have watched them to be blown away by this colossal confrontation. While a ton of guest heroes will be on hand, Peter Parker's special link to Venom makes him the only hero who can tip the scales to save humanity."

New season two episodes of "Marvel's Spider-Man" will debut in September on Disney XD and DisneyNOW, beginning with a five-part "Superior Spider-Man" story arc. In the new storyline, Doctor Octopus, who has taken over Spider-Man's body, intends to use his new spider powers to further his evil agenda.

Latest posts

Back