Outdated

I feel the same about about a lot of the 2000s movie. I think Raimi Spider-man, Ang Lee Hulk, Cage's Ghost Rider and the 2000s Fantastic Four could fit together quite well

But nah, separate universes I suppose
The problem with going back and changing that after the fact is that a lot of these TV/Film reality numbers are printed in official Marvel Handbooks. So it's technically permanent unless they reprint a volume and change the number, but I don't recall that ever happening...

I feel the same about about a lot of the 2000s movie. I think Raimi Spider-man, Ang Lee Hulk, Cage's Ghost Rider and the 2000s Fantastic Four could fit together quite well

But nah, separate universes I suppose
I feel that there needs to be some small level of connection before considering two things the same universe, personally. Gives it some level of authenticity.

I feel that there needs to be some small level of connection before considering two things the same universe, personally. Gives it some level of authenticity.
Oh I understand that, I just feel all of those movies share a similar aesthetic, but you are right in that there are no narrative links

Some notes on Earth-534834
Iron Man 2x11, "Hulk Buster" takes place before The Incredible Hulk 1x04, "Helping Hand, Iron Fist".

Fantastic Four 2x09, "Nightmare in Green" takes place before The Incredible Hulk 1x08, "Fantastic Fortitude".

Fantastic Four 2x06, "To Battle the Living Planet" probably takes place after The Incredible Hulk 2x08, "Mission: Incredible", because She-Hulk is an Avenger by then and that was never brought up in Hulk. It's definitely after The Incredible Hulk 2x07-2x08 at least, so it's already breaking release order.

The timeline probably vaguely follows something like:
Iron Man
1x01, "And the Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead"
Iron Man 1x02, "Rejoice! I Am Ultimo Thy Deliverer"
Iron Man 1x03, "Data In, Chaos Out"
Iron Man 1x04, "Silence My Companion, My Death Destination"
Iron Man 1x05, "The Grim Reaper Wears a Teflon Coat"
Iron Man 1x06, "Enemy Within, Enemy Without"
Iron Man 1x07, "Origin of the Mandarin"
Iron Man 1x08, "The Defection of Hawkeye"
Iron Man 1x09, "Iron Man to the Second Power: Part 1"
Iron Man 1x10, "Iron Man to the Second Power: Part 2"
Iron Man 1x11, "Origin of Iron Man: Part 1"
Iron Man 1x12, "Origin of Iron Man: Part 2"
Iron Man 1x13, "The Wedding of Iron Man"

Iron Man 2x01, "The Beast Within"
Iron Man 2x02, "Fire and Rain"
Iron Man 2x03, "Cell of Iron"
Iron Man 2x04, "Not Far from the Tree"
Iron Man 2x05, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
Iron Man 2x06, "Iron Man, on the Inside"
Iron Man 2x07, "Distant Boundaries"
Iron Man 2x08, "The Armor Wars, Part 1"
Iron Man 2x09, "The Armor Wars, Part 2"
Iron Man 2x10, "Empowered"
Iron Man 2x11, "Hulk Buster"
Iron Man 2x12, "Hands of the Mandarin, Part 1"
Iron Man 2x13, "Hands of the Mandarin, Part 2"

Fantastic Four 1x01, "The Origin of the Fantastic Four: Part 1"
Fantastic Four 1x02, "The Origin of the Fantastic Four: Part 2"
Fantastic Four 1x03, "Now Comes the Sub-Mariner"
Fantastic Four 1x04, "Incursion of the Skrulls"
Fantastic Four 1x05, "The Silver Surfer and the Coming of Galactus, Part 1"
Fantastic Four 1x06, "The Silver Surfer and the Coming of Galactus, Part 2"
Fantastic Four 1x07, "Super Skrull"
Fantastic Four 1x08, "The Mask of Doom, Part 1"
Fantastic Four 1x09, "The Mask of Doom, Part 2"
Fantastic Four 1x10, "The Mask of Doom, Part 3"
Fantastic Four 1x11, "Mole Man"
Fantastic Four 1x12, "Behold the Negative Zone"
Fantastic Four 1x13, "The Silver Surfer and the Return of Galactus"

The Incredible Hulk 1x01, "Return of the Beast: Part 1"
The Incredible Hulk 1x02, "Return of the Beast, Part 2"
The Incredible Hulk 1x03, "Raw Power"
The Incredible Hulk 1x04, "Helping Hand, Iron Fist"
The Incredible Hulk 1x05, "Innocent Blood"
The Incredible Hulk 1x06, "Man to Man, Beast to Beast"

Fantastic Four
2x01, "And a Blind Man Shall Lead Them"
Fantastic Four 2x02, "Inhumans Saga, Part 1: And the Wind Cries Medusa"
Fantastic Four 2x03, "Inhumans Saga, Part 2: The Inhumans Among Us"
Fantastic Four 2x04, "Inhumans Saga, Part 3: Beware the Hidden Land"
Fantastic Four 2x05, "Worlds Within Worlds"
Fantastic Four 2x07, "Prey of the Black Panther"
Fantastic Four 2x09, "Nightmare in Green"
Fantastic Four 2x10, "Behold, a Distant Star"
Fantastic Four 2x11, "Hopelessly Impossible"

The Incredible Hulk 1x07, "Doomed"
The Incredible Hulk 1x08, "Fantastic Fortitude"
The Incredible Hulk 1x09, "Mortal Bounds"
The Incredible Hulk 1x10, "And the Wind Cries, Wendigo!"
The Incredible Hulk 1x11, "Darkness and Light, Part 1"
The Incredible Hulk 1x12, "Darkness and Light, Part 2"
The Incredible Hulk 1x13, "Darkness and Light, Part 3"
The Incredible Hulk 2x01, "Hulk of a Different Color"
The Incredible Hulk 2x02, "Down Memory Lane"
The Incredible Hulk 2x03, "Mind Over Anti-Matter"
The Incredible Hulk 2x04, "They Call Me Mr. Fixit"
The Incredible Hulk 2x05, "Fashion Warriors"
The Incredible Hulk 2x06, "Hollywood Rocks"
The Incredible Hulk 2x07, "The Lost Village"
The Incredible Hulk 2x08, "Mission: Incredible"

Fantastic Four 2x06, "To Battle the Living Planet"
Fantastic Four 2x08, "When Calls Galactus"
Fantastic Four 2x12, "The Sentry Sinister"
Fantastic Four 2x13, "Doomsday"

Granted, this is just an educated guess.

Last edited:
Both Earth-92131 and Earth-534834 are both generally considered the Marvel Animated Universe from the 1990s. Seems reasonable to include the seperate timelines on the same thread, I suppose.

One more difference between the two is that on Earth-534834, Bill Clinton is president, while on Earth-92131, Robert Kelly became president, replacing an unnamed female president.

Both Earth-92131 and Earth-534834 are both generally considered the Marvel Animated Universe from the 1990s. Seems reasonable to include the seperate timelines on the same thread, I suppose.

One more difference between the two is that on Earth-534834, Bill Clinton is president, while on Earth-92131, Robert Kelly became president, replacing an unnamed female president.

Well, this is gonna be interesting. New comic and new tv series... this is probably not set after X-Men '92 unless it is and it's supposed to explain why the population of the planet isn't mutants and Xavier is alive in X-Men '97. I don't think they planned it out that much, though.

Last edited:
Marvel Appendix places that in a different reality.

This is another '90s shared universe. Because of the character designs and Easter Eggs, it's got to be closely related to Earth-92131. It's not officially connected, though.

I don't know why it's hard to believe that Captain America was freed from the time Vortex off-screen, but it's what Marvel says so...
My theory is that maybe he did eventually escape but at some point in the past, creating a branch. But who knows...

This is why Marvel needs to condense their realities and suggest the Marvel Appendix that chronicles them to do the same.

The Captain America in a time portal thing means separate Earths but Earth-12041 (Ultimate Spider-Man, Agents of SMASH, Avengers Assemble) has FAR worse continuity errors than that.

Are there any continuity issues with Spider-Man: TAS and Spider-Man Unlimited? Because the different Earth number for the latter could just mean just the Counter-Earth number but...I guess not.

Are there any continuity issues with Spider-Man: TAS and Spider-Man Unlimited? Because the different Earth number for the latter could just mean just the Counter-Earth number but...I guess not.
I think there's something with Venom that's different in the two shows. I've not seen either yet so I'm not sure.

So X-Men '92 Vol. 1/"Infinite Comics" is simultaneously canon and non-canon.

Believe it or not, this is something that we've thought about a lot. The short version is that the stuff that we did in "Secret Wars" still happened, just not quite the way that you read it in the miniseries. Cassandra Nova, Clear Mountain, the plot to kill Robert Kelly, that's all stuff that the X-Men just went through right before we pick up on the ongoing. The difference is, of course, that it just happened on their Earth, not on Battleworld. It's a lot like the way that we approached building the miniseries and the idea of the "Westchester Wars," so that we could have X-Men who went through all those classic stories, just compressed into a shorter, five-year time frame. Fortunately, since we were one of the books that didn't tie too closely into the core "Secret Wars" series, it's an easy fix -- you just have to call him "President Kelly" instead of "Baron Kelly" and maybe take away that flying chariot pulled by Warwolves.

I was so confused, not gonna lie. I mean, technically I shouldn't include it because it occurs in Doom's patchwork Battleworld but they reference events from it so I don't know. I think it's fine as it is.

Also, X-Men '92 Vol. 2 #3 uses the correct Earth number, that being Earth-92131. I love to see it.

Last edited:
So X-Men '92 Vol. 1/"Infinite Comics" is simultaneously canon and non-canon.

Believe it or not, this is something that we've thought about a lot. The short version is that the stuff that we did in "Secret Wars" still happened, just not quite the way that you read it in the miniseries. Cassandra Nova, Clear Mountain, the plot to kill Robert Kelly, that's all stuff that the X-Men just went through right before we pick up on the ongoing. The difference is, of course, that it just happened on their Earth, not on Battleworld. It's a lot like the way that we approached building the miniseries and the idea of the "Westchester Wars," so that we could have X-Men who went through all those classic stories, just compressed into a shorter, five-year time frame. Fortunately, since we were one of the books that didn't tie too closely into the core "Secret Wars" series, it's an easy fix -- you just have to call him "President Kelly" instead of "Baron Kelly" and maybe take away that flying chariot pulled by Warwolves.

I was so confused, not gonna lie. I mean, technically I shouldn't include it because it occurs in Doom's patchwork Battleworld but they reference events from it so I don't know. I think it's fine as it is.

Also, X-Men '92 Vol. 2 #3 uses the correct Earth number, that being Earth-92131. I love to see it.
So in layman's terms: The X-Men 92 comics take place in an alternate reality created via Battleworld?

So in layman's terms: The X-Men 92 comics take place in an alternate reality created via Battleworld?
Nah, only the first volume. Similar events from the Battleworld issues take place in the main reality.

X-Men '92 Vol. 1/Infinite Comics = Battleworld
X-Men '92 Vol. 2 = Earth-92131

Events from Battleworld happened but without the Battleworld influences. Instead of Baron Kelly it's President Kelly, for example.

The new show still has to be set prior to X-Men '92.

Last edited:
So the order has to be:

X-Men Season 1-5
X-Men '97 Season 1 (picks up after the series finale)
X-Men '92: House of XCII #1-5
(Alt.) X-Men '92: Infinite Comics #1-8 (Magneto died offscreen)
X-Men '92 #1-10 (Professor X dies, everyone becomes a mutant)

I find it interesting that the newest comic ignores the ending of the original '92 series. No big deal, its just a prequel I guess, same as the new series intentionally or otherwise.

Latest posts

Back