Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Blackout is just Captain Marvel reusing the same actor. There's no way it can be Daniels. For one he would have been in his 20s during Captain Marvel yet looks the same as he does on Agents of SHIELD. Also, I doubt they would intentionally put him in the movie for literally a few seconds without any confirmation of who he is. Captain Marvel also reused an actor who previously played an ATCU agent as a medical examiner during the Skrull autopsy.

Jarvis was due to Feige actually being a producer on Agent Carter along with Markus and McFeely being the showrunners and Joe Russo directing an episode. If any show was going to be referenced by the movies, Agent Carter always made the most sense from an outside perspective.

But sitcoms weren't really huge until I Love Lucy in 51. When they say it's a 50s like comedy, I believe that's because Dick Van Dyke still fit in that era even though it first aired in 1961. I think 1961 makes more sense. Especially when you consider the calendar matching 1961 was probably an intentional reference to Dick Van Dyke premiering that year.
But Marvel has said so. The first episode is in the 50s, 1961 is not in the 50s. Also, I wouldn't bother trying to make it connect to the real world. In the 70s episode it will appear a sign of the Powrful Oz movie from 2013. And no way that movie was around 1970s.

So it is August 23,1950 that shared elements from 1953 and 1961 rather than the real world 1950. It is 1950 due to the calendar and official confirmation it is in the 50s.

Blackout is just Captain Marvel reusing the same actor. There's no way it can be Daniels. For one he would have been in his 20s during Captain Marvel yet looks the same as he does on Agents of SHIELD. Also, I doubt they would intentionally put him in the movie for literally a few seconds without any confirmation of who he is. Captain Marvel also reused an actor who previously played an ATCU agent as a medical examiner during the Skrull autopsy.

Jarvis was due to Feige actually being a producer on Agent Carter along with Markus and McFeely being the showrunners and Joe Russo directing an episode. If any show was going to be referenced by the movies, Agent Carter always made the most sense from an outside perspective.

But sitcoms weren't really huge until I Love Lucy in 51. When they say it's a 50s like comedy, I believe that's because Dick Van Dyke still fit in that era even though it first aired in 1961. I think 1961 makes more sense. Especially when you consider the calendar matching 1961 was probably an intentional reference to Dick Van Dyke premiering that year.
I agree on Blackout, but I always feel the need to note it anyway.

Agent Carter is very much a prequel to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. Dark Force/Zero Matter, the Faustus Method, the Hydra theme from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daniel Sousa in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nitramene in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. using the Agent Carter theme from the One-Shot in S2 in their Peggy Carter flashbacks.

Point is, if Agent Carter is canon, it would be ridiculous if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't. I mean, an entire character is devoted to explaining the Hydra brainwashing in present day.

Agent Carter, just like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., is off the Marvel Cinematic Universe section on Disney+, so it's not like they internally regard it as more. Since we know the former is canon, the later probably is, too.

Kevin Feige has confirmed it's canon itself. When asked about Blade in the MCU, he pointed out how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. used the character, and how, while there were no plans at the time, he has the potential to appear in any of the shows.

WHiH Newsfront referenced Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3.

Essentially, it's all certainly canon, and we can very likely never worry otherwise after Spider-Man: Homecoming 3.

Last edited:
But Marvel has said so. The first episode is in the 50s, 1961 is not in the 50s. Also, I wouldn't bother trying to make it connect to the real world. In the 70s episode it will appear a sign of the Powrful Oz movie from 2013. And no way that movie was around 1970s.

So it is August 23,1950 that shared elements from 1953 and 1961 rather than the real world 1950. It is 1950 due to the calendar and official confirmation it is in the 50s.
TBH, I don't really see a point in trying to specify the sitcom portions anyway. That calendar could also easily just be random and not meant to match any real-world year.

I personally feel it's too early to try to place WandaVision on the timeline; it's not even clear yet if this is all taking place in a separate timeline, or its own pocket dimension, or even all in someone's head; once the season is over hopefully it will become more clear as to where and when this is all happening.

I agree on Blackout, but I always feel the need to note it anyway.

Agent Carter is very much a prequel to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. Dark Force/Zero Matter, the Faustus Method, the Hydra theme from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daniel Sousa in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nitramene in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. using the Agent Carter theme from the One-Shot in S2 in their Peggy Carter flashbacks.

Point is, if Agent Carter is canon, it would be ridiculous if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't. I mean, an entire character is devoted to explaining the Hydra brainwashing in present day.

Agent Carter, just like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., is off the Marvel Cinematic Universe section on Disney+, so it's not like they internally regard it as more. Since we know the former is canon, the later probably is, too.

Kevin Feige has confirmed it's canon itself. When asked about Blade in the MCU, he pointed out how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. used the character, and how, while there were no plans at the time, he has the potential to appear in any of the shows.

WHiH Newsfront referenced Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3.

Essentially, it's all certainly canon, and we can very likely never worry otherwise after Spider-Man: Homecoming 3.
I believe the shows are canon but a show referencing another show isn't proof of that. The events of Agent Carter can be confirmed canon from Feige's viewpoint due to the Jarvis's appearance but that alone doesn't make Agents of SHIELD canon as well, just because they've shared tie-ins. Marvel Television has made numerous references to Marvel Studios, but until it's a two-way street. I don't think references alone are enough proof on canon.

We also don't know exactly how Daredevil is going to be handled in Spider-Man 3 and if Feige will adhere to what Loeb set up for the character. I'm taking a wait and see approach. At most the character will be introduced with no mention of his past. Allowing those who view the shows as canon to continue to do so and those that don't to as well. I sincerely doubt there will be any specific references to what the Netflix version of the character has went through.

Last edited:
I believe the shows are canon but a show referencing another show isn't proof of that. The events of Agent Carter can be confirmed canon from Feige's viewpoint due to the Jarvis's appearance but that alone doesn't make Agents of SHIELD canon as well, just because they've shared tie-ins. Marvel Television has made numerous references to Marvel Studios, but until it's a two-way street. I don't think references alone are enough proof on canon.

We also don't know exactly how Daredevil is going to be handled in Spider-Man 3 and if Feige will adhere to what Loeb set up for the character. I'm taking a wait and see approach. At most the character will be introduced with no mention of his past. Allowing those who view the shows as canon to continue to do so and those that don't to as well. I sincerely doubt there will be any specific references to what the Netflix version of the character has went through.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter reference each other as a two-way street. That's like confirming Cloak & Dagger is canon but saying that Netflix and Runaways aren't. (I say this hypothetically, because it already is confirmed canon)

Well, obviously they won't reference the show. It's set 7 years later, and they don't want to make it essential viewing.

The fact that they bring a character from a tv show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a movie set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe confirms that it's canon. Even more so if Jessica Jones appears in She-Hulk.

To say otherwise is illogical and biased.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter reference each other as a two-way street. That's like confirming Cloak & Dagger is canon but saying that Netflix and Runaways aren't. (I say this hypothetically, because it already is confirmed canon)

Well, obviously they won't reference the show. It's set 7 years later, and they don't want to make it essential viewing.

The fact that they bring a character from a tv show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a movie set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe confirms that it's canon. Even more so if Jessica Jones appears in She-Hulk.

To say otherwise is illogical and biased.
Not really. Just because Feige likes the actors doesn't mean he see the events of the Netflix shows as part of his MCU canon. Like I said I believe the shows are canon but at the same time I'm prepared for stuff from them being contradicted in the future. For now, let's just agree that at this moment they are in fact canon.

Not really. Just because Feige likes the actors doesn't mean he see the events of the Netflix shows as part of his MCU canon. Like I said I believe the shows are canon but at the same time I'm prepared for stuff from them being contradicted in the future. For now, let's just agree that at this moment they are in fact canon.
"They did ask a long time ago and I think our answer was, 'No, we'll do something with 'Blade' at some point.' That's still the answer," Feige says. "We still think he's a great character. He's a really fun character. We think this movie going into a different side of the universe would have the potential to have him pop up, but between the movies, the Netflix shows, the ABC shows there are so many opportunities for the character to pop up as you're now seeing with Ghost Rider on 'AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D.' that rather than team up with another studio on that character let's do something on our own. What that is? Where that will be? We'll see. There is nothing imminent to my knowledge."
Confirmation. Feige also confirmed they're canon literally a day or two ago, as well.

The shows are "Feige" canon.

Why would he change his mind when he can easily just not contradict the events of the shows?

"They did ask a long time ago and I think our answer was, 'No, we'll do something with 'Blade' at some point.' That's still the answer," Feige says. "We still think he's a great character. He's a really fun character. We think this movie going into a different side of the universe would have the potential to have him pop up, but between the movies, the Netflix shows, the ABC shows there are so many opportunities for the character to pop up as you're now seeing with Ghost Rider on 'AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D.' that rather than team up with another studio on that character let's do something on our own. What that is? Where that will be? We'll see. There is nothing imminent to my knowledge."
Confirmation. Feige also confirmed they're canon literally a day or two ago, as well.

Why would he change his mind when he can easily just not contradict the events of the shows?
Like I said I believe the shows are canon but I wouldn't be shocked if Feige does something to contradict them in the future whether it be intentional or not. If something Marvel Television did doesn't fit with his plans, I can easily see him ignoring or contradicting it. Like he's going to be doing with the Inhumans show. Let's just agree where we agree and disagree where we disagree. We'll see what the future holds.

I'll just put this here for documentation:

WandaVision is put under the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" banner on Disney+, while the likes of AoS, Inhumans and Runaways are not.

I'll just put this here for documentation:

WandaVision is put under the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" banner on Disney+, while the likes of AoS, Inhumans and Runaways are not.
Neither is Agent Carter, which we know is canon.

It's because they're not Marvel Studios content, not a message on canonicity. It's the brand, not the universe.

Even then, Disney+ think Iron Man 3 takes place after Thor: The Dark World, so they clearly aren't that reliable.

They'll definitely need to make a change to that when they introduce old tv characters in the new shows. It'll be confusing for a newcomer when they'll want to watch the MCU in it's entirety and the old shows aren't under that banner.

They'll definitely need to make a change to that when they introduce old tv characters in the new shows. It'll be confusing for a newcomer when they'll want to watch the MCU in it's entirety and the old shows aren't under that banner.
They should make a episode by episode order, using this or the wiki timeline.

Maybe allow custom lists that people can search for.

It's a losing battle to assume everything is canon or not, he said, she said, where it is on the D+ page, etc. I've long since given up hoping the shows would ever become 'obviously' canon, because that is what Rman is referring to.

I could give you numerous ways the movies could have referenced the shows without compromising anything specifically inherent to movie plots, but some people will believe they are canon no matter what. In the end, it comes down to what you believe, not what other people say.

I once believed everything was canon because I drank the #itsallconnected koolaide. I don't believe that anymore because of all the missed opportunities and questionable canonicity choices that some shows have been left hanging with or connected to each other with.

Until something in the main story addresses any of the shows, they aren't canon IMO, even Agent Carter which I enjoyed. Sure Jarvis in Endgame connects the two, but you could also not watch Agent Carter and it doesn't change anything about the scene in Endgame, so does his being there really make AC canon?

It's a losing battle to assume everything is canon or not, he said, she said, where it is on the D+ page, etc. I've long since given up hoping the shows would ever become 'obviously' canon, because that is what Rman is referring to.

I could give you numerous ways the movies could have referenced the shows without compromising anything specifically inherent to movie plots, but some people will believe they are canon no matter what. In the end, it comes down to what you believe, not what other people say.

I once believed everything was canon because I drank the #itsallconnected koolaide. I don't believe that anymore because of all the missed opportunities and questionable canonicity choices that some shows have been left hanging with or connected to each other with.

Until something in the main story addresses any of the shows, they aren't canon IMO, even Agent Carter which I enjoyed. Sure Jarvis in Endgame connects the two, but you could also not watch Agent Carter and it doesn't change anything about the scene in Endgame, so does his being there really make AC canon?
You mean whether something is essential viewing? You realise that's not what canon means, right? I could claim that Doctor Who (Classic) isn't canon because, no matter the references, it's not essential viewing to Doctor Who (Modern).

The intent of Edwin Jarvis was for it to be the exact same character, not an alternate character with a similar appearance in a almost identical universe.

Canon is not about belief, it's about facts. The tv shows are official canon, per Feige himself.

Last edited:
I know exactly what canon is, and no it has nothing to do with being essential viewing. Yes they've said all these things are canon, but there are inconsistencies with that don't make all the cogs mesh.

Latest posts

Back