Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Is there some legal stuff that prevents Marvel Studios from reading the MCU wiki, I wonder? Going there would help a lot.
Absolutely not, What If...? showrunner checked the wiki to test her Marvel knowledge. Marvel Television also checked our wiki when it came to dates and other things. So they can, I don't know what Marvel Studios (big execs, and showrunners) do, but at least some have checked it. Also, Jac Schaeffer seems to be kind of oblivious about some stuff, I am sure she didn't know AoS was MCU or something.

Absolutely not, What If...? showrunner checked the wiki to test her Marvel knowledge. Marvel Television also checked our wiki when it came to dates and other things. So they can, I don't know what Marvel Studios (big execs, and showrunners) do, but at least some have checked it. Also, Jac Schaeffer seems to be kind of oblivious about some stuff, I am sure she didn't know AoS was MCU or something.
So it's all on Schaeffer's limited research, or for the most part. Okay.

That doesn't annoy me, what annoys me is that they didn't tell them about the book. They just ignored it, and let them do their own thing.

The redesign doesn't bother me, that they act as if never happened is what annoys me.

At this point I think it's going to take someone with real affection for the Marvel Television era stuff to get involved creatively in the making of the Studios films/shows for there to be any further significant connective tissue between the two.

It reminds me a little bit of how the original Marvel comic run was perceived in the early days of the Star Wars EU--at first it was ignored or pointedly dismissed, even though it had run for over a hundred issues and helped save Marvel financially. It was dismissed at first partially because it was thought that Lucasfilm didn't have as much creative control over the stories. Eventually, though, enough writers that had grown up collecting the issues started working enough of the old material in that it became a heavily influential part of the EU.

I'm sure one day someone who say, followed Agents of SHIELD or Luke Cage as a fan will get to make a movie or TV show, and then we'll finally start to see the two eras reconciled. But that may take awhile. :confused:

I'll be over the moon if that happens, but it's just a rumor right now. Trying not to get my hopes up.

I mean, it's a rumour by someone with 90% credibility, who got Evan Peters casting right for example, supported by a casting call for a Courtroom scene and Charlie Cox shaving (which isn't evidence on it's own, obviously).

I'm certain it will happen. I'm also pretty sure it won't reference the tv show because it occurs 7 years later, so logistically it's unnecessary, especially in a story centred around Peter Parker. However, I have no doubt that Charlie Cox is playing the Netflix Daredevil.

It's a fun promotional ad. Far from canon. I don't think Noobmaster69's identity is too important anyway, so if you want to believe this go ahead I guess.

So Shield and Runaways = Canon!!
This Darkhold same Darkhold.
All she says is that they didn't consider previous designs when they created their Darkhold , she has very little knowledge of the book's history on the Marvel Television shows, and that she IMAGINES it's the same book. I believe the shows are canon (for now) but this isn't really anything new when it comes to Marvel Studios acknowledging Marvel Television. If anything this makes it seem like they're starting completely fresh with the Darkhold, creating their own mythology for it.

Btw, the one talking about being the same book is the director Matt Shakman, who is a he.

Jac Schaeffer is the one less polite about it, because I genuinely think she doesn't know there were other shows before hers.

Btw, the one talking about being the same book is the director Matt Shakman, who is a he.

Jac Schaeffer is the one less polite about it, because I genuinely think she doesn't know there were other shows before hers.
I saw Schaeffer''s name in the interview and assumed it was all her. She does seem pretty clueless on Marvel stuff unrelated to the projects she's working on.

I agree, Matt at least when he heard the Darkhold had been used (and apparently saw something about AoS, hence the "wasn't regular viewer") he said he would imagine they are the same book, which is kind of helpful rather than receiving a full answer.

And yes, I can't believe the Mephisto hints were just coincidence...

I agree, Matt at least when he heard the Darkhold had been used (and apparently saw something about AoS, hence the "wasn't regular viewer") he said he would imagine they are the same book, which is kind of helpful rather than receiving a full answer.

And yes, I can't believe the Mephisto hints were just coincidence...
In a way, it makes it pretty funny though. I think in Schaeffer's mind, the Devil, demon, Hell, etc. references were meant to foreshadow Agatha being a witch, therefore involved with that stuff. Even if it wasn't specifically Mephisto.

In a way, it makes it pretty funny though. I think in Schaeffer's mind, the Devil, demon, Hell, etc. references were meant to foreshadow Agatha being a witch, therefore involved with that stuff. Even if it wasn't specifically Mephisto.
Interesting approach. Could be.

It's a fun promotional ad. Far from canon. I don't think Noobmaster69's identity is too important anyway, so if you want to believe this go ahead I guess.
Noobmaster is on PlayStation, not Xbox.

It's possible he's on both, though.

So as far as "the bomb went off while we were eating dinner" said by Pietro in Age of Ultron, that could very well be true. In WandaVision, they are watching Dick Van Dyke when the bomb goes off. However, we the audience don't see the full episode of DVD (haha), just a few minutes. The full episode is on YouTube, by the way. Anyway, we can presume that the twins mother went to the kitchen and brought over some food for everyone at some point off screen. I made a little mashup of that scene from WandaVision episode 8, the same scene from Avengers: Age of Ultron and some parts of the full episode 21 of season 2 of Dick Van Dyke: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p9VxnZ-C0amdrZ0Trf7fC3GNFyWvHOcl/view?usp=drivesdk

Latest posts

Back