Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Also...adding onto that:
Are we sure Uncle Ben IS dead on Earth-199999?
They kept it vague enough, but I think Tobey McGuire, Peter of the Raimiverse, will essentially be brought in as Uncle Ben who HASN'T died yet in this timeline.
And it's treated like a joke. At first.
"I-I t-thought my uncle was dead?" - Peter
"He cheated on me with a younger red head. He practically was to me." - May Parker

And Tobey Ben is pretty much the one to give Peter the "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" speech that HIS Ben taught him in his original timeline. And Tobey has his heroic sacrifice by the end, ultimately dying like Uncle Ben traditionally does.
Full circle.
I can say that's not the case. Morbius was supposed to release before Spider-Man: No Way Home, for one. The characters were all transported to the MCU from the location they were taken from (Venom from the apartment, Doctor Octopus from the river). Though, evidently different times. Accidental time travel, heh.

The villains actually remember their deaths and Doctor Strange puts them in a magical prison. You can see Lizard in this prison in the trailer. They don't want to go back because they don't want to die. So, they're not retroactively native to Earth-199999.

Pretty sure that Sony's Spider-Man Universe is simply a variation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Adrian Toomes is a variant, Peter Parker went on the run for murder. Oscorp is a different building with the same logo. Sony took that "Tobey Maguire" picture from the PS4 game, so they were probably just being lazy.

The Daily Bugle matches the Raimiverse, yes, but also Venom: Let There Be Carnage. I theorise they'll introduce a new Spider-Man for their universe, likely reusing Tom Holland. I guess they want to, or changed their plans to, establish that they are not in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I suppose they wanted a proper MCU crossover with the primary Spider-Man first.

Just my own speculation.

This is an interesting tidbit about Morbius' interpretation of Vulture.
When Keaton shot Morbius, a Marvel movie due from Sony in 2022 for which he reprises the Vulture role, the filmmakers started talking him through the logic of the fictional universe, referencing recent Marvel plot points. "I'm nodding like I know what the fuck they're talking about. I go, 'Uh-huh.' And I'm thinking, 'You may as well be explaining quantum physics right now to me. All I know is I just know my guy. And I know the basics.' So finally, they were looking at me, and they just started laughing. They said, 'You don't know what we're talking about, do you?' I said, 'No, I don't, no idea what you're talking about.' "

Recent plot points is the multiverse. Perhaps they were trying to explain that he isn't the same Vulture. Might be a stretch.

Last edited:
Just got out of Eternals.
The movie is clearly set shortly after Endgame. There isn't anything specific, but the global earthquake is theorized to be caused by the blip, and of course, there's Ajak's line about the snap being 5 years ago. If we go by the jack o lantern at Phastos's home, I'd place the main portion of the movie in late October 2023, I think if necessary, some leeway can be given for early November if we consider the jack o lantern just hadn't been discarded yet. Between Eternals and WandaVision, it's crazy how fast people returned to normalcy after the blip. All the flashbacks having exact years makes it pretty easy to place those scenes on the timeline.

Just got out of Eternals.
The movie is clearly set shortly after Endgame. There isn't anything specific, but the global earthquake is theorized to be caused by the blip, and of course, there's Ajak's line about the snap being 5 years ago. If we go by the jack o lantern at Phastos's home, I'd place the main portion of the movie in late October 2023, I think if necessary, some leeway can be given for early November if we consider the jack o lantern just hadn't been discarded yet. Between Eternals and WandaVision, it's crazy how fast people returned to normalcy after the blip. All the flashbacks having exact years makes it pretty easy to place those scenes on the timeline.
Yeah I agree.
With Ajak saying it's been 5 years since half of life vanished meaning it's likely set before Spring 2024 as then it'd be 6 years especially since it's clearly set in the fall supported by what you said with the pumpkins as well as changing leaf colors and cold weather wear people are wearing. Since Endgame was set around October it's likely the film is also set late October to early November placing it right before WandaVision.

Yeah I agree.
With Ajak saying it's been 5 years since half of life vanished meaning it's likely set before Spring 2024 as then it'd be 6 years especially since it's clearly set in the fall supported by what you said with the pumpkins as well as changing leaf colors and cold weather wear people are wearing. Since Endgame was set around October it's likely the film is also set late October to early November placing it right before WandaVision.
Yeah, the weather is clearly Fall making it pretty easy to place as October or November. If it weren't for the jack o lantern, I would lean more towards November just to give a little more time for there to be some adjustment to the blip. As it seems like society returned to normal pretty quickly.

Yeah, the weather is clearly Fall making it pretty easy to place as October or November. If it weren't for the jack o lantern, I would lean more towards November just to give a little more time for there to be some adjustment to the blip. As it seems like society returned to normal pretty quickly.
Yeah how society moves on from the blip so quickly has been weird in all the Post-Endgame installments in Phase 4.

Yeah how society moves on from the blip so quickly has been weird in all the Post-Endgame installments in Phase 4.
I get stuff like Far From Home and The Falcon & The Winter Soldier being months after, even WandaVision at a few weeks is a stretch, but ok. Eternals seems to be merely days. I wouldn't have mind something like Phastos having lost his son in the snap and the impact it had on him and his husband.

I get stuff like Far From Home and The Falcon & The Winter Soldier being months after, even WandaVision at a few weeks is a stretch, but ok. Eternals seems to be merely days. I wouldn't have mind something like Phastos having lost his son in the snap and the impact it had on him and his husband.
Yeah that would've been a really nice touch for sure. I'm thinking Hawkeye will be our best bet now to see how the Snap affected families and the people left behind.

So with the release of Eternals, I might finally be able to let go of Titan Consumed.
While the movie does not contradict the novel in any way, the appearance of
Eros
might be a sign the novel is non-canon, since the novel hasn't mentioned his existence, which seems weird. Then again, Infinity War made it seem like
everyone on Titan died, which now doesn't seem to be the case.

So with the release of Eternals, I might finally be able to let go of Titan Consumed.
Eros
might be a sign the novel is non-canon, since the novel hasn't mentioned his existence, which seems weird. Then again, Infinity War made it seem like
Yeah I've been holding on to Titan Consumed for a while too even tho I knew it would eventually be contradicted. Tho I may still consider the base plot of the novel my own Headcanon even if certain details are altered.

I still find it hilarious that other than Black Widow, every single Phase 4 movie/show takes place between Endgame and Far From Home. So many people kept on the whole 'FFH IS INFINITY SAGA' and it keeps getting pushed out further and further from the actual Saga. People kept saying it's an epilogue to Endgame, and that is becoming less and less true with each new chapter.

I still find it hilarious that other than Black Widow, every single Phase 4 movie/show takes place between Endgame and Far From Home. So many people kept on the whole 'FFH IS INFINITY SAGA' and it keeps getting pushed out further and further from the actual Saga. People kept saying it's an epilogue to Endgame, and that is becoming less and less true with each new chapter.
Right! I remember I mentioned once how the Infinity Saga ended with Endgame and everyone pulled the "it's an epilogue" shit like you kidding me? Nothing bout Far From Home ends the Infinity Saga, everything about it is a continuation of Spider-Man's story and his first chapter in the new MCU Era. This is also the reason I'm going to watch the MCU in chronological order over release order now.

Right! I remember I mentioned once how the Infinity Saga ended with Endgame and everyone pulled the "it's an epilogue" shit like you kidding me? Nothing bout Far From Home ends the Infinity Saga, everything about it is a continuation of Spider-Man's story and his first chapter in the new MCU Era. This is also the reason I'm going to watch the MCU in chronological order over release order now.
While I agree from a practical sense, officially Spider-Man: Far From Home is in Phase 3.

While I agree from a practical sense, officially Spider-Man: Far From Home is in Phase 3.
Yeah I know and I do get how that works but considering it was supposed to be the first film of Phase 4 and was moved to Phase 3 in April 2019 I think that placement is more about when it was released than being part of the Infinity Saga, similar to when Ant-Man was moved from Phase 3 to 2.

Last edited:
Eros
Damn, thats sad to hear. Titan Consumed was the best of the tie-in novels by a long shot

I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that BLADE appears in the 2nd post credits scene. I don't know anything about King Arthur or Black Knight or Blade outside of the non-Marvel King Arthur stuff and the Wesley Snipes Blade movies, but I hear they have some sort of connection. I also wonder if Blade will appear in Morbius? Now that No Way Home will almost 100% surely link the Sony and MCU universes, as seen in Venom 2. Any thoughts? Also how does Ego tie into this movie's characters?

Last edited:
So no one on Earth is gonna acknowledge the big honking chunk of Tiamut sticking out of some far away island? That thing is at the least the size of Honolulu.

Latest posts

Back