Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Unrelated, but is there a timeline on here about the Hulu cartoons? Just started watching Hit Monkey today.

Unrelated, but is there a timeline on here about the Hulu cartoons? Just started watching Hit Monkey today.
I'd also like to see Rocky, Indiana Jones, Bourne, 007, Jurassic, Samurai Jack, Middle Earth, MonsterVerse, Pirates Of The Caribbean and Mission Impossible. Any takers on any of these?

I'd also like to see Rocky, Indiana Jones, Bourne, 007, Jurassic, Samurai Jack, Middle Earth, MonsterVerse, Pirates Of The Caribbean and Mission Impossible. Any takers on any of these?
I was going to say, I think the movies you mentioned are pretty straight forward, right? Like no scenes that jump around here and there, besides the Indy 3 flashback? But then I forgot about the Indy TV show.

There are only two Hulu Cartoons, Hit Monkey and Modok. While originally it was planned that there would be several cartoons that would cross over in "The Offenders" all those plans got cancelled. As a result Hit Monkey and MODOK are pretty stand-alone shows

Not sure how I never noticed that. Remodeled and destroyed in the same movie.
So that would mean Hawkeye happens DURING NWH then, correct?
The majority of the movie is before Hawkeye, around October/November 2024. There's an epilogue around Christmas 2024, which means the movie ends around the same time as Hawkeye.

Finally watched episode 5 of Hawkeye.
I don't think Elenor hired Yelena, nor Kingpin. I think that text to Kate was meant to get Kate to draw Clint out for her. I think she's lying to Kate because how would she even know that Elenor or Kingpin 'specifically' would be the client? I could be very wrong though so I admit that in advance.

The majority of the movie is before Hawkeye, around October/November 2024. There's an epilogue around Christmas 2024, which means the movie ends around the same time as Hawkeye.
Here's my reasoning. The Venom 2 mid-credit's scene takes place right after Strange first casts the spell to make people forget Peter is Spider-Man. So is that August, September, Octobor timeframe? Then, the No Way Home scene featuring Eddie sitting at the bar is a time jump to when Strange undoes the spell and sends everyone back to their universes. So November or December timeframe. So the line about Venom and Eddie just getting there can be chalked up as an exaggeration.

Here's my reasoning. The Venom 2 mid-credit's scene takes place right after Strange first casts the spell to make people forget Peter is Spider-Man. So is that August, September, Octobor timeframe? Then, the No Way Home scene featuring Eddie sitting at the bar is a time jump to when Strange undoes the spell and sends everyone back to their universes. So November or December timeframe. So the line about Venom and Eddie just getting there can be chalked up as an exaggeration.
I haven't seen the movie yet (my showing is in an hour), but from Peter getting the idea to visit Strange after seeing a Halloween decoration, I assume the spell is cast around October 2024. All the stuff with the multiverse villains and the climax is probably still around this time, meaning Eddie and Venom getting sent back to their universe isn't too long after they arrive. I would say a week or two depending on how much time passes from Strange casting the spell to undoing it. Someone who's already seen the movie could probably answer that.

Call me crazy, but I just feel like watching episode 6 of Hawkeye, THEN I will go see Spidey. "Helps" that I moved to small town Alabama where the closest theater is an hour away....

EDIT: Decided to watch the movie yesterday because I forgot next weekend was Christmas and it would be hard to go to the movies then.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I just feel like watching episode 6 of Hawkeye, THEN I will go see Spidey. "Helps" that I moved to small town Alabama where the closest theater is an hour away....
I'm so behind on MCU content, that I'll just be starting from the beginning and watching the entire saga. It'll be months until I see NWH.

At the end of the movie, we see Peter around Christmas, swinging across Rockefeller Center. Which is also where the Hawkeye finale will be taking place. I'm not saying anything is going to happen but it's still a nice coincidence.

So were Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro revived from the dead while Sandman and Lizard were plucked from their reality in present day?

Because plucking characters from specific events in the past in another universe is too convoluted for me to accept. The first three would have to have been taken from Hell to Earth-199999 while Lizard and Sandman are from their realities albeit in 2024.

There's a line where MJ's boss tells her to take down the Halloween decorations, so it could be implied that either he hates decorations or it's early November at that point.

So were Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro revived from the dead while Sandman and Lizard were plucked from their reality in present day?

Because plucking characters from specific events in the past in another universe is too convoluted for me to accept. The first three would have to have been taken from Hell to Earth-199999 while Lizard and Sandman are from their realities albeit in 2024.
Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro were transported before their deaths. Lizard was transported before he was turned back into the Lizard, I assume. Sandman seems like he was taken from present day, (in their universe) as were Peter two and Peter three (and Venom)

Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro were transported before their deaths. Lizard was transported before he was turned back into the Lizard, I assume. Sandman seems like he was taken from present day, (in their universe) as were Peter two and Peter three (and Venom)
That makes no damn sense. Unbelievably convoluted, selective time-and-space wise and forced fanservice...

That makes no damn sense. Unbelievably convoluted and forced.
True, there's a few plot holes with the villains in this movie, like
Electro and Venom being transported to the MCU. Both of these characters do not know Peter Parker is Spider-Man, which was a prequisite to being transported. Electro even says he thought Spider-Man would be black.

Up until this point Marvel Studios has only handled Disney owned films and recently with Disney+ the shows as well. It's Marvel show and it's Marvel Studios not MCU Studios.
Well, it's still pretty much synonymous with MCU. I think they should come up with a new label for stuff that doesn't "connect". Or maybe a new label for the stuff that does. Same opening logo, but then after "Marvel Studios" freezes, add "Marvel Cinematic Universe" or "Marvel Cinematic Universe: What If..." Just a thought, so as to not confuse Joe Public.

That makes no damn sense. Unbelievably convoluted, selective time-and-space wise and forced fanservice...
Well, obviously their bodies are still there. I think your Hell theory makes more sense, because how could there be a body if they were transported before their death?

I don't like the idea that Sandman and Lizard died. Makes more sense that they were taken just like Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Venom.

The common interpretation is that when they were sent back, the villains are now in present day of their timelines, alive. I kinda prefer that they just created a divergent timeline specifically for each of them - Norman and Ock aren't gonna have a happy ending otherwise as they're still wanted.

Last edited:
True, there's a few plot holes with the villains in this movie, like
Electro and Venom being transported to the MCU. Both of these characters do not know Peter Parker is Spider-Man, which was a prequisite to being transported. Electro even says he thought Spider-Man would be black.
I never heard that was required, to be honest.

Latest posts

Back