Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

What is with the total obsession with canonicity? It's one of the most "toxic" parts of any fandom these days and I just don't understand everyone's obsession. People literally get angry about it. What's the goal? What are people trying to prove when they claim "this or that is or isn't canon!". I just don't get it.
I think people just want the validation that they're right. I personally don't care whether Marvel Television is considered canon or not. If it is, great. If it isn't, I'm perfectly fine with that too. It doesn't change the quality of the shows (both the good and awful ones). Both sides have evidence and I personally don't think it's right for either or to say 100% they're still canon. Like I said, until anything concrete is said, no one is going to change their minds and there's no point in arguing about it.

There were some things about Marvel Studios Kingpin that rubbed me the wrong way, and nowhere did I feel like he was exactly the same character. If Marvel Studios was trying to imply he was, then I don't think they executed it well. Matt Murdock felt more like the Netflix version of his character in a minute of screentime than Fisk did throughout the Hawkeye finale.

Last edited:
What is with the total obsession with canonicity? It's one of the most "toxic" parts of any fandom these days and I just don't understand everyone's obsession. People literally get angry about it. What's the goal? What are people trying to prove when they claim "this or that is or isn't canon!". I just don't get it.
I don't know. I feel like the ending of the Dark Knight says it best. "Sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." I see that from both sides, those that want the MCU to remain with Feige, and those who stuck with the shows and saw all of them to their conclusion. Imagine being in the latter and Feige came out and said 'the pre D+ shows aren't canon.' How would you feel? Then imagine the opposite. How would they feel? It's a situation that has no answer and so we will never get a definitive yeah or nay from Feige on it. They will simply leave us with vague references to keep the fans on one side or the other so no one is truly ever upset.

I think I'll try to make "Marvel Studios" fanedits of Daredevil S1-3 and Agent Carter S1-2 and One-Shot as one 2-3 hr movie each, with nothing that can be contradicted. That should be fun.

D'Onofrio confirmed today it is the same Fisk, same canon, so Agent Carter and Daredevil's canon status have been reaffirmed now.
I mean sure, kinda?
D'Onofrio: "So it's connected, for sure. In my mind, for sure."

I mean sure, kinda?
D'Onofrio: "So it's connected, for sure. In my mind, for sure."
Nope. Not kinda. He has made 10+ interviews when you put them together he says Marvel Studios is trying to keep Daredevil canon and that they all agreed he was the same character from the show and a continuation and they tried to connect as many dots as they could to the original show but some stuff as his new strength cannot be connected as there is no logical explanation. It is very clear. Daredevil is canon.

Let's just put it this way. So far, Daredevil and Agent Carter are the only "required viewing" canon pre-Marvel Studios shows, due to three characters showing up in Marvel Studios projects.

Let's just put it this way. So far, Daredevil and Agent Carter are the only "required viewing" canon pre-Marvel Studios shows, due to three characters showing up in Marvel Studios projects.
Three? I only count
Matt Murdock on NWH
Wilson Fisk on Hawkeye

In my headcanon, Netflix/Hulu/Freeform shows are canon and ABC is not, but it's nothing official
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter and Inhumans? That's... odd, but fine as a headcanon I guess.

However, as a passionate supporter of official canon:
Mike Colter's Luke Cage was seen in a newspaper in Cloak & Dagger. A prominent conversation happened regarding him. Misty Knight referenced O'Reilly in New Orleans from Cloak & Dagger. Cloak & Dagger had O'Reilly reference her friend, Misty Knight from New York.

Cloak & Dagger has a direct crossover with Runaways. Runaways uses the same Darkhold design from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Dark Dimension connects 4 different MCU shows.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans are connected, obviously. Agent Carter is a direct prequel to elements of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., including the Dark Dimension, the Fastus Method of Mind Control (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. HYDRA theme even plays in the show) and Daniel Sousa's appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S7.

Edwin Jarvis from Agent Carter appeared in Avengers: Endgame. WHiH Newsfront references Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3.

I kinda think it's redundant to say any show isn't canon. They set themselves in the same universe, and so they themselves don't fit outside of it really.

I see that from both sides, those that want the MCU to remain with Feige, and those who stuck with the shows and saw all of them to their conclusion. Imagine being in the latter and Feige came out and said 'the pre D+ shows aren't canon.' How would you feel? Then imagine the opposite. How would they feel?
Why would someone be mad at having more canon content that they can totally skip?

Both sides have evidence and I personally don't think it's right for either or to say 100% they're still canon.
There is no evidence the shows aren't canon, actually. There's misquoting Feige and James Gunn who is totally wrong and thinks Agent Carter isn't canon. He's even more wrong now, because everyone should be in agreement that Netflix is canon, which would enforce the fact that every show is canon as a result of two-way references.

You know what I feel like they should do with The Mutants movie? Make it a sequel to The Eternals. Have it be a history lesson rather than a modern day remake of X-Men.
Expanding on history of the X-Gene, the first mutant, the lineage, and create a story around that; maybe with Apocalypse as the main figure or antagonist.

I have doubts Feige would make the X-Men team on Earth-199999 named "The Mutants". But I guess we'll see.
legion-farouk.gif

I'd forgotten about the Luke Cage/Cloak and Dagger Misty/O'Reilly cross references. Those were good times.
Yes, i hope Marvel Studios soon make canon most of Marvel TV Shows, personally i think that Inhumans and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should get rebooted, Ms. Marvel should be a kind of reboot to Inhumans and an Agents of S.W.O.R.D. TV show on Disney+ wouldn't be bad

If this is true, MoM will add Fox X-Men, Fantastic Four (the old one) and Deadpool movies to multiverse. Expected, but still nice.

If this is true, MoM will add Fox X-Men, Fantastic Four (the old one) and Deadpool movies to multiverse. Expected, but still nice.
Not necessarily. Could be alternate versions in the Captain Carter universe.

On principle they should be the same, though.

Maybe:
Earth-10005 - Original Timeline (X-Men 1-5, Wolverine 1-2, Captain Carter)
Earth-41633 - Revised Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Deadpool 1-2, Captain Carter)
Earth-17315 - Venessa Lives Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Deadpool 1-2, Wolverine 3, The New Mutants, Captain Carter)
Earth-121698 - Peter Lives Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Captain Carter)

Note:
Earth-10005 = original X-Men number
Earth-41633 = Deadpool 2 number
Earth-17315 = Logan number
Earth-121698 = Fantastic Four number.

What a mess the Illuminati Timeline would be in that case. It'd be easier for Marvel to just retcon the Earth numbers like they did for Earth-534834 (90s Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four cartoons), but I'm not a fan of that either.

Fox Deadpool would have to exist somewhere. I would assume he would be with Venessa on Earth-17315? So I guess the Illuminati stuff would be Earth-41633?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back