Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Personally, while watching the movie I took Earth 843 as being an entirely distinct universe with variations of previously established characters. The everyday world of Earth-843 had some distinct cultural differences, with the USA feeling like a foreign country in some ways (reversed traffic lights, Pizza balls).
quick google indicates that traffic lights were invented in 1868, this indicates that 843's divergent point may be far earlier than any preexisting timeline
Thank god for that, honestly.
I've seen people say that it's the same universe as X-Men '92, Inhumans and What If...? at different times. I obviously know that it's not the same universe as X-Men '92 and Inhumans for obvious reasons but I am happy to know that it can't be the Captain Carter reality. Peggy doesn't deserve that. :p

Speaking of, Marvel just updated with the What If...? Earth numbers.

Earth-21818 - What If... T'Challa Became a Star-Lord?
Earth-29929 - What If... Ultron Won?
Earth-32938 - What If... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?
Earth-51825 - What If... The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes?
Earth-72124 - What If... Thor Were an Only Child?
Earth-82111 - What If... Captain Carter Were The First Avenger? Earth-843 in MCM (hopefully not)?
Earth-89521 - What If... Zombies!?
Earth-91233 - What If.. Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?

As you can see, they still consider it part of the Marvel Multiverse.
They give us What If...? and yet we are still waiting for Fant4stic, SSU, Marvel Television's divergent timelines from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Runaways, Legion and the Into the Spider-Verse worlds to get Earth numbers. :confused:

Also, makes me want to produce a list of all MCU multiverse divergences.

Last edited:
Thank god for that, honestly.
I've seen people say that it's the same universe as X-Men '92, Inhumans and What If...? at different times. I obviously know that it's not the same universe as X-Men '92 and Inhumans for obvious reasons but I am happy to know that it can't be the Captain Carter reality. Peggy doesn't deserve that. :p
Having just returned from my showing, I have to say I'm inclined to say this Xavier is the same Xavier from the upcoming animated series. The credits showed the X-men '97 theme was used during his appearance.

Having just returned from my showing, I have to say I'm inclined to say this Xavier is the same Xavier from the upcoming animated series. The credits showed the X-men '97 theme was used during his appearance.
I'm aware. However, I've explained my thoughts on this already.
Captain America and the Fantastic Four exist in Earth-92131 (X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons), so it's not the same reality. It is a reference to that version, though. The true version of the X-Men animated Xavier had an official death already in the X-Men '92 comics, so unless he universe hopped and this is during X-Men '92: House of XCII and the X-Men resurrected him, it can't be the same version. Technically it could be the X-Men movie Xavier though the multiple timelines in Deadpool 2 but that's really convoluted to explain so let's just say he's a new version.

As for Captain Carter, it definitely could be her reality... but I mean, come on. That's horrifying. I don't mind it, but I don't want it at the same time. That would mean future What If...? Episodes are prequels to her gruesome death. Sounds pretty dark.

Also, Inhumans canon. Anson Mount plays an alternate "divergent" timeline version of MCU Black Bolt. This also implies that John Krasinski is MCU Reed (which, please be the case) and... Patrick Stewart is MCU Xavier? Maybe he was born earlier in this specific timeline here or he found a way to maintain youth, because I doubt they'll get Patrick Stewart when the MCU X-Men movies are definitely going to play out over several decades. I would love to see more Patrick Stewart variants, of course.
I will add, though:
Having seen his leaked death scene, I suppose it's possible that he got his neck snapped mentally and was just knocked out in the real world? I doubt it seeing how he did move his head to the side but if that were the case, then he must have universe hopped to the Illuminati reality for whatever reason.
(It's the X-Men '92 theme - '97 is when it ended)
But really though, I just think Xavier is a new version acting as a reference to the classic series.

I'm aware. However, I've explained my thoughts on this already.

I will add, though:
Having seen his leaked death scene, I suppose it's possible that he got his neck snapped mentally and was just knocked out in the real world? I doubt it seeing how he did move his head to the side but if that were the case, then he must have universe hopped to the Illuminati reality for whatever reason.
(It's the X-Men '92 theme - '97 is when it ended)

But really though, I just think Xavier is a new version acting as a reference to the classic series.
No, it's the X-men '97 theme, as in, the theme from the upcoming animated show.
Also, the X-men 92 comics are not canon to the show, so it's still possible this Xavier is from that universe, although I'll agree that having Captain America exist in that universe muddies things./SPOILER]

No, it's the X-men '97 theme, as in, the theme from the upcoming animated show.
Also, the X-men 92 comics are not canon to the show, so it's still possible this Xavier is from that universe, although I'll agree that having Captain America exist in that universe muddies things./SPOILER]
X-Men (1992-1997) and Spider-Man (1994-1997) are set in Earth-92131 per the Marvel Multiverse Appendix. The X-Men '92 comic book literally names the universe the events are set in as Earth-92131, solidifying it as set in the primary X-Men animated canon. This comic crosses over with both Secret Wars 2015 and Marvel 2099, so it's definitely canon. Only the first Volume is non-canon because they are set in Battleworld. Volume 2 is set in the actual '92 universe, with similar events from the Battleworld issues having taken place. The new X-Men '97 show is a sequel to X-Men (1992-1997) and picks up after S5. X-Men '92 comics are set after Xavier recovers from his injury from that season, so logically X-Men '97 is set way before that comic. X-Men '97 uses the same theme from X-Men '92, so that's not really surprising. Most likely using the theme to create excitement in his introduction rather than to officially state it's the same version.

If you were told it wasn't canon they were probably referring to the Battleworld issues, which are technically not the same version even though similar events happened. That, or they were talking about X-Men Adventures and Spider-Man Adventures, which started as adaptations of those shows before contradicting them and going in a completely different direction. They are set in the previous incarnation of the Marvel Multiverse's Earth-616 and show the birth of Galactus, from my understanding. Film Theory either lied or had no idea what he was talking about when he made that video.

If it's the same Xavier from X-Men '97, X-Men '97 would have to be an alternate reality to X-Men (1992-1997). I suppose that's possible, with similar events occurring in both making it plausible, but that defeats the whole purpose of a sequel series. Plus, Xavier would have to have universe hopped because his reality is radically different to the MCU that it's hardly comparable.

Last edited:
X-Men (1992-1997) and Spider-Man (1994-1997) are set in Earth-92131 per the Marvel Multiverse Appendix. The X-Men '92 comic book literally names the universe the events are set in as Earth-92131, solidifying it as set in the primary X-Men animated canon. This comic crosses over with both Secret Wars 2015 and Marvel 2099, so it's definitely canon. Only the first Volume is non-canon because they are set in Battleworld. Volume 2 is set in the actual '92 universe, with similar events from the Battleworld issues having taken place. The new X-Men '97 show is a sequel to X-Men (1992-1997) and picks up after S5. X-Men '92 comics are set after Xavier recovers from his injury from that season, so logically X-Men '97 is set way before that comic. X-Men '97 uses the same theme from X-Men '92, so that's not really surprising. Most likely using the theme to create excitement in his introduction rather than to officially state it's the same version.

If you were told it wasn't canon they were probably referring to the Battleworld issues, which are technically not the same version even though similar events happened.

If it's the same Xavier from X-Men '97, X-Men '97 would have to be an alternate reality to X-Men (1992-1997). I suppose that's possible, with similar events occurring in both making it plausible, but that defeats the whole purpose of a sequel series. Plus, Xavier would have to have universe hopped because his reality is radically different to the MCU that it's hardly comparable.
For anyone doubting this:
Screenshot_20220504-232815_Chrome.jpg
057_0002.jpg
It wouldn't be the comics that are non-canon. It would be X-Men '97... kinda - it would be an alternate timeline of the series where things played out the same. But that isn't the case because both X-Men '97 and X-Men '92 are set in Earth-92131 as far as we know.

The more I think about it the more likely that Earth 843 is just a new universe that Marvel made up so that they can grab characters that we are familiar with but ultimately don't connect with any previous show or film series so as to make it easier for the casual viewer to wrap their head around it because they are just written off as variants (So yeah X-Men 97 COULD potentially tie back into Dr Strange 2 but it's a 50/50 guess because it's supposed to be continuing on from the original xmen cartoon, which definitely isn't cannon to this Multiverse) and Captain Carter is very likely/ confirmed to be a variant of her what if counterpart

Appendix Timeline details:
Diverged from reality-199999 when the Ravagers abducted Wakandan prince T�Challa instead of Peter Quill. Raised by Yondu Udonta, T�Challa became known as Star-Lord and influenced the Ravagers to be a force for good, with Nebula, Korath and Thanos joining their ranks. After stealing the Embers of Genesis from the Collector, T�Challa decided to return home and reunited with his family. He and the Ravagers stopped Ego�s plan from launching an expansion of himself across the universe. Star-Lord was subsequently recruited into the Guardians of the Multiverse to defeat Ultron-29929. What If...? episode �What If... T'Challa Became a Star-Lord?� (2021)

Diverged from reality-199999 in 2014. Ultron uploaded himself into a Mind Stone-powered Vibranium body and eradicated humanity, then killed Thanos who had the other Infinity Stones. Using all six Stones, Ultron eradicated all life in his universe except for Black Widow. Ultron became aware of the Watcher observing his reality and broke free from his universe, pursuing and battling the Watcher across realities. The Watcher assembled the Guardians of the Multiverse to battle Ultron, who were joined by this reality�s Black Widow. She uploaded Arnim Zola�s mind into Ultron�s body, which he took over before being restrained by Strange Supreme. As a reward, the Watcher transported Widow from this now lifeless universe to Earth-51825, where she helped defeat that reality�s Loki. What If...? Season 1 Episode 8 �What If... Ultron Won?� (2021)

note: diverged in 2014. Ego being alive in this episode is probably related to that.

Diverged from Earth-199999 in 2008, when Erik �Killmonger� Stevens prevented Tony Stark�s capture by the Ten Rings. Killmonger worked with Stark to create an army of vibranium-made combat drones. Killing James Rhodes, Black Panther/T�Challa, Ulysses Klaue and Stark, Killmonger orchestrated a war between United States and Wakanda. He disappeared in the midst of the conflict, abducted by the Watcher from another universe and subsequently recruited into the Guardians of the Multiverse to defeat Ultron-29929. What If...? episode �What If... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?� (2021)

Note: Iron Man set in 2008.

Diverged from Earth-199999 when Hope van Dyne joined S.H.I.E.L.D. Her death on a mission to Odessa caused Hank Pym to blame Nick Fury, and in 2010 Pym as Yellowjacket assassinated Avengers Initiative candidates Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Thor, Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff. Pym was uncovered and arrested with the help of Loki, who used this chance to take over the Earth. Fury organized a resistance against Loki with Captain America/Steve Rogers and Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers, which eventually succeeded thanks to the arrival of Black Widow-29929. What If...? episode �What If... The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes?� (2021)

Note: Fury's Big Week in 2010? To be fair, it diverged when Hope joined S.H.I.E.L.D. so maybe it happened a year early.

Diverged from reality-199999 when Odin returned baby Loki to Laufey. As the only child, Thor grew up into the care-free party prince and in 2010 threw a grand party on Earth, inviting various interstellar guests. As damage from the party accumulated, S.H.I.E.L.D. called in Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers and prepared to nuke the Asgardians. Jane Foster contacted Frigga, the fear of whom forced Thor to end the party and clean up afterwards. Thor�s date with Jane was interrupted by an invasion of Ultron-29929. Thor was subsequently recruited into the Guardians of the Multiverse to defeat Ultron-29929. What If...? Season 1 Episode 7 �What If... Thor Were an Only Child?� (2021)

Note: Set in 2010.

Earth-82111 - What If... Captain Carter Were The First Avenger?
Diverged from Earth-199999 in 1943 when the launch of Project Rebirth was sabotaged, leading Peggy Carter to become the new Super-Soldier. As Captain Carter, she battled Hydra alongside HYDRA Stomper /Steve Rogers. She sacrificed herself to push a creature summoned by Red Skull into the interdimensional portal, emerging from it almost 70 years later. Captain Carter joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and in 2014 led the raid on the Lemurian Star. Captain Carter was subsequently recruited into the Guardians of the Multiverse to defeat Ultron-29929. What If...? episode �What If... Captain Carter Were The First Avenger?� (2021)

Note: Starts in 1943. Episode 9 is 2014, when Winter Soldier occurs.

Earth-89521 - What If... Zombies!?
Diverged from Earth-199999 in 2018, when rescuing Janet Van Dyne from the Quantum Realm unleashed a quantum zombie virus. Hank Pym was infected and spread it to the Avengers. The few survivors discovered that the Vision�s Mind Stone could cure the infected and planned to broadcast the Stone�s frequencies worldwide from Wakanda. Spider-Man, Black Panther and Scott Lang headed there with a Mind Stone, unaware of a zombified Thanos with five other Infinity Stones waiting for them there. What If...? episode �What If... Zombies!?� (2021)

Note: Set in 2018.

Earth-91233 - What If.. Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?
Diverged from reality-199999 in 2016. Steven Strange and Christine Palmer remained a couple and the car crash took Palmer�s life instead of Strange�s hands. Becoming a Master of the Mystic Arts, Strange tried to use the Time Stone to undo Christine�s death, but failed because it was an Absolute Point in time. Strange traveled even further back to the library of Cagliostro and spent centuries gaining power by absorbing magical beings. With enough power, he undid the Absolute Point, which destroyed his universe, reducing it to a small pocket of reality. Dr. Strange was subsequently recruited into the Guardians of the Multiverse to defeat Ultron-29929. What If...? episode �What If.. Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?� (2021)

Note: starts in 2016.

Last edited:
Ok so I did a whoopsie so the universe where the Illuminati are from is Earth 838 not 843 so yeah just thought I'd clarify that

Which looking at the designation of Captain Carter's Universe from what if and the Captain Carter from the Illuminati Universe they are very close but still separate (what if = 82111, illuminati =. 838) so I'm treating all of the Illuminati members as such

Ok so I did a whoopsie so the universe where the Illuminati are from is Earth 838 not 843 so yeah just thought I'd clarify that

Which looking at the designation of Captain Carter's Universe from what if and the Captain Carter from the Illuminati Universe they are very close but still separate (what if = 82111, illuminati =. 838) so I'm treating all of the Illuminati members as such
Technically Earth-838 isn't the real designation for the same reason Earth-616 isn't the real MCU designation (well, it is... but only to the "MCU Multiverse"), so technically it could be, but having seen what Dreamer said I don't think it is.

Marvel might give it the same designation as the movie gave it. We'll see.

I find it funny that if 838 is the illuminati universe all marvel did was add the number 2 to all 3 digits of 616.

Reactions: Dok
Just got out of Strange 2, wanted to put down some thoughts while they're fresh

From my first watch we enter these multiverse:
- Vishanti place (forget proper name, exists outside of the multiverse)
- Main MCU (Sacred Timeline/616*)
- Illuminati timeline (838*)
- Defender Strange timeline
- America's home timeline (Utopian Plane - in the comics exists outside of spacetime ala the Vishanti place)
- Sinister Strange timeline
- a possible alternate Wanda Timeline (definitely the same as 838)
- multiverse montage

*as far as universe number designations go: for some reason 616 keeps being brought up within the context of the films (blackboard in thor 2, beck in ffh, mobius/tva labeling in loki, now christine in mom), for now I'm choosing to believe that this is just the designation used for this universe by those within said universe for whatever reason; until we hear official word from Marvel I'm assuming that Earth-1999999 still stands and that whatever the Illuminati's designated Earth is eventually will be something other than 838 but until they officially designate the Illuminati timeline we'll have to wait and see

- Vishanti place/616 timeline - self-explanatory
- Defender Strange timeline - I'm assuming that every universe has a way to access the Vishanti place somehow and that Defender Strange and America came through another of those doors, so we technically never saw ANY of Defender Strange's home Earth
- America's home timeline - seen in her memory
- 838 timeline - this is the most divergent we've seen from the main timeline so far. This universe seems to be one where mutants and the FF existed as in the comics from the start of the universe, with Captain Carter also being the result of the SSR's experiments here. Carol also never existed or at least never took part in Project Pegasus, instead it was Monica. This timeline also originated Incursions.
- Sinister Strange timeline - seems to be largely the same as 616 until the wedding seen at the start of this film
- possible alternate Wanda family - I wasn't sure if we were supposed to take the timeline where Wanda scares her kids as the same as 838 a bit later or yet another branch, any clarification here would help

838 timeline notes - I fear due to this timeline having mutants that the 616-timeline will be explained to lack the mutant gene and that all future mutants will come from alternate timelines; this also makes me think in the 616-timeline that the events of the upcoming Fantastic Four timeline will occur past this point, paving the way for Nathanial Richards as his descendant
- this also seems to be a timeline wherein the Avengers never formed or at least not nearly to the degree as in the sacred timeline as the Illuminati were the ones to respond to Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones. This also begs the question of why are Ultron bots used by the Illuminati in this timeline?

As to the nature of the Incursions: this is the biggest revelation in the film in my opinion and will help set up Quantuamnia hopefully in a way that will also come up in Loki season 2

I think we can safely assume that any MCU Reed Richards will be Krasinski, as will Stewart play Xavier; of course, thanks to NWH, this is not set in stone due to the appearance of Toby/Andrew versions of Peter, showing that different actors can portray the same character across different Earths

Up to this point I believed that the TVA was somewhere inside of the 616-timeline like the Quantum Realm or even inside of the Quantum Realm, especially considering the end scene of Loki with the Kang-run TVA but now I'm leaning towards the TVA, alongside the Vishanti place and the Utopian Parallel, are all outside-of-spacetime singular existing dimensions. However I do think we need to wait until loki s2 to determine the true nature of the TVA as it being affected by the events in the Citadel at the Edge of Time still makes me think there's a chance the TVA is in the quantum realm/some other parallel dimension rather than universe

Are we to believe Clea is from another timeline?

Last edited:
Just got out of Strange 2, wanted to put down some thoughts while they're fresh

From my first watch we enter these multiverse:
- Vishanti place (forget proper name, exists outside of the multiverse)
- Main MCU (Sacred Timeline/616*)
- Illuminati timeline (838*)
- Defender Strange timeline
- America's home timeline
- Sinister Strange timeline
- a possible alternate Wanda Timeline
- multiverse montage

*as far as universe number designations go: for some reason 616 keeps being brought up within the context of the films (blackboard in thor 2, beck in ffh, now christine in mom), for now I'm choosing to believe that this is just the designation used for this universe by those within said universe for whatever reason; until we hear official word from Marvel I'm assuming that Earth-1999999 still stands and that whatever the Illuminati's designated Earth is eventually will be something other than 838 but until they officially designate the Illuminati timeline we'll have to wait and see

- Vishanti place/616 timeline - self-explanatory
- Defender Strange timeline - I'm assuming that every universe has a way to access the Vishanti place somehow and that Defender Strange and America came through another of those doors, so we technically never saw ANY of Defender Strange's home Earth
- America's home timeline - seen in her memory
- 838 timeline - this is the most divergent we've seen from the main timeline so far. This universe seems to be one where mutants and the FF existed as in the comics from the start of the universe, with Captain Carter also being the result of the SSR's experiments here. Carol also never existed or at least never took part in Project Pegasus, instead it was Monica. This timeline also originated Incursions.
- Sinister Strange timeline - seems to be largely the same as 616 until the wedding seen at the start of this film
- possible alternate Wanda family - I wasn't sure if we were supposed to take the timeline where Wanda scares her kids as the same as 838 a bit later or yet another branch, any clarification here would help

838 timeline notes - I fear due to this timeline having mutants that the 616-timeline will be explained to lack the mutant gene and that all future mutants will come from alternate timelines; this also makes me think in the 616-timeline that the events of the upcoming Fantastic Four timeline will occur past this point, paving the way for Nathanial Richards as his descendant
- this also seems to be a timeline wherein the Avengers never formed or at least not nearly to the degree as in the sacred timeline as the Illuminati were the ones to respond to Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones. This also begs the question of why are Ultron bots used by the Illuminati in this timeline?

As to the nature of the Incursions: this is the biggest revelation in the film in my opinion and will help set up Quantuamnia hopefully in a way that will also come up in Loki season 2

I think we can safely assume that any MCU Reed Richards will be Krasinski, as will Stewart play Xavier; of course, thanks to NWH, this is not set in stone due to the appearance of Toby/Andrew versions of Peter, showing that different actors can portray the same character across different Earths

Are we to believe Clea is from another timeline?
After seeing the movie again its definitely the same Wanda from 838 as she has bruises and scars from the destruction she unknowingly caused at the Baxter building/ Illuminati HQ

im currently trying to see how much time passes over the course of the film and both credit scenes

After seeing the movie again its definitely the same Wanda from 838 as she has bruises and scars from the destruction she unknowingly caused at the Baxter building/ Illuminati HQ

im currently trying to see how much time passes over the course of the film and both credit scenes
Yes good point,
I suppose that no one would immediately realize the absence of the Illuminati due to their secretive nature

This is completely unrelated to Dr Strange and moreso related to Loki, but its a thought that came to mind rewatching it:

Is there any indication that once an alternate timeline breaches past the "line" of no return (thus becoming a branch), could the TVA, as a last resort, still be able to get rid of the timeline via destroying the universe instead of pruning/resetting all varied events if they wanted to?

Because I think something like that happened in the comics which caused variants to fade out of existence instead of just remaining because their permanent anchor point is now shut off. Their essence can't anchor to the main timeline.
(Then again, characters from destroyed universes can still exist, so I dunno about that last part. It might be more complicated than that.)

Last edited:
Also, makes me want to produce a list of all MCU multiverse divergences.
MCU Multiverse
Earth-16828 - Team Thor
Earth-89521 -What If... Zombies!?
Earth-91233 -What If.. Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?
Earth-96283 - Spider-Man Trilogy
Earth-120703 - The Amazing Spider-Man Duology
Earth-199999 - "Earth-616"/Marvel Cinematic Universe
Earth-???? - Sony's Spider-Man Universe
Earth-???? - 1949 Steve/Peggy Reality
Earth-???? - 1970 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - 2012 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - 2013 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - 2014 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - Time-Travelling Runaways
Earth-???? - Gert Yorkes Dies
Earth-???? - Destroyed Earth
Earth-???? - History Altered by Chronicoms
Earth-???? - Sylvie Laufeydottir Timeline
Earth-???? - Classic Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - Alligator Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - Boastful Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - Kid Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - President Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - President Steve Rogers Timeline
Earth-???? - Warrior Gamora Timeline
Earth-???? - "Earth-838"/Illuminati Universe

Pretty sure that's the whole list. Didn't note down the points of divergence, mind you.

Based on Multiverse of Madness, if we take the dreams as alternate universes as 100%, there's a reality where Wilson Fisk found out Karen killed Wesley and then murdered her. :oops:

I suppose we have this too.
Spider-Verse Multiverse
Earth-6799 - "Earth-67"/Spider-Man (1967-1970)
Earth-51778 - Supaidāman (1978-1979) apparently
Earth-???? - "Earth-65"/Gwen's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-616"/Peter's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-928"/Miguel's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-1610"/Mile's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-8311"/Porker's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-14512"/Peni's Universe
Earth-???? - "Earth-90214"/Peter Noir's Universe

Hell, maybe it'll crossover with Spider-Man (1994-1998), thus connecting all the Earth-92131 divergent timelines to this multiversal cluster.

Last edited:
MCU Multiverse
Earth-16828 - Team Thor
Earth-89521 -What If... Zombies!?
Earth-91233 -What If.. Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?
Earth-96283 - Spider-Man Trilogy
Earth-120703 - The Amazing Spider-Man Duology
Earth-199999 - "Earth-616"/Marvel Cinematic Universe
Earth-???? - Sony's Spider-Man Universe
Earth-???? - 1949 Steve/Peggy Reality
Earth-???? - 1970 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - 2012 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - 2013 Time Heist Reality

Earth-???? - 2014 Time Heist Reality
Earth-???? - Time-Travelling Runaways
Earth-???? - Gert Yorkes Dies
Earth-???? - Destroyed Earth
Earth-???? - History Altered by Chronicoms
Earth-???? - Sylvie Laufeydottir Timeline
Earth-???? - Classic Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - Alligator Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - Boastful Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - President Loki Timeline
Earth-???? - President Steve Rogers Timeline
Earth-???? - "Earth-838"/Illuminati Universe

Pretty sure that's the whole list. Didn't note down the points of divergence, mind you.

Based on Multiverse of Madness, if we take the dreams as alternate universes as 100%, there's a reality where Wilson Fisk found out Karen killed Wesley and then murdered her. :oops:
Ripples =/= Waves
Altered =/= Alternate

I'd argue those middle three (in bold) were pruned or restored by Cap returning the Infinity Stones before they had the chance to become their own realities.
Also you forgot Kid Loki. But even then, I don't know for certain how those Loki variants exist as a branch of Earth-199999 without some offscreen time travel way far in the past to make it work. Seems more like they're from the other part of the Multiverse.

Great movie! Here's my take on MCU and all the multiverse stuff. First of all, I don't care about the comics. I'm never going to read them. I don't care about comics universes or anything. At this point, I don't care about anything not made by Marvel Studios either. (In relation to the MCU). So my MCU is exclusively the Marvel Studios created programs only. This includes One-Shots and other One-Shot-Like things (WHiH, Daily Planet, etc). Maybe commercials like Audi, etc. Other things happened, but they happened differently than what we've seen before. I have no need to watch every other Marvel movie, the Netflix shows, the ABC shows, etc in an MCU rewatch. Just the main movies, movie fan edits of the Disney Plus shows, the "Marvel Cinematic Multiverse" (my personal name for the universe of Morbius and Venom) and the 2-hour fan edit I made of the Tobey and Andrew Spider-Man movies, showing the highlights that are seen or referenced in No Way Home. I think it's necessary to see what happened with the previous Spider-Men before, but I don't feel like watching/ showing the entirety of all five "old" movies. Maybe I'll make a little PG-13 edit of Daredevil to show the same. Just basic stuff that can't be contradicted by Marvel Studios later.

MCU is Earth-616. As I mentioned that's all that matters to me. In "my" multiverse, if it wasn't shown/ referenced in a Marvel Studios production on screen, it didn't happen. It's that simple.

Earth-838
Thankfully, I don't think it's necessary to see what happened with the previous X-Men, FF or Inhumans. Luckily there are no references to anything like that. And I think most people know enough about Professor X to know who the character is and what he can do, plus it's shown. It's mentioned and briefly seen what Black Bolt can do. But BB and Mr Fantastic don't really matter too much in this movie. I think (hope) that when we get the Fantastic Four movie, we'll see John Krasinski (and his wife) again. Professor X, while it was cool seeing Patrick Stewart again, I don't think Professor X will be him again. Nor will any other X-Men besides Ryan Reynolds be the same actor again. The thing that was mentioned at the end (insurgent?) will be what brings the mutants, inhumans and FF into "our" world.

Last edited:
Nor will any other X-Men besides Ryan Reynolds be the same actor again. The thing that was mentioned at the end (insurgent?) will be what brings the mutants, inhumans and FF into "our" world.
Is an incursion, and if something happens i'm pretty sure that it will only destroy Earth-838 or Sinister Strange's Universe

Latest posts

Back