Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I think it's based off the MCU wiki. I personally feel like moon phases don't have to line up given the MCU is fictional. To me 2025 makes more sense.
No the MCU wiki states 2025 as Moon Knight's date and idk the phase of the moon lines up almost too perfectly with even the end credits taking into account what phase its currently in. Considering the only major evidence we have of it being in 2025 is the Disney+ placement which is so wrong and the director states they originally knew definitively where they were taking place for sure before Covid I think this series was definitely meant to be set in 2024. It's likely this will be retconned eventually but I'd say 2024 works best given in show information. Idk between the director stating they had an exact placement, the phase of the moon definitely being a consideration in this series given the premise and the credits taking it into account on an episode basis and this only lining up for 2024 and not 2025 I think all this info is more accurate than the Disney+ placement and the series was intended for the previous year.

No the MCU wiki states 2025 as Moon Knight's date and idk the phase of the moon lines up almost too perfectly with even the end credits taking into account what phase its currently in. Considering the only major evidence we have of it being in 2025 is the Disney+ placement which is so wrong and the director states they originally knew definitively where they were taking place for sure before Covid I think this series was definitely meant to be set in 2024. It's likely this will be retconned eventually but I'd say 2024 works best given in show information. Idk between the director stating they had an exact placement, the phase of the moon definitely being a consideration in this series given the premise and the credits taking it into account on an episode basis and this only lining up for 2024 and not 2025 I think all this info is more accurate than the Disney+ placement and the series was intended for the previous year.
I just feel like it gets messy having it so close to Shang-Chi, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, and Far From Home. 2025 is much cleaner and like Ms. Marvel (so far) there's no blip references (unlike the other early 2024 set projects) which is why I feel like more time has passed. It also feels like they're wanting the "present day" to move the timeline forward and going back to early 2024 after Hawkeye wouldn't fit that.

I will never use the D+ placement as accurate for anything, in spite of any of it being accurate at all. The people who run the streamer are not Feige and crew and therefore do not have the man's ear. Everything on their timeline is either guesswork, or probably someone at D+ emailed one of Marvel's reps and they gave some vague answer that may or may not be correct. In short...what we do here is far more accurate than D+ will ever be.

I just feel like it gets messy having it so close to Shang-Chi, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, and Far From Home. 2025 is much cleaner and like Ms. Marvel (so far) there's no blip references (unlike the other early 2024 set projects) which is why I feel like more time has passed. It also feels like they're wanting the "present day" to move the timeline forward and going back to early 2024 after Hawkeye wouldn't fit that.
We've had messy before. The 2014/2015 era was a beast to put together back in the day if I recall simply because of AOS season 2's vagueness.

That being said however, should we add another tab to compress down the OP. 2019 - ????? now covers a LOT. Maybe we can break it up a little bit after Thor LAT and start a new section.

Last edited:
We've had messy before. The 2014/2015 era was a beast to put together back in the day if I recall simply because of AOS season 2's vagueness.
I think the division between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television had a lot to do with some of the messiness behind the shows, especially when it came to the later stuff.

I get that, I do. But with like 8 installments on average releasing a year, timeline clutter is something we're gonna have to get used to. And while the lack of blip references is kinda fair the series also had little to do with the series while pretty much every other installment that references it deals with it in some way, WandaVision being set shortly after and Monica returning, Eternals having the snap be the reason Tiamut returns, FatWS with the whole Flag-Smashers etc. Not every 2024 series needs to reference recent major events. No one referencing the stone Eternal in the ocean or things like a Dark Elf invasion so again not an accurate way to place things. As for the Present Day thing not a single MCU project has released since Endgame has come next chronologically even Multiverse of Madness after Moon Knight takes place before it so again that's not accurate either. But on the present day thing, in the video they show an interview with the director who states that due to covid the placement of their series may be retconned but originally had a firm date and references hints as to when it happens. It seems very likely that pre-covid this series was entirely intended to be set in 2024 and the hints referenced are the lunar phases being taken into account.

While I totally get the personal want for Moon Knight to be in 2025, nothing truely supports this but the lunar phases taken into account definitely support the 2024 placement. But honestly the timeline is so fucky anyway wherever you think it fits best go with that.

I will never use the D+ placement as accurate for anything, in spite of any of it being accurate at all. The people who run the streamer are not Feige and crew and therefore do not have the man's ear. Everything on their timeline is either guesswork, or probably someone at D+ emailed one of Marvel's reps and they gave some vague answer that may or may not be correct. In short...what we do here is far more accurate than D+ will ever be.
I know, that's why I said the only piece of evidence saying 2025 is Disney+ is a bad way to base the placement

I know, that's why I said the only piece of evidence saying 2025 is Disney+ is a bad way to base the placement
I personally feel like it can be reliable if we see no contradictions like with Shang-Chi, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier and Eternals. I just don't see why they'd have a timeline placement in the first place if they weren't going to have it be accurate.

I get that, I do. But with like 8 installments on average releasing a year, timeline clutter is something we're gonna have to get used to. And while the lack of blip references is kinda fair the series also had little to do with the series while pretty much every other installment that references it deals with it in some way, WandaVision being set shortly after and Monica returning, Eternals having the snap be the reason Tiamut returns, FatWS with the whole Flag-Smashers etc. Not every 2024 series needs to reference recent major events. No one referencing the stone Eternal in the ocean or things like a Dark Elf invasion so again not an accurate way to place things. As for the Present Day thing not a single MCU project has released since Endgame has come next chronologically even Multiverse of Madness after Moon Knight takes place before it so again that's not accurate either. But on the present day thing, in the video they show an interview with the director who states that due to covid the placement of their series may be retconned but originally had a firm date and references hints as to when it happens. It seems very likely that pre-covid this series was entirely intended to be set in 2024 and the hints referenced are the lunar phases being taken into account.

While I totally get the personal want for Moon Knight to be in 2025, nothing truely supports this but the lunar phases taken into account definitely support the 2024 placement. But honestly the timeline is so fucky anyway wherever you think it fits best go with that.
You convinced me to change my own timeline. Call me crazy but a show like Moon Knight using moon phases to plant itself in the timeline makes perfect sense to me.

I get where you're coming from too, but all that's leaning towards a 2024 placement is the lunar phases. I can go either way given how vague the show is, I just personally lean more toward 2025 for now. It'd be nice if there was some reference to the year like we saw with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

You convinced me to change my own timeline. Call me crazy but a show like Moon Knight using moon phases to plant itself in the timeline makes perfect sense to me.
Yeah j was skeptical when I started the video too but by the end I thought it made too much sense.

Yeah j was skeptical when I started the video too but by the end I thought it made too much sense.
I get that sentiment, but the MCU doesn't always match our world and I think moon phases can't really be seen as concrete evidence. If it was intentional, I don't see why they wouldn't just confirm the show as 2024.

I get where you're coming from too, but all that's leaning towards a 2024 placement is the lunar phases. I can go either way given how vague the show is, I just personally lean more toward 2025 for now. It'd be nice if there was some reference to the year like we saw with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.
See that's the thing, you're right that that's all that leans towards 2024, but it's the only real solid thing we have that leans towards a specific year. But the fact that the lunar cycle lines up with when we know the series to take place and that the phases are consistent throughout all the episodes taking into account time jumps and even the credits showing it changing with the series says it's more than a coincidence and was quite likely a planned feature. Idk before this I was leaning in 2025 but this definitely changed my mind

See that's the thing, you're right that that's all that leans towards 2024, but it's the only real solid thing we have that leans towards a specific year. But the fact that the lunar cycle lines up with when we know the series to take place and that the phases are consistent throughout all the episodes taking into account time jumps and even the credits showing it changing with the series says it's more than a coincidence and was quite likely a planned feature.
I just feel like them saying the timeline was left intentionally vague means it can still go either way and that 2024 isn't as concrete as the video makes it out to be.

I get that sentiment, but the MCU doesn't always match our world and I think moon phases can't really be seen as concrete evidence. If it was intentional, I don't see why they wouldn't just confirm the show as 2024.
In the interview he said they had a specific time they were going off of but since covid delayed things they didn't know how it would change or if it would be retconned later so he couldn't comment. But also there is rarely ever any confirmation from Marvel when these shows take place, especially shortly after the series releasing cause retcons are a thing.

I just feel like them saying the timeline was left intentionally vague means it can still go either way and that 2024 isn't as concrete as the video makes it out to be.
You're right it can go either way eventually being open to retcon. Until then tho the most relevant information to the series places it in 2024 so that's what we have to go on just like any other intentionally vauge series when placing timelines.

If you watched the video you'd see why. TL;DR, he said they had a specific time they were going off of but since covid delayed things they didn't know how it would be retconned so he couldn't comment. But also there is rarely ever any confirmation from Marvel when these shows take place, especially shortly after the series releasing cause retcons are a thing.
We've had WandaVision and The Falcon & The Winter Soldier tell us exactly how long it's been since Endgame. And Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel show the years they're taking place in. Of course, Loki and What-If are out of time. So far the only show that's been vague on its placement is Moon Knight.

You're right it can go either way eventually being open to retcon. Until then tho the most relevant information to the series places it in 2024 so that's what we have to go on just like any other intentionally vauge series when placing timelines.
Fair. I guess we'll see what happens.

We've had WandaVision and The Falcon & The Winter Soldier tell us exactly how long it's been since Endgame. And Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel show the years they're taking place in. Of course, Loki and What-If are out of time. So far the only show that's been vague on its placement is Moon Knight.
Yes and there was a very specific reason given for that. So until they make it specific the only thing we have to go on are the hints the series drops which point to a 2024 date until something more official happens. I'm not saying it won't later be changed to 2025 but as of right now it's clearly 2024.

Yes and there was a very specific reason given for that. So until they make it specific the only thing we have to go on are the hints the series drops which point to a 2024 date until something more official happens. I'm not saying it won't later be changed to 2025 but as of right now it's clearly 2024.
I still don't think it's clear based just off moon phases, but agree to disagree.

Latest posts

Back