Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Like you said I believe due to the nature of Moon Knight's show and the fact the moon phases not only are accurate to the days and the passing time but also shown accurately in the end credits of each episode as the series moves forward and that shows it's something that was considered for the series when planning it and therefore can be used as a way to judge the series placement. Admittedly it is something that they can easily retcon later and due to covid messing up how things went it just might as they said. As for Love and Thunder like you said the moon phases is not something any film or show will generally take into account and can't be used to judge everything, I believe Love and Thunder is vauge enough to use wherever Disney+ places it unless anything shows up to reveal the placement better.

I have no issue using the Disney+ placement when nothing else really shows one, even I placed Moon Knight in 2025 first originally because of it. However if anything does a better job of placing an installment like with Eternals, Shang-Chi or now Moon Knight I definitely use that instead.
I still personally disagree with Moon Knight, but that's just me. If the show had any dialogue or evidence beyond the moon phases like we see with Shang-Chi and Eternals, I'd feel differently, but for now I choose to go with the Disney + placement. It's pretty clear Hawkeye is December 2024 (we even see the year at some point), so I feel like they have to want Moon Knight in 2025. Plus it being in 2025, doesn't crowd that time period which already has Shang-Chi, TF&TWS, and Far From Home. Like I said this is just my personal opinion though.

It absolutely can work in 2024 but there's more evidence pointing to 2023 over that which is why it's placed there here. But whatever feels right to you go with.
I agree there's more evidence and it should absolutely be Autumn 2023 on this forum. I just prefer to try and make sense of Disney's timeline for my own timeline, since it's "kind of" official. Ignoring seasonal props, and especially weather is easy for me but
there are even some posters in London for November events.
props that have dates is problematic for me. That being the case I'd assume they'll have to move it back at some point. We shall see!

I still personally disagree with Moon Knight, but that's just me. If the show had any dialogue or evidence beyond the moon phases like we see with Shang-Chi and Eternals, I'd feel differently, but for now I choose to go with the Disney + placement. It's pretty clear Hawkeye is December 2024 (we even see the year at some point), so I feel like they have to want Moon Knight in 2025. Plus it being in 2025, doesn't crowd that time period which already has Shang-Chi, TF&TWS, and Far From Home. Like I said this is just my personal opinion though.
Then go with that. If it works better for your timeline do it. It's already fucky enough without trying to force someone else's logic into your own timeline.

Just finished watching the finale of Ms. Marvel a bit iffy in places like the dialogue and the janky visual effects but tbh I enjoyed Ms. Marvel as a whole more than I enjoyed Thor: Love and Thunder (I think I emphasised more with some of the characters like Kamala and her family because they felt more fleshed out than Jane and her relationship with Thor but that's just me)

Anyway as a whole I'm looking at a Mid to late September start to an Early to Mid October 2025 ending (including the mid credits scene)

Which if we compare filming pics from the secret invasion series (An event which happens in October/November) and compare it to where the mid credits scene takes place (Roughly Mid October) should tie directly into it (just a theory but it's very possible that Ms marvel and secret invasion are back to back on the timeline and She hulk could be in August 2025 (in between Thor LaT and Ms Marvel but That's just a hunch)

Yeah, it'd be nice if everything wasn't so vague with a lot of Phase 4. Which is what's leading to different views on the timeline.
Agreed. Back in 2019 I honestly do think they had a plan as concrete as the infinity saga in terms of timeline stuff. But I also think that they are removing stuff to keep it vague for the moment. Some things, such as moon phases, or 5 of the 9 gods being present in MK are harder to get rid of than simply cutting a line of dialogue or a shot in the edit. Who knows why they are being as vague as they are. Maybe they are trying to catch the real world up to the MCU again so it feels like everything is getting squeezed into 2024. With that and losing a year to the pandemic, we are only 3 years behind now instead of 5. But that is total speculation.

It's interesting to see how everyone has a different approach or reasonings to placement. Personally the multiverse is really the driving force of my placements and whether or not I agree with someone else's timeline. I just prefer the multiverse to take precedent over everything else so if I can squeeze non-multiverse stuff in before FFH/NWH/DS2, I will. It's not a perfect system though as Hawkeye must go where it is and Quantumania is surely to be 2025 at this point. I find it very hard to believe that it would happen in 2024 considering how packed that year is right now.

Agreed. Back in 2019 I honestly do think they had a plan as concrete as the infinity saga in terms of timeline stuff. But I also think that they are removing stuff to keep it vague for the moment. Some things, such as moon phases, or 5 of the 9 gods being present in MK are harder to get rid of than simply cutting a line of dialogue or a shot in the edit. Who knows why they are being as vague as they are. Maybe they are trying to catch the real world up to the MCU again so it feels like everything is getting squeezed into 2024. With that and losing a year to the pandemic, we are only 3 years behind now instead of 5. But that is total speculation.

I don't think you're very far off. Some of these films have very clear hints as to when they take place yet Marvel is being weirdly non specific. I have no doubt it's very much so because they don't want to lock any specific dates in especially with covid bungling everything up right now. We already know things like Multiverse of Madness being put after No Way Home and now Moon Knight and Love and Thunder having connections got shifted around due to this. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.we don't know about.

Also I don't believe 4 of the Ennead Council were killed by Gorr as Geekritique theorized. Zeus stated only some low level gods had been killed and in Moon Knight I don't believe there are 4 empty seats, I recall there only being the 5 seats total. Isis was seen in Omnipotence City and as shown the gods weren't too worried about Gorr. If he killed half the Ennead Council I am fairly certain the Egyptian gods there would've cared more.

Last edited:
That makes 3 now, if you include Ursa and Xavier
I personally don't count Ursa cause we have no confirmation of his abilities outside his actor saying he's Ursa Major from the comics and even then we don't know if he's a mutant or just a mutate like the rest. And on that I'm not sure Marvel is making Kamala a full mutant yet either. Xavier 100% tho obviously

Last edited:
Purpose of Phase 4 found this article, and MCU producer Richie Palmer says that 'most' of the films take place in 2024 as do many of the shows such as WandaVision.
This is the only thing said by Palmer "Phase Four is all a reaction – and I don't mean on our part as filmmakers, I mean the characters...It's a reaction to the trauma of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. We're still feeling those effects in these movies years later." The rest is just from the author of the article who is assuming everything is 2024. They even got Endgame wrong and refer to it as being 2024 (I assume they took 5 Years Later to mean 5 years after Endgame's release).

Sorry to repost that but what do you think?
Hi! I don't think anyone ever gave you a real answer. These can't be canon because with the inclusion of Bruce Banner (who is confirmed to be on Sakaar the entire time between AoU and Ragnarok) during the Civil War timeline, and the inclusion of The Grandmaster being on earth, it just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry to repost that but what do you think?
I didn't add it because besides being alternate versions of 2016-2017, Team Thor is unconnected to the MCU. The other universes are added because they show the point they diverge from the MCU (Loki, What If) or cross over with it (Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Multiverse of Madness).

Last edited:
I didn't add it because besides being alternate versions of 2016-2017, Team Thor is unconnected to the MCU. The other universes are added because they show the point they diverge from the MCU (Loki, What If) or cross over with it (Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Multiverse of Madness).
Yes you're right, there's also this one which is technically an alternate universe of MCU!

So it's better to not add it you're right aha

Last edited:
Sorry for double post but I didn't found answers; is this comics canon? It's added on both MCU Fandom Wiki and Wikipedia:

Latest posts

Back