Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm not meaning to come off in a derogatory way. Just stating my opinion on the subject and where I personally come from. Like I said, hopefully as COVID delays are in the past, the timeline isn't as vague and placements are more clear. And when it comes to Disney+ I believe it should be followed unless there's concrete evidence that says otherwise (for example, right now there isn't anything that contradicts where they've placed She-Hulk). If you don't feel that way, it's perfectly fine. Like I said, agree to disagree.
You're not being derogatory, in fact your being very polite. But we've definitely heard all points of view on this, repeatedly and in the end it's been largely decided that the Disney+ timeline is too inaccurate to be considered when placing projects. It's just time to move on from the debate is all and agree to disagree

What's the general agreement for Love and Thunder's placement here? I'm still unsure myself and I'm curious of the evidence for the films placement. I would love to hear the opinions and reasoning

Last edited:
What's the general agreement for Love and Thunder's placement here? I'm still unsure.myseld and I'm curious of the evidence for the films placement. I would love to hear the opinions and reasoning
Given how vague the movie is, I think it can go either or on if it is 2024 or 2025. If you want to ignore what Disney+ says, it'll probably be personal preference.

Given how vague the movie is, I think it can go either or on if it is 2024 or 2025. If you want to ignore what Disney+ says, it'll probably be personal preference.
Yeah I've found it too vauge to firmly place and I may end up going with Disney+ until further information hits. That's why I would love to hear from anyone here that has a reasoning for either year.

Last edited:
Yeah I've found it too vauge to firmly place and I may end up going with Disney+ until further information hits
That's what I'm saying. I don't think Disney+ should be the end-all for where things are placed, but I think it can give us an idea of where Marvel considers a production to be and we can determine whether that matches what we believe or not. Especially when there isn't much in the actual movie/show itself. Comments like Jessica Gao's on She-Hulk vaguely being a few years after Endgame don't help either.

I've said my peace on the matter and will leave it at that.

Yeah I've found it too vauge to firmly place and I may end up going with Disney+ until further information hits. That's why I would love to hear from anyone here that has a reasoning for either year.
We do not know how much time passed from Ultron to the breakup, we also don't know exactly when Thor left Earth, but he had to be gone by April 2016 as that is when Civil War was going on. The only evidence from the film we have is 8 years, 7 months, and 6 days. If we go by July, given the film came out in July, and the year 2024, that would put the breakup December 2015 which is after Ultron but before Civil War. If we go by July 2025 that would put the breakup in December 2016 and we have to assume Thor kept coming back to Earth even after Civil War.

The only other date in the film was the 4/30 on her vial, which means the film has to take place in May of either of those years.

We do not know how much time passed from Ultron to the breakup, we also don't know exactly when Thor left Earth, but he had to be gone by April 2016 as that is when Civil War was going on. The only evidence from the film we have is 8 years, 7 months, and 6 days. If we go by July, given the film came out in July, and the year 2024, that would put the breakup December 2015 which is after Ultron but before Civil War. If we go by July 2025 that would put the breakup in December 2016 and we have to assume Thor kept coming back to Earth even after Civil War.

The only other date in the film was the 4/30 on her vial, which means the film has to take place in May of either of those years.
What I'm wondering is how much time actually passes between Jane's arrival to New Asgard (I assume May) and Thor's arrival where we see her reveal. The movie makes it seem like there's been some time passage and Jane's had her Thor powers for at least a little bit. I still think it's somewhere in the Summer though.

What I'm wondering is how much time actually passes between Jane's arrival to New Asgard (I assume May) and Thor's arrival where we see her reveal. The movie makes it seem like there's been some time passage and Jane's had her Thor powers for at least a little bit. I still think it's somewhere in the Summer though.
Yeah I got the feeling that she had been Thor for at least a little while as her and Valkyrie have grown close and they makes some.comments that make there seem like time has passed such as Jane working on catchphrases.

Yeah I got the feeling that she had been Thor for at least a little while as her and Valkyrie have grown close and they makes some.comments that make there seem like time has passed such as Jane working on catchphrases.
I've seen some people act like the movie only covers like a couple of days from when Jane arrives in New Asgard but I feel like there has to be a small jump. Maybe her arrival is May (shortly after the date on the vial) and Thor's arrival is July (around the time of the movie's release).

Hand on my heart I firmly believe that since moon knight and Thor 4 are so closely linked in to one another while in production (although not evident in the show or film themselves) if we use the museum date for moon knight so April 22nd to July 29th and the blood vial seen in Thor 4 dated 30th April then I'm going to say that Moon Knight occurs Late April - Early/Mid May 2025 (After Hawkeye on the Disney+ timeline) and Thor would be happening in May 2025 although the epilogue at the very end of the main film could very likely occur in June 2025

So to summarise:

Moon Knight = April-May 2025
Thor: Love and Thunder = May 2025
She-Hulk = Somewhere in June-August 2025
Ms. Marvel = September 2025

Last edited:
My personal take on Moon Knight and Love and Thunder after much consideration:

- L+T - opens April 2024 with Jane's diagnosis (4/30 on vial), she travels to New Asgard and gains the powers of Thor, becoming New Asgard's protector until the arrival of Thor Odinson in June 2024 prompted by Gorr's attack. Thor mentions he and Jane broke up "8 years, 7 months, 6 days" ago, placing the break-up early November 2015:

- Thor leaves the Avengers to research the Infinity Stones immediately following the events of Age of Ultron in April-June 2015, however in Ragnarok, taking place in November 2017, Thor says he's been looking for the stones for two years; now obviously he's not going to say "I've been searching for the stones for two years and five months" but this amount of time leaves room for Thor and Jane to have lived together for a few months and split up with Thor leaving Earth November 2015 and searching for the stones for two years until Ragnarok

- MK - April-June 2025 - The overwhelming evidence for this series taking place in 2025 (museum exhibit banners, avoiding overcrowding of 2024, D+ timeline placement [if you put any stock into it], seemingly intentional effort to make the series seem as vague as possible in its timeline placement while simultaneously saying in promotion that there was a definite placement for the series at one point) leads me to the general placement of Spring 2025. This alongside the missing Ennead gods and the removal of any direct references to Gorr in the final release makes me think these gods were killed by Gorr in his culling about a year earlier, hence their absence.

I'm sorry but to think that the producers and vfx artists of the films and series put the effort into the phases of the moon in the background of the shots is a bit absurd, for the series moon knight it's a little understandable what with the theming and attention to detail in the credits but I personally think that was the extent and there was no effort to consciously sync the timelines via the moon phases.

Hand on my heart I firmly believe that since moon knight and Thor 4 are so closely linked in to one another while in production (although not evident in the show or film themselves) if we use the museum date for moon knight so April 22nd to July 29th and the blood vial seen in Thor 4 dated 30th April then I'm going to say that Moon Knight occurs Late April - Early/Mid May 2025 (After Hawkeye on the Disney+ timeline) and Thor would be happening in May 2025 although the epilogue at the very end of the main film could very likely occur in June 2025

So to summarise:

Moon Knight = April-May 2025
Thor: Love and Thunder = May 2025
She-Hulk = Somewhere in June-August 2025
Ms. Marvel = September 2025
Okay fair enough that's a good point, there definitely was coordination between the two during development. Thank you very much for your timeline

My personal take on Moon Knight and Love and Thunder after much consideration:

- L+T - opens April 2024 with Jane's diagnosis (4/30 on vial), she travels to New Asgard and gains the powers of Thor, becoming New Asgard's protector until the arrival of Thor Odinson in June 2024 prompted by Gorr's attack. Thor mentions he and Jane broke up "8 years, 7 months, 6 days" ago, placing the break-up early November 2015:

- Thor leaves the Avengers to research the Infinity Stones immediately following the events of Age of Ultron in April-June 2015, however in Ragnarok, taking place in November 2017, Thor says he's been looking for the stones for two years; now obviously he's not going to say "I've been searching for the stones for two years and five months" but this amount of time leaves room for Thor and Jane to have lived together for a few months and split up with Thor leaving Earth November 2015 and searching for the stones for two years until Ragnarok

- MK - April-June 2025 - The overwhelming evidence for this series taking place in 2025 (museum exhibit banners, avoiding overcrowding of 2024, D+ timeline placement [if you put any stock into it], seemingly intentional effort to make the series seem as vague as possible in its timeline placement while simultaneously saying in promotion that there was a definite placement for the series at one point) leads me to the general placement of Spring 2025. This alongside the missing Ennead gods and the removal of any direct references to Gorr in the final release makes me think these gods were killed by Gorr in his culling about a year earlier, hence their absence.

I'm sorry but to think that the producers and vfx artists of the films and series put the effort into the phases of the moon in the background of the shots is a bit absurd, for the series moon knight it's a little understandable what with the theming and attention to detail in the credits but I personally think that was the extent and there was no effort to consciously sync the timelines via the moon phases.
Fair enough, while I do personally disagree with the reasoning for the year I think your reasoning for everything else is very solid. Thanks for replying

ok just saw a few new scenes from the new extended version of Spider-Man no way home and am getting closer to nailing down the betty brandt and daily bugle tik toks but a few are inserted and enhanced into this new version of the film so im left wondering

does this nullify all of the betty brandt daily bugle tik toks as canon or just a few?

- Shang-Chi in 2024
- Wong becomes Sorcerer Supreme
- No Way Home
- Multiverse of Madness
- She-Hulk in summer 2025

Did I miss anything?

ok just saw a few new scenes from the new extended version of Spider-Man no way home and am getting closer to nailing down the betty brandt and daily bugle tik toks but a few are inserted and enhanced into this new version of the film so im left wondering

does this nullify all of the betty brandt daily bugle tik toks as canon or just a few?
About to see the extended version of NWH, but personally, I believe that the ones that they've used in the movie should be nullified, whereas the ones that aren't should be kept separate.

Latest posts

Back