Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Can someone please re-explain placement for the following?

Captain America - Civil War Chapter 19: "End Credits" (2:18:34 - 2:19:59)

Steve still has bruises and we know he has an accelerated healing factor. Also, the lab is not actually in Wakanda's city, it's clearly outside of the city.

Can someone please re-explain placement for the following?

Captain America - Civil War Chapter 19: "End Credits" (2:18:34 - 2:19:59)

Steve still has bruises and we know he has an accelerated healing factor. Also, the lab is not actually in Wakanda's city, it's clearly outside of the city.
According to Infinity War - Prelude #1, Bucky is frozen after Team Cap is broken out from the Raft. But since Scott mentions having slept for three days after becoming Giant-Man, at least that much time must have passed between the airport battle and Team Cap being broken out. Since Steve has accelerated healing, then his bruises would have at least already appeared (and possibly disappeared) by the time he breaks out his team from there, since we know from the other movies that his bruises only last a few days at most. But he doesn't have any bruises in that scene in the movie.

Not to mention he seems to have had enough time to take Clint and Scott home, and taken Wanda to Edinburgh, while still having had enough time to establish contact with Vision, and for Vision to have learned how to make himself look human, before going to Wakanda to freeze Bucky (at least, that's what's implied in the comic). So I reasoned that he got the bruises during the time period where they were taking their teammates home and likely evaded the authorities.

I'm pretty sure his lack of a bruise in the comic is a continuity error, since in the movie he wasn't wearing his Captain America outfit when he went to the Raft, but in the comic he was.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the comic in question:

Screenshot-20190224-231014.png

Now, as you can see, the Wakanda Civil War scene [Captain America - Civil War Chapter 19: "End Credits" (2:18:34 - 2:19:59) ], seen in the comic above, takes place "weeks later" after the Raft rescue and the Vision and Wanda reunion (partially seen in my screenshot), is another scene that says "months later". All of this implies that Bucky is the first "broken white boy" that Shuri "fixes". So I say there is no way this scene happens after the main events of Black Panther. There's gotta be some way for this scene to come before the entirety of Black Panther, and also fit with the comic prelude.

Here's a pic of the comic in question:

Screenshot-20190224-231014.png

Now, as you can see, the Wakanda Civil War scene [Captain America - Civil War Chapter 19: "End Credits" (2:18:34 - 2:19:59) ], seen in the comic above, takes place "weeks later" after the Raft rescue and the Vision and Wanda reunion (partially seen in my screenshot), is another scene that says "months later". All of this implies that Bucky is the first "broken white boy" that Shuri "fixes". So I say there is no way this scene happens after the main events of Black Panther. There's gotta be some way for this scene to come before the entirety of Black Panther, and also fit with the comic prelude.
T'Challa clearly returns home for the first time in a while at the beginning of Black Panther. I assume at some point he tells Shuri about Bucky, which is how she knows about the other "broken white boy" even though Bucky hasn't actually come to Wakanda yet.

Ok, I guess that makes sense then.

Let me ask my other question again, Is there a reason the Twitter clip, "More than an arm" is placed at the end of Luke cage season 2? Seems to me it would be more appropriate shortly after Misty gets her arm and adjusts to it a bit. How about between episodes 5 and 6 or 6 and 7?

Ok, I guess that makes sense then.

Let me ask my other question again, Is there a reason the Twitter clip, "More than an arm" is placed at the end of Luke cage season 2? Seems to me it would be more appropriate shortly after Misty gets her arm and adjusts to it a bit. How about between episodes 5 and 6 or 6 and 7?
I'll check it out after I'm done with Punisher season 2.

Last edited:

This article talks about how the Disney+ shows will be super-connected to the MCU, since they're being made by Marvel Studios themselves. I hope that Runaways and Cloak & Dagger get moved there, along with the Netflix shows. I don't want them adult-oriented anymore anyway.

late-August to early-September
Luke Cage S2

September (post-Luke Cage S2)

The Punisher S2 Ep 1 - 5
Daredevil S3 Ep. 1 - 7

early-to-mid-October
Daredevil S3 Ep 8 - 13
The Punisher S2 Ep 6 - 13

So I'm watching it like this. Luke Cage Season 2, episodes 1-5 of Punisher S2- I see no problems here with this placement. But then I get to Daredevil S3E01 at about 45 minutes in, there's a scene with Agent Nadeen and his son:

Nadeen: "Let me tell you something. Come summer, you're the one who's gonna be throwing mad parties, because the pool is definitely happening this year."

Nadeen's son: "Really?"

Nadeen: "You bet. I'm gonna be tossing your butt off the diving board by June."

The words "this year" are the problem. If this scene is supposed to take place in September, there is no summer that year anymore. I guess it could be explained away as "this school year"? What do you guys think? I'll let you know if i notice anything else, not counting snow.

So I'm watching it like this. Luke Cage Season 2, episodes 1-5 of Punisher S2- I see no problems here with this placement. But then I get to Daredevil S3E01 at about 45 minutes in, there's a scene with Agent Nadeen and his son:

Nadeen: "Let me tell you something. Come summer, you're the one who's gonna be throwing mad parties, because the pool is definitely happening this year."

Nadeen's son: "Really?"

Nadeen: "You bet. I'm gonna be tossing your butt off the diving board by June."

The words "this year" are the problem. If this scene is supposed to take place in September, there is no summer that year anymore. I guess it could be explained away as "this school year"? What do you guys think? I'll let you know if i notice anything else, not counting snow.

Oooo, good point. I forgot about that line completely.

But DD S3 can't be before Luke Cage S2 because of Foggy working for Hogarth's company...

Ultimately, DD S3 and Punisher S2 may have to move to 2018.
Marvel Television might have been aware of some potential timeline reset in Avengers 4, who knows?

Last edited:
DD S3 --> Spring 2018 (pre-Infinity War)

Punisher S2 ---> around late-May to mid-June 2018 (post-Infinity War; Endgame's reset timeline(?) )

Madini's "months" claim could have been stretched, again, but the order of the days of the weeks on the calendar from Episode 7 could constitute as one for May 2018.
tumblr_plsmzs7JtK1u7vukeo1_1280.png

Also, if the Halloween bag seen in one of the Jessica Jones S3 set photos isn't in a flashback, it's probably set in October 2018.

So post-Defenders in chronological order:

1.) Jessica Jones S2
2.) Luke Cage S2
3.) Iron Fist S2
4.) Daredevil S3
5.) Punisher S2
6.) Jessica Jones S3

Last edited:
DD S3 --> Spring 2018 (pre-Infinity War)

Punisher S2 ---> around late-May to mid-June 2018 (post-Infinity War; Endgame's reset timeline(?) )

Madini's "months" claim could have been stretched, again, but the order of the days of the weeks on the calendar from Episode 7 could constitute as one for May 2018.
tumblr_plsmzs7JtK1u7vukeo1_1280.png

Also, if the Halloween bag seen in one of the Jessica Jones S3 set photos isn't in a flashback, it's probably set in October 2018.

So post-Defenders in chronological order:

1.) Jessica Jones S2
2.) Luke Cage S2
3.) Iron Fist S2
4.) Daredevil S3
5.) Punisher S2
6.) Jessica Jones S3
You could push AoS and Avengers: Infinity War back, unless something is keeping it in May.

Or like I said, just make it so he was saying "this school year", which is like September to June. Let's see how End Game goes, and go from there.

Finished updating for Punisher season 2. Since I placed it in early 2018 for now, I had to place the "Three months later" scene after Infinity War, but that's likely temporary until we figure out better placements for the Netflix seasons.

I just checked. Episodes 5, 6, and 7 all follow each other directly, so placing the "More than an arm" clip in between them kind of feels like a weird transition. Placing it in the middle of an episode doesn't feel like it would really work either.

I don't think the video necessarily takes place after season 2 either, but I think giving a non-specific placement during or after the season works better for it.

Finished updating for Punisher season 2. Since I placed it in early 2018 for now, I had to place the "Three months later" scene after Infinity War, but that's likely temporary until we figure out better placements for the Netflix seasons.

I just checked. Episodes 5, 6, and 7 all follow each other directly, so placing the "More than an arm" clip in between them kind of feels like a weird transition. Placing it in the middle of an episode doesn't feel like it would really work either.

I don't think the video necessarily takes place after season 2 either, but I think giving a non-specific placement during or after the season works better for it.
Where did Loki 1x01 go?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 6 begins a year after season 5.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/12/this-is-us-season-4-spoilers-nbc-justin-hartley-kevin/

Season 6, premiering sometime this summer, picks up about a year after the team dropped a terminal Coulson off in Tahiti and could very aptly be subtitled "The Search for Fitz." Jemma is "a woman on a mission," Elizabeth Henstridge told Matt Mitovich of her character's resolve as her cryo-frozen hubby floats around in space somewhere. But as Clark Gregg noted, "Fitz is one elusive, sexy bastard!" Henstridge also teased — and Mitovich can confirm, having visited one of the new sets — that "this season is a departure from other stuff we've done."

I agree with Selfishmisery. Daredevil S3 being in 2018 makes sense. I really doubt that year refers to the school year. Real people would likely clarify that difference. The Infinity War timeline, as far as I know, is flexible. Corrrct me if I'm wrong, but if The Punisher S2 "3 months later" is after A: IW, you can move IW.

I agree with Selfishmisery. Daredevil S3 being in 2018 makes sense. I really doubt that year refers to the school year. Real people would likely clarify that difference. The Infinity War timeline, as far as I know, is flexible. Corrrct me if I'm wrong, but if The Punisher S2 "3 months later" is after A: IW, you can move IW.
I'm reluctant to move Daredevil S3 later than late 2017 because of the references to Matt being gone for months, as well as Fisk being in jail for 2 years (since season 1). The "months" part could realistically be lowballing it, but "2 years" is more precise.

One possible solution I have is that, if it's late 2017, Nadeem is generalising when saying they'll be getting the pool "this year". Maybe he means "this upcoming year". Or maybe he means they'll be buying the pool before the end of 2017, and then they'll be able to use it by June 2018.

In regards to Punisher S2, IW is no later than June or July 2018, since Far From Home is after it. So placing Punisher S2 in March or April 2018 could work. It depends on how much time passed between IW and Endgame. Or maybe the epilogue of Punisher S2 takes place after the Snap is reversed.

I'm reluctant to move Daredevil S3 later than late 2017 because of the references to Matt being gone for months, as well as Fisk being in jail for 2 years (since season 1). The "months" part could realistically be lowballing it, but "2 years" is more precise.

One possible solution I have is that, if it's late 2017, Nadeem is generalising when saying they'll be getting the pool "this year". Maybe he means "this upcoming year". Or maybe he means they'll be buying the pool before the end of 2017, and then they'll be able to use it by June 2018.

In regards to Punisher S2, IW is no later than June or July 2018, since Far From Home is after it. So placing Punisher S2 in March or April 2018 could work. It depends on how much time passed between IW and Endgame. Or maybe the epilogue of Punisher S2 takes place after the Snap is reversed.
Fair game, honestly. I've seen that the mcu wiki has Daredevil S3 and IF S2 overlapping. I don't know what's up with that. I'm gonna try and find some of their notes on The Punisher. It would be cool if that scene was after the decimation, for the simple fact that the Punisher stops for nothing, not even an apocalyptic event such as that.

I mean, yeah, most likely, anything can go AFTER Infinity War, just not DURING Infinity War, but I still need to finish the last seasons of Punisher, Fist and Devil.

Latest posts

Back