Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I've noticed a bit of mistakes in the timeline in regards to the crossover of Captain America: Civil War and the "Peter Parker film" vlog of Spider-Man Homecoming on April 10th. I've put a brief description of what happens in each scene.

This is how it currently appears on the timeline:

April 10
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 12: "Hawkeye Returns" (1:25:00 - 1:29:28) (Airport scene. Ends with Tony saying, "I've run out of patience...")
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 13: "You're After the Wrong Guy" (1:29:29 - 1:30:02) (Starts with "Underoos", ends with "You've been a complete idiot")
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:06:21 - 0:07:10) (landing in Berlin - leaving hotel room)
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 13: "You're After the Wrong Guy" (1:30:03 - 1:34:08) (ends with "My plan was, go easy on em")
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:07:11 - 0:07:20) ("Underoos", "Hey everyone")
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 14: "We Fight" (1:34:09 - 1:39:41) (ends with Giant Man thowing Rhodey)
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:07:21 - 0:07:33) (Peter notices Giant Man)
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 14: "We Fight" (1:39:42 - 1:45:37) (ends with Rhodey paralyised)

This is how I believe it should be (correct me if I'm wrong, especially on the timecodes):

April 10
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:06:21 - 0:07:10) (landing in Berlin - leaving hotel room)
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 12: "Hawkeye Returns" (1:25:00 - 1:29:53) (Airport scene. Ends with Tony saying, "I've run out of patience. Underoos!" then "Hey Everyone!")
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:07:11 - 0:07:20) ("Underoos", "Hey everyone")
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 13: "You're After the Wrong Guy" (1:29:54 - 1:30:02) (Starts with Tony, "Good job", ends with "You've been a complete idiot")
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 13: "You're After the Wrong Guy" (1:30:03 - 1:34:08) (ends with "My plan was, go easy on em")
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 14: "We Fight" (1:34:09 - 1:39:14) (ends with Giant Man grabbing Rhodey)
Spider-Man - Homecoming Chapter 2: "It All Begins" (0:07:21 - 0:07:33) (Peter notices Giant Man)
Captain America - Civil War Chapter 14: "We Fight" (1:39:15 - 1:45:37) ((Peter notices Giant Man, ends with Rhodey paralyised)
I agree and originally planned to change it for that same reason, but I think DIrishB placed them in that order so as to not cut certain chapters awkwardly. Now that you mention it, the order it is in now is even more awkward. I have a draft elsewhere for these timings, so I'll edit it.

I personally disagree. It's quite an important detail.
If the only indication that he was dusted is just one of the holographic images in Endgame, with no references to that in the dialogue, then I'd just disregard that. If he is mentioned in dialogue to have been dusted, then that's when I'd consider the book non-canon.

Last edited:
Finally I can post here! Have been lurking for a long long time. Never could get my account confirmed.

On the Selvig thing, wasn't he off the grid in the novel, holed up in a motel room? Could explain why he's missing.

I agree with waiting for the movie to come out before declaring the book non-canon.

I also still think the Titan Consumed novel is canon. I know there was a statement it was non canon, but this was done because the synopsis spoiled the Infinity War ending. Besides, the book contains some very serious spoilers regarding IW and there's no way Marvel would tell the author those if it were non-canon.

Another thing; This video may be canon:

The instructor is JB Groove, who has been cast in Far from Home.

Finally I can post here! Have been lurking for a long long time. Never could get my account confirmed.

On the Selvig thing, wasn't he off the grid in the novel, holed up in a motel room? Could explain why he's missing.

I agree with waiting for the movie to come out before declaring the book non-canon.

I also still think the Titan Consumed novel is canon. I know there was a statement it was non canon, but this was done because the synopsis spoiled the Infinity War ending. Besides, the book contains some very serious spoilers regarding IW and there's no way Marvel would tell the author those if it were non-canon.

Another thing; This video may be canon:

The instructor is JB Groove, who has been cast in Far from Home.

I agree with waiting till it releases, but it's still a semi-contradiction.

Couple more things, I hope I don't seem like I'm criticizing all of you. I have just been keeping a couple of notes since I couldn't post.

First, a suggestion for timeline correction:
Heroes' Journey: Doctor Strange chapter 10 page 200 references a strange familiar jet in a desert. This is the Quinjet from chapter 12 of Heroes' Journey Captain America story. So these take place at the same time and therefore Strange's chapters need to be moved.

To continue on the novels, I think every novel with the "Road to...." banner on top is considered canon, like the red stamp for the tie-in comics.
The novels containing this banner are:
The Heroes' Journey (Infinity War)
The Heroes' Journey (Ant-Man and the Wasp)
The Heroes' Journey (Captain Marvel), also known as Starforce on the rise
The Cosmic Quest Vol. 1 (they removed it for vol. 2, but it's the same author and he confirmed it's canon on his Facebook, I believe.)
Thanos: Titan Consumed
The Pirate angel, the talking tree and captain rabbit (this is an outlier, because instead of "Road to..." it has "Before the events of..." on top. It is however written by the same author of the Heroes' Journey novels and contains the same layout)

I'd suggest adding these to the timeline, I'd be happy to add placements if you decide to include these.

And again, the Audi commercial, if JB Groove plays a similar character (he isn't named in the video) we could add it to the timeline, but we'll have to wait on FFH first.

Last but not least, I have been following this timeline from when DIrishB was still with us. It's incredible to see that this forum is still continuing his legacy. I always follow your discussions with much pleasure.

Couple more things, I hope I don't seem like I'm criticizing all of you. I have just been keeping a couple of notes since I couldn't post.

Heroes' Journey: Doctor Strange chapter 10 page 200 references a strange familiar jet in a desert. This is the Quinjet from chapter 12 of Heroes' Journey Captain America story. So these take place at the same time and therefore Strange's chapters need to be moved.

To continue on the novels, I think every novel with the "Road to...." banner on top is considered canon, like the red stamp for the tie-in comics.
The Cosmic Quest Vol. 1 (they removed it for vol. 2, but it's the same author and he confirmed it's canon on his Facebook, I believe.)
The Pirate angel, the talking tree and captain rabbit (this is an outlier, because instead of "Road to..." it has "Before the events of..." on top. It is however written by the same author of the Heroes' Journey novels and contains the same layout)

I'd suggest adding these to the timeline, I'd be happy to add placements if you decide to include these.

And again, the Audi commercial, if JB Groove plays a similar character (he isn't named in the video) we could add it to the timeline, but we'll have to wait on FFH first.

Last but not least, I have been following this timeline from when DIrishB was still with us. It's incredible to see that this forum is still continuing his legacy. I always follow your discussions with much pleasure.
The Audi commercial is already in the timeline, fortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not yet sure about adding Titan Consumed to the timeline, but the Heroes' Journey and Cosmic Quest had been added to the timeline. I also added Starforce on the Rise, and will be adding The Pirate Angel, the Talking Tree, and Captain Rabbit.

In regards to the Doctor Strange story, the Doctor Strange movie takes place from early 2016 to early 2017, as shown by the date on Strange's watch before the accident saying February 2, 2016, and confirmed by interviews (Scott Derrickson said Strange recovered for 3 to 6 months, and that the movie takes place over the course of a year), which would mean his Heroes' Journey story takes place in fall 2017 (the beginning of the story says it's fall).

The second half of the Captain America story is mentioned to be several weeks after the breakout from the Raft, which would place it over a year before the Doctor Strange story. We know from the Infinity War and Captain Marvel preludes that they've had other missions in the Middle East while on the run, so the jet over the desert could be from one of their later missions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not yet sure about adding Titan Consumed to the timeline, but the Heroes' Journey and Cosmic Quest had been added to the timeline. I also added Starforce on the Rise, and will be adding The Pirate Angel, the Talking Tree, and Captain Rabbit.

In regards to the Doctor Strange story, the Doctor Strange movie takes place from early 2016 to early 2017, as shown by the date on Strange's watch before the accident saying February 2, 2016, and confirmed by interviews (Scott Derrickson said Strange recovered for 3 to 6 months, and that the movie takes place over the course of a year), which would mean his Heroes' Journey story takes place in fall 2017 (the beginning of the story says it's fall).

The second half of the Captain America story is mentioned to be several weeks after the breakout from the Raft, which would place it over a year before the Doctor Strange story. We know from the Infinity War and Captain Marvel preludes that they've had other missions in the Middle East while on the run, so the jet over the desert could be from one of their later missions.

Thanks for your response!
So it doesn't line up, shame. A small continuity error, but nothing that can't be explained like you said.

As for the Titan Consumed novel, Marvel calls it a "companion novel" to Infinity War:
https://www.marvel.com/articles/com...titan-consumed-explores-the-mad-titan-s-youth

I still feel the claims that it was non-canon was damage control for the publisher spoiling IW's ending.

Thanks for your response!
So it doesn't line up, shame. A small continuity error, but nothing that can't be explained like you said.

As for the Titan Consumed novel, Marvel calls it a "companion novel" to Infinity War:
https://www.marvel.com/articles/com...titan-consumed-explores-the-mad-titan-s-youth

I still feel the claims that it was non-canon was damage control for the publisher spoiling IW's ending.
Thanos: Titan Consumed was released after Infinity War, so it didn't matter if there were spoilers for the movie in the book.

Also, regarding Selvig, I know he was in a motel room in the book, but I don't remember if he was off the grid. Darcy knew where he was, at least. If so, that would make sense with the movie.

Thanos: Titan Consumed was released after Infinity War, so it didn't matter if there were spoilers for the movie in the book.

Also, regarding Selvig, I know he was in a motel room in the book, but I don't remember if he was off the grid. Darcy knew where he was, at least. If so, that would make sense with the movie.

It was written and announced before the movie, though.

How does it spoil the movie then? Was there a spoiler in the synopsis when they announced it?

Yes, the synopsis said the Avengers failed to stop Thanos.

Besides that, there's no way the author could have known about Gamora's death and the Zehoberei flashback (with dialogue) without Marvel's help. I doubt they would give him these details for an unofficial novel.

Updated for Avengers - Endgame: The Pirate Angel, The Talking Tree, and Captain Rabbit.

The problem is that they sold Avengers Tower in Homecoming, while they're still using it in Watch the Game. So it would have to take place between Civil War and Homecoming.

Yeah, but they already stopped using the tower in Age of Ultron and beyond, until Homecoming (is that a bit of a plot hole?), so can we assume they had one last party there before the sale went through? I mean, none of the Avengers were there or anything..

Yeah, but they already stopped using the tower in Age of Ultron and beyond, until Homecoming (is that a bit of a plot hole?), so can we assume they had one last party there before the sale went through? I mean, none of the Avengers were there or anything..
I'm assuming they just didn't find a buyer until Homecoming. Also, since in the movie, Happy tells Peter that everything needs to be out by next week, it would be weird if they still had vacancy in the building 8 months after getting everything out of there.

I swear Sony tried to screw up the continuity on purpose. It's the main movie with so many weird things about it. But it's been a while since I watched Homecoming (other than the opening scenes that cross with Civil War) so I didn't remember all the details about the tower/ sale.

Here's a timeline thing I found online and slightly modified:

timeline.png

Latest posts

Back