Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Since we've added the Captain Marvel: Starforce on the Rise novel to the timeline, I think we should add Captain Marvel: Higher Further Faster also. It takes place during Carol and Maria's first year at the Air Force Academy. In Chapter 9, it mentions that the Thunderbirds are flying "the brand-new F-16's instead of those old T-38's." The Thunderbirds switched their planes to F-16's in 1983, indicating that that's when the book starts. Chapter 11 takes place at the beginning of winter, and Chapter 12 is the following weekend. Chapter 13 takes place several weeks later. So it seems that Chapters 1-12 take place in 1983 and Chapters 13-20 take place in 1984.

Since we've added the Captain Marvel: Starforce on the Rise novel to the timeline, I think we should add Captain Marvel: Higher Further Faster also. It takes place during Carol and Maria's first year at the Air Force Academy. In Chapter 9, it mentions that the Thunderbirds are flying "the brand-new F-16's instead of those old T-38's." The Thunderbirds switched their planes to F-16's in 1983, indicating that that's when the book starts. Chapter 11 takes place at the beginning of winter, and Chapter 12 is the following weekend. Chapter 13 takes place several weeks later. So it seems that Chapters 1-12 take place in 1983 and Chapters 13-20 take place in 1984.
Added.

Simplified Viewing Order
I believe this:
Ant-Man - Prelude #1-2
Captain Marvel - Higher, Further, Faster
Captain Marvel - Starforce on the Rise

Should be this:
Ant-Man - Prelude #1-2

Simplified Viewing Order
I believe this:
Ant-Man - Prelude #1-2

Should be this:
Ant-Man - Prelude #1-2
Edited.

Here's another Audi thing. This time with a lady catching Captain Marvel up to speed to today's times, including the "requirement" to instagram food before eating and recapping Infinity War with action figures. I'm sure it's not canon, but it's fun anyway.

Also, I noticed a couple of small mistakes in Winter Soldier in the timeline. (Skipping over the TV shows and comics):

December 12
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:32:17 - 1:32:30)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:33:20 - 1:37:05)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 14: "Engaging" (1:37:06 - 1:49:12)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 15: "The End of the Line" (1:49:13 - 1:52:51)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 15: "The End of the Line" (1:52:52 - 1:55:02)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 16: "Battle over the Potomac" (1:55:03 - 1:58:08)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 16: "Battle over the Potomac" (1:58:09 - 2:01:10)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:11 - 2:01:43)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:08:18 - 2:09:46)

December 13
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:44 - 2:02:32)

Should be:

December 12
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:32:17 – 1:32:29) This is the scene that leads into the 1936 scene. That scene starts at 1:32:30, so this scene should end one second sooner.

Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:33:20 - 1:37:05)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 15: "The End of the Line" (1:49:13 - 1:52:51)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 15: "The End of the Line" (1:52:52 - 1:55:02)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 16: "Battle over the Potomac" (1:55:03 - 1:58:08)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 16: "Battle over the Potomac" (1:58:09 - 2:01:10)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:11 – 2:01:56) Sam & Steve in the hospital. It's currently cut in between Steve and Sam talking while in the hospital, but it should end as the scene ends.

Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:08:18 – 2:09:46) Maximoff twins scene

December 13
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:57 - 2:02:32) Sharon at gun range, Maria Hill at Stark HR, Sterns arrested, Crossbones taken to the hospital)

Here's another Audi thing. This time with a lady catching Captain Marvel up to speed to today's times, including the "requirement" to instagram food before eating and recapping Infinity War with action figures. I'm sure it's not canon, but it's fun anyway.

Also, I noticed a couple of small mistakes in Winter Soldier in the timeline. (Skipping over the TV shows and comics):

December 12
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:32:17 - 1:32:30)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:11 - 2:01:43)
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:08:18 - 2:09:46)

December 13
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:44 - 2:02:32)

Should be:

December 12
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 13: "Paying a Price" (1:32:17 – 1:32:29) This is the scene that leads into the 1936 scene. That scene starts at 1:32:30, so this scene should end one second sooner.

Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:11 – 2:01:56) Sam & Steve in the hospital. It's currently cut in between Steve and Sam talking while in the hospital, but it should end as the scene ends.

Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:08:18 – 2:09:46) Maximoff twins scene

December 13
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 17: "Life after S.H.I.E.L.D." (2:01:57 - 2:02:32) Sharon at gun range, Maria Hill at Stark HR, Sterns arrested, Crossbones taken to the hospital)

Edited for this.

Erm...

I don't remember Peter mentioning this in Avengers: Infinity War (because this is probably between Spider-Man: Homecoming and dust).

More importantly, SPIDER-COP!

Last edited:
I finally got around to updating my spreadsheet on the MCU Timeline today. I've been using DIrish's detailed timeline as a guide.

Once I'd finished, I decided I had to ask him some questions about Luke Cage S02 and other post 2018 Netflix titles. It seemed to me they were better suited in 2017. Also was curious why it seemed he'd stopped updating his timeline.

So came here. The old thread link was broken. But found it. And learned that DIrish had died. That is damned heartbreaking. Moreso because he never got to see the finish of Phase 3. THE MCU was a huge passion of his. :mad::mad: (No crying emojis here, so using mad emojis instead.)

I've now updated the spreadsheet according to this thread, which places a number of the TV shows that DIrish had tenatively placed in 2018 back in 2017.

Here is the link:

My spreadsheet is not as detailed as DIrish's. I didn't need that level of detail. I place films and episodes based on the dates the majority of the film or episode occurs.

Should I create a new thread for the spreadsheet? I'm happy to have it here. If you notice any errors, please comment. I'll fix.

Also, feel free to make a copy of the spreadsheet to your own Google Drive for your own use. I've no problem with people creating copies and making changes as they see fit.

Last edited:
I finally got around to updating my spreadsheet on the MCU Timeline. I've been using DIrish's detailed timeline as a guide.

Once I'd finished, I decided I had to ask him some questions about Luke Cage S02 and other post 2018 Netflix titles. It seemed to me they were better suited in 2017. Also was curious why it seemed he;d stopped updating his timeline.

So came here. The old thread link was broken. But found it. And learned that DIrish had died. That is damned heartbreaking. Moreso because he never go to see the finish of Phase 3. :mad::mad:

I've now updated the spreadsheet according to this thread, which places a number of the TV shows that DIrish had tenatively placed in 2018 back in 2017.

Here is the link:

My spreadsheet is not as detailed as DIrish's. I didn't need that level of detail. I place films and episodes based on the dates the majority of the film or episode occurs.

Should I create a new thread for the spreadsheet? I'm happy to have it here. If you notice any errors, please comment. I'll fix.

Also, feel free to make a copy of the spreadsheet to your own Google Drive for your own use. I've no problem with people creating copies and making changes as they see fit.
Great work with the spreadsheet!

Whether you'd like to make a thread for the spreadsheet is up to you, although since it's based on this timeline, it might be redundant with this thread since most of the discussion on the timeline happens here anyway.

If you want, I can link to your spreadsheet at the beginning of the thread.

If you want, I can link to your spreadsheet at the beginning of the thread.

Sure. Some people might find it useful, in that it's more episodic/film-based rather than minute-by-minute based.

And I won't bother with a new thread for the spreadsheet. Since I'm using this thread as a source for the spreadsheet. And if it's linked at the top, it's now part of the overall discussion.

I think we have to consider this non-canon until we see Endgame. Because this seems to pre-suppose that she returns to Earth to some private facility before heading to the source of the pager signal. Whereas the trailers suggest she first shows up at the source of the pager signal at Avengers HQ.

Not too mention that the entire promo is a tad goofy and lacks any urgency on the part of the person debriefing Carol.

I think the majority of the MCU promos can be fit quite easily into canon. There's only one that can't, which is the Runaways S01 promo. This Audi commercial is likely a second.

There's a problem with episode 4 of Cloak & Dagger season 2. Tyrone's mother says that Tandy visited their home last year. I guess we should just ignore this, because it ruins all C&D timeline. Or am I missing something?

There's a problem with episode 4 of Cloak & Dagger season 2. Tyrone's mother says that Tandy visited their home last year. I guess we should just ignore this, because it ruins all C&D timeline. Or am I missing something?
Yeah, I'm ignoring it. It takes place immediately after episode 3, which is explicitly set 242 days (October 29) after Mayhem's awakening (March 1). Also, Evita says in episode 1 that Tyrone was missing for 8 months (late February to October),

Unless season 1 takes place over the course of two or more months, which doesn't seem to be the case.

So they say that none of the Phase 1 post credit scenes, besides Captain America and Iron Man 2 make sense. Maybe that's kinda true, but you can make them make sense.

1. Iron Man 1- "You're not the only superhero", implying he's already started to put a team together. Now it's the fact he's heard about Captain America and met Captain Marvel.

2. Incredible Hulk- fixed by "The Consultant" of course.

3. Thor- how can Loki already be on Earth if he comes to Earth later in Avengers? He's not. He's using the Tesseract to speak through Selvig while still on Asgard.

4. The Avengers- "To challenge them is to court Death." Death is no longer a person, it's just "court death", meaning the humans may pose a challenge since they have superpowers.

Speaking of Incredible Hulk, the newest Endgame trailer has footage for all 21 previous movies, but not Incredible Hulk. For that, they show Ruffalo's Hulk and Civil War Ross. I guess we know why, but it's a bit weird:

Also, Marvel put up (almost) all post credit scenes on their Twitter page, including the Endgame one from Captain Marvel:

So they say that none of the Phase 1 post credit scenes, besides Captain America and Iron Man 2 make sense. Maybe that's kinda true, but you can make them make sense.

1. Iron Man 1- "You're not the only superhero", implying he's already started to put a team together. Now it's the fact he's heard about Captain America and met Captain Marvel.

2. Incredible Hulk- fixed by "The Consultant" of course.

3. Thor- how can Loki already be on Earth if he comes to Earth later in Avengers? He's not. He's using the Tesseract to speak through Selvig while still on Asgard.

4. The Avengers- "To challenge them is to court Death." Death is no longer a person, it's just "court death", meaning the humans may pose a challenge since they have superpowers.

Speaking of Incredible Hulk, the newest Endgame trailer has footage for all 21 previous movies, but not Incredible Hulk. For that, they show Ruffalo's Hulk and Civil War Ross. I guess we know why, but it's a bit weird:

Also, Marvel put up (almost) all post credit scenes on their Twitter page, including the Endgame one from Captain Marvel:

Technically, The Incredible Hulk didn't have a post credit scene. That was before the credits.

Latest posts

Back