Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

No, not in the context of the questions.
Really? I read the interview and it seemed like they just said they didn't want to set it "five or six years later", which means it's not set post-Endgame. Doesn't mean it's not post-Infinity War.

Really? I read the interview and it seemed like they just said they didn't want to set it "five or six years later", which means it's not set post-Endgame. Doesn't mean it's not post-Infinity War.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Last season we got a reference to the events in Avengers: Infinity War, but there wasn't an MCU reference in the premiere. Can we expect any references or nods to Infinity War or Endgamein the new season?
JED WHEDON:
We are pre-Endgame.
That means the season is taking place during the years with the vanished. Does that have any bearing on the story at all?
JEFF BELL:
We're actually pre-Snap.
WHEDON: For the multiple reasons, we had to do that. One of the main ones being that we were not positive when season 6 would air. We were pretty sure it was going to be in the summer, but if they moved us up to January and we had tied into in any way, it would've destroyed everything. So the safest course of action for all parties involved was for us to stay pre-Snap.

So, basically, they're wrong.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Last season we got a reference to the events in Avengers: Infinity War, but there wasn't an MCU reference in the premiere. Can we expect any references or nods to Infinity War or Endgamein the new season?
JED WHEDON:
We are pre-Endgame.
That means the season is taking place during the years with the vanished. Does that have any bearing on the story at all?
JEFF BELL:
We're actually pre-Snap.
WHEDON: For the multiple reasons, we had to do that. One of the main ones being that we were not positive when season 6 would air. We were pretty sure it was going to be in the summer, but if they moved us up to January and we had tied into in any way, it would've destroyed everything. So the safest course of action for all parties involved was for us to stay pre-Snap.

So, basically, they're wrong.
Ah, I guess I read a different interview.

Captain Marvel Timeline
In one scene of Captain Marvel, we see a 1995 Calendar on the June page, later that night it's a full moon. That day would be Tuesday, 13th June 1995. Now we can calculate backwards and forwards for the main plot of the movie.

TheMCUFan, Marvel Cinematic Universe wiki

Captain Marvel Timeline
In one scene of Captain Marvel, we see a 1995 Calendar on the June page, later that night it's a full moon. That day would be Tuesday, 13th June 1995. Now we can calculate backwards and forwards for the main plot of the movie.

TheMCUFan, Marvel Cinematic Universe wiki
I've heard about that, but I'm reluctant to add the precise date of June 13 to the timeline since a moon phase can be for visual effect, not necessarily indicative of when something takes place.

For example, in Thor, there's a full moon in June 2, 2011, even though in real life it was a new moon.

Honestly, you should just set Agents of SHIELD season 6 one year after Endgame and call it a day. Its mathematically impossible for it to be one year later and be pre snap. Ignore the stupid producers and place it post snap. It helps the timeline and it solves all issues. Plus I'm sure the show won't even mention anything contradicting so we can pretend its post snap

Honestly, you should just set Agents of SHIELD season 6 one year after Endgame and call it a day. Its mathematically impossible for it to be one year later and be pre snap. Ignore the stupid producers and place it post snap. It helps the timeline and it solves all issues. Plus I'm sure the show won't even mention anything contradicting so we can pretend its post snap
Yeah, unless they specifically say something like "I sure am glad the entire population of the universe is still intact" then it can easily be set post-snap.

Wait, do you mean I should set it one year after Endgame, in 2024, or one year after Infinity War, in 2019?

RE: Agents of SHIELD, S6

This makes my brain hurt but what if there wasn't a Thanos to perform "The Snap" because he took off in 2014 (prior to S5 of AOS) and booked it for 2023 after finding out that the Avengers were leaping through time, ripping off Infinity Stones?

Like full on Back to the Future...he just vanishes?

I know that runs contrary to that interview above.

It's moments like these when I think the MCU Gods are trolling us.

Last edited:
This makes my brain hurt but what if there wasn't a Thanos to perform "The Snap" because he took off and booked it for 2023 after finding out that the Avengers were leaping through time, ripping off Infinity Stones?

Like full on Back to the Future...he just vanishes?

I know that runs contrary to that interview above.

It's moments like these when I think the MCU Gods are trolling us.
The One Above All is laughing his butt off.

It's pretty annoying that the writers and directors are clearly not agreeing on the time travel laws of their own movie. Anyways, here's some excerpts from a new interview with the Russo's reiterating their (right) view of the time traveling.
———

The Hulk says if you're in the present and you go back to the past, you cannot affect the present because it has already occurred. That now becomes your past. Right?," said Joe Russo. "And if you're [currently] in the past, this is now your present. And anything you do in that time shift would create a multiverse reality. It will create a new future, but it's not going to affect your past."

"But to be honest, talking about time travel is very similar to talking about god,"
said Anthony. "Everyone's going to have a different understanding of what it is." Joe agreed: "At the end of the day, any thinking about time travel breaks down. What we tried to do was make sure the rules we were playing with [in regard to] time travel were honored by the plot of the movie."

————

Despite conflicting remarks from Avengers: Endgame's writers, the filmmakers stand firm with the idea that Captain America created a new timeline when he returned to the past to find Peggy Carter and grow old. Now, Joe has reiterated that "he would have to come back to this timeline in order to hand off the shield."

"There's a question of, how did this separate timeline Cap come to reappear in this timeline and why?"
Anthony added and when Joe was asked if that's a story for another day, he said: "Correct." In other words, it definitely sounds like Steve Rogers' story in the MCU isn't quite over just yet.

I added the Disney+ shows after Endgame in the timeline due to this interview:

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...-biggest-moments-in-the-movie-spoilers-753736

Fandango: How do the events of this film influence those Disney+ shows? You have the Loki show, a Hawkeye show, and a Wanda/Vision show, too. Are you guys involved in sort of setting up the pieces for those shows?
Christopher Markus:
No. All I know is that I believe that they take the events of this movie into full consideration. They're not on a side continuum.

Fandango: So they exist in a world where the events of this film have taken place?
Christopher Markus:
I believe so, yes.

Yeah, one can't shake the feeling that Endgame is peak MCU. I mean, unless you do something spectacular and tease the X-Men or the F4, then have everyone on the hook for a few years, waiting.

Wonder what the odds are that we'll see a post-credit MCU tie-in at the end of Dark Phoenix.

Latest posts

Back