Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Well looks like I'm sticking with Season 5B, Season 6, and Season 7 still being a separate timeline from the main MCU. I doubt that Marvel Studios picks up any plot threads from the show anyway. So, it'll probably work. I still loved the finale though.
so that is how stubbornness works. No offense.

so that is how stubbornness works. No offense.
It's not being stubborn.
they clearly steered clear of addressing it and like I said I doubt Marvel Studios picks up on any threads left in the finale. I personally can't just handwave something as big as 50% of the world disappearing being ignored. Even in Endgame, New York still looked pretty rough 5 years later. No matter what timeline the show is in, it doesn't change my enjoyment of it.

It feels unnecessary complicated to try and force seasons in alternate timelines when the actual show suggested no such thing. Sure, you could argue that the wider universe does suggest such, but that's an unintentional error. Nowhere onscreen is it suggested an alternate timeline. Good thing that the story in both seasons are TOTALLY possible in a post-snap world, however unlikely. That's just my take.
It's not being stubborn.
they clearly steered clear of addressing it and like I said I doubt Marvel Studios picks up on any threads left in the finale. I personally can't just handwave why something as big as 50% of the world disappearing being ignored. Even in Endgame, New York still looked pretty rough 5 years later. No matter what timeline the show is in, it doesn't change my enjoyment of it.
What are you're thoughts on Runaways S3?

It feels unnecessary complicated to try and force seasons in alternate timelines when the actual show suggested no such thing. Sure, you could argue that the wider universe does suggest such, but that's an unintentional error. Nowhere onscreen is it suggested an alternate timeline. Good thing that the story in both seasons are TOTALLY possible in a post-snap world, however unlikely. That's just my take.

What are you're thoughts on Runaways S3?
Runaways S3 was pretty aggravating. I mean it's only been a few months since 50% of the world disappeared yet everyone is fine. As I said, it's a huge suspension of belief to just accept the snap happened but is simply ignored. The show clearly was meant to be "pre-snap" even if it contradicted evidence that would say otherwise. The show even set the season in 2019, even though it contradicted everything from S1 and S2.

Last edited:
Yeah I was wrong. I guess SHIELD was grateful for what Thanos did to the universe...because it didn't affect their lives in the end.
Both of you on opposite sides LAUGHING at my post will make me quit this site. Not kidding. I have been advised by professionals to avoid websites that bring stress.

Runaways S3 was pretty aggravating. I mean it's only been a few months since 50% of the world disappeared yet everyone is fine. As I said, it's a huge suspension of belief to just accept the snap happened but is simply ignored. The show clearly was meant to be "pre-snap" even if it contradicted evidence that would say otherwise. I mean the show even set the season in 2019, even though it contradicted everything from S1 and S2.
I remember Marvelus coming up with head-canon explanations for that. I don't exactly remember it too well, but it had something to do with (correct me if I'm wrong) the Wizard phones, and people trying to forget about the loss of their loved ones.
Both of you on opposite sides LAUGHING at my post will make me quit this site. Not kidding. I have been advised by professionals to avoid websites that bring stress.
Guys might want to tone it down here. Just saying.

Last edited:
I remember Marvelus coming up with head-canon explanations for that. I don't exactly remember it too well, but it had something to do with (future edit)

Guys might want to tone it down here. Just saying.
See that's the thing. It's frustrating that we have to come up with head-canons for this stuff. I'm pretty sure there's even a Loeb quote about fans will figure it all out (in reference to Season 6 ignoring the snap even though Season 5 ended around Infinity War).

I haven't seen the episodes yet, but
it's weird and a little disappointing that they'd do a whole finale about getting back to their own timeline, and not take the opportunity to at least handwave an explanation for the Snap.

I haven't seen the episodes yet, but
it's weird and a little disappointing that they'd do a whole finale about getting back to their own timeline, and not take the opportunity to at least handwave an explanation for the Snap.
That ship has sailed. Trying to fix that will create more questions. It happened. They got lucky. Or who knows.

That ship has sailed. Trying to fix that will create more questions. It happened. They got lucky. Or who knows.

They got lucky and handled the post-Snap world better is what I figure now.
Mack being SHIELD director in the finale seemed very interim for the fact that Nick Fury was gone (*snapped*) and maybe Daisy and Sousa traveling outer space was a way to test drive Nick Fury's SWORD project alluded to in Spider-Man: Far from Home. (Again, Nick Fury is gone. Someone has to continue his work I guess...)

They got lucky and handled the post-Snap world better is what I figure now.
Mack being SHIELD director in the finale seemed very interim for the fact that Nick Fury was gone (*snapped*) and maybe Daisy and Sousa traveling outer space was a way to test drive Nick Fury's SWORD project alluded to in Spider-Man: Far from Home. (Again, Nick Fury is gone. Someone has to continue his work I guess...)
That's my thinking. Runaways, on the other hand, is in a worse position, being so shortly after the snap.

Finally got to watch the finale. I liked the ending a lot, very bittersweet.

Apparently at one point there was a line in the AoS finale regarding the Snap that was cut for time, but it's not clear that it was actually filmed or not. Even the showrunners don't seem especially clear on what the implications would have been for the AoS characters or overall MCU continuity:

"Did the altered timelines in "S.H.I.E.L.D." actually shift time enough to enable events in "Infinity War" and "Endgame"? Did the show ultimately reconnect with the Marvel movies in the end? Some of the Time Stream is melting my brain.

TANCHAROEN
Melting brains is what we do. I'm still confused a bit, too.

WHEDON Some of the stuff they did with time travel in "Endgame" indicated that there are other timelines where other adventures are occurring. We're following the multi-verse rule. The only way that someone survives Thanos's snap in the movies is go into the quantum realm, and we originally did plan to give that a mention — because we used the quantum realm to move between timelines — but it got cut for time."

So either the AoS finale ends up as/always was its own "other timeline" where "other adventures are occurring" in the MCU Multi-verse, and/or Thanos's Snap happened to coincide with their trip through the Quantum Realm (a major retcon, since it would be at odds with the timing as presented in other episodes) or they were always travelling through the Quantum Realm when utilizing the Time Monolith and we just didn't know, putting the Snap during one of those trips, or that traveling through the QR itself affords some kind of protection against the Snap. The "other timeline" theory would explain why the effects of the Snap were never shown, while the QR aspect would only explain why none of the agents ended up Snapped. Oh well. :confused:

I'll go with the means in which they time traveled protected them from the Snap because...I don't know, negative tachyons that fused with their genetics. What they came back from wasn't from this reality, or the residue from the Monoliths in that instance, therefore the Snap had no effect on them?

Latest posts

Back