Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Any mention of the events of Luke Cage s2 in Iron Fist s2?

Yes, Colleen mentions that Danny broke in the door of a nightclub (via Luke Cage 2x10) "the other night"; and the scene where she says that and the opening scene in Iron Fist 2x01 is set two hours after midnight.

The entirety of Iron Fist season two takes place in September.

Last edited:
It seems to me like Iron Fist season 2 takes place later 2017/early 2018 (they've made an emphasis on the cold weather, which wouldn't be that cold in September). I'm only one episode in so far, so maybe something else will present itself to make it more clear where it fits in the timeline.

Sidenote relating to the tv shows in general: I'm on the side of "everything takes place before Infinity War until Avengers 4," so I personally have Cloak and Dagger placed in February-March 2017 and Luke Cage season 2 placed in August-September 2017. Again, the cold weather to me indicates an early December 2017/early January 2018 setting for Iron Fist season 2, but I'll have to finish the season before I get a really definitive answer, I think.

Last edited:
It seems to me like Iron Fist season 2 takes place later 2017/early 2018 (they've made an emphasis on the cold weather, which wouldn't be that cold in September). I'm only one episode in so far, so maybe something else will present itself to make it more clear where it fits in the timeline.

Sidenote relating to the tv shows in general: I'm on the side of "everything takes place before Infinity War until Avengers 4," so I personally have Cloak and Dagger placed in February-March 2017 and Luke Cage season 2 placed in August-September 2017. Again, the cold weather to me indicates an early December 2017/early January 2018 setting for Iron Fist season 2, but I'll have to finish the season before I get a really definitive answer, I think.

The cold weather has more to do with when they filmed the season, but they explicitly referenced the events of Luke Cage 2x10 as happening "the other night".

i.e. iZombie had snow in June in-universe (in the Season 3 finale). Weather is unavoidable even when you trying to have it set in non-winter dates.

Last edited:
Found an article from June in which Jeph Loeb clarifies that Luke Cage season two takes place before Infinity War

A quick recap in case you've blocked the heartache out of your memory: at the end of Avengers: Infinity War, a purple people eater named Thanos used the stones/gauntlet to wipe out 50 percent of every planet's population by snapping his fingers. Those who got dusted were chosen at random. So, in theory, at some point half the cast of all these shows needs to go.

"It depends on the show," says Loeb. "There's no blanket statement I can give you. Certainly Luke Cage takes place before the infamous snap — and some of that just had to with the fact that we were shooting [the second season] before the movie came out. Obviously, we can't be telling the end of the story before we get there."

This was said at a screening of the season two premiere of Luke Cage.

It's all but shown/mentioned in the series themselves that say they're in 2017...

Last edited:
That settles it for me, not that I ever thought otherwise. I can think of like 10 instances in the MCU where the prop department was wrong, so no sense in clinging to that.

How many votes do we think should constitute a change of something old?

Last edited:
So assuming we do move Luke Cage season 2 to August-September 2017, how would that affect the placement of Cloak and Dagger? Where it is now (February 2018) works with "before Infinity War," but to me, it would have to be February 2017 to line up with the Luke Cage references. If Misty left the force after the Defenders in November 2016, O'Reilly would have been transferred soon after that in time for the February 2017 placement of Cloak and Dagger. This way, Misty is told about O'Reilly being transferred in Luke Cage season 2 when she returns to the force and it makes sense why she wouldn't have known why her close friend from work had been transferred for almost 2 years. This also fits with the New Orleans police continuing to make references to O'Reilly's past in New York, implying (to me, at least) that her transfer to New Orleans happened recently.

Another thing: Not sure if we're going by real-world release dates, but in episode 1 Danny is using an iPhone X, which was released in November 2017.

I'm still not sure the idea of half the shows characters disappearing works unless the click is is fixed by a means that isn't time travel, but bts leaks show time travel is heavily involved. This would mean the click never happens and the shows would be unaware it even happened and would continue uninterrupted. If this does happen then there is no reason LC would need to be moved.
I'm inclined to stick with DIrishB on keeping it where it is until we see what IF and DD show in terms of their timeline.
I also wouldn't bank on what Loeb says in one interview given that '8 Years Later' got by a lot of people and made it into a film.

I'm also time stamping IF flashbacks in season 2 so they can be placed in the timeline along with the help of people on here

Another thing: Not sure if we're going by real-world release dates, but in episode 1 Danny is using an iPhone X, which was released in November 2017.

I wouldn't. The MCU has Howard and Tony Stark, and access to alien tech. They're a little ahead of us.

I'm still not sure the idea of half the shows characters disappearing works unless the click is is fixed by a means that isn't time travel, but bts leaks show time travel is heavily involved. This would mean the click never happens and the shows would be unaware it even happened and would continue uninterrupted. If this does happen then there is no reason LC would need to be moved.
I'm inclined to stick with DIrishB on keeping it where it is until we see what IF and DD show in terms of their timeline.
I also wouldn't bank on what Loeb says in one interview given that '8 Years Later' got by a lot of people and made it into a film.

I'm also time stamping IF flashbacks in season 2 so they can be placed in the timeline along with the help of people on here

The Homecoming snafu was a done as a narrative decision by the writers/producers, and it made it past everyone else because they weren't thinking about the larger timeline. This is Loeb (the Feige of the TV side) using the operative word "Certainly" in direct reference to the timeline. Seems stubborn to ignore that. Also just leaves a narrative gap of 2 years between Defenders and LC2/IF2 that seems needless and wrong. Not to mention the Netflix stuff has always lagged behind release dates by about 6-12 months.

I agree that Luke Cage Season 2 should be in 2017. I've always thought that though, it doesn't make sense to stick it in 2018 when the Netflix shows have always been set prior to their release date. Daredevil should have nail it down further, but as Iron Fist Season 2 takes place pretty much immediately post-Luke Cage Season 2, and by all indications seems to be not too long after the events of the first season, it would make sense imo for Iron Fist Season 2 to be in 2017, helping nail Luke Cage Season 2 down to 2017 as well.

I have no problem moving LC, I also have no problem waiting to fully confirm this either though

In episode one, you can see the Empire State Building lit up red, white, and blue out the window of Joy's apartment. If the season is taking place in September, this could be either for Labor Day or a 9/11 memorial according to the Empire State Building lighting calendar. http://www.esbnyc.com/explore/tower-lights/calendar

EDIT: The Empire State Building is lit up yellow in episode three. Looking at the calendar linked above, this either shows that a week has passed between episodes one and three or that we can't use the lighting as an accurate representation of the passage of time, most likely it was just when they filmed. Leaning towards the latter here.

EDIT 2: Again in episode five, you can see the Empire State Building lit up some kind of purple and green (it's in the background of the shot, so didn't catch exactly what colors it was). If it was red and green, this could be lining up with the lighting calendar for 2017. I doubt this much attention was put on the color of the lighting of the Empire State Building, but I'll keep my eye out for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the timeline... did we ever rationalize the 5 month gap between episodes in Agents of SHIELD season 5? I know we need to make the last several episodes to go with Infinity War and Ant-Man 2 complicates things with the house arrest sentence, but that seems extremely clunky. I'll have to rewatch and see if that's feasible.

In episode one, you can see the Empire State Building lit up red, white, and blue out the window of Joy's apartment. If the season is taking place in September, this could be either for Labor Day or a 9/11 memorial according to the Empire State Building lighting calendar. http://www.esbnyc.com/explore/tower-lights/calendar

Good catch. I'd say 9-11 makes more sense if that works.

Some not so worked out IF season 2 flashback information below;

Episode 2 13:06 - 14:58, 24:49 - 27:35 & 45:04 - 47:13 are all flashbacks to the fight for the right to face the dragon, these would be placed just before Danny gets the Iron Fist
Episode 4 0:00 - 1:02 is repeated again later in the episode at 46:51 so can simply be ignored
Episode 5 0:50 - 2:12 is a flash back to Davos and Danny as children so would have guess based on age. 26:36 - 29:21 Is Davos leaving to find Danny so could be during season 1 or before
Episode 7 32:28 - 33:30 Flash back to a capture Mary, hard to date, she was held captive for 22 months (mentioned in ep10). The discharge letter had no date on so really can be placed anywhere unless someone spots something to date it
Episode 8 12:04 - 13:16 Mary being found, again hard to date
Episode 10 0:00 - 1:06 Looks like Danny after being found 1:06 - 1:27 is a guessing game as shows them as kids again, 1:27 - 2:05 - Can be placed after getting the fist but would be video only. 46:00 onward until the end of the episode is simply months later

It's also worth mentioning there must a time jump between episode 7 and 8 to allow Danny to heal and the kids to get set up with Davos but other dialogue indicates they are still after the bowl as if very little time has passed so perhaps we can work this time jump out between us

In the credits of episode 5 it calls out "13 year old Danny/Davos" so that should allow for pretty easy placement.

Hi... It's been some time. First of all, I wanted to express my condolences to Irish. We may have had disagreements (which was long ago, I have grown up and matured and I know that my behaviour was bad because I didn't like that out work was not seen as good, but that is what I perceived...) However, I do apologize to any of you if my behaviour was annoying and bothered you. I know that I can be annoying sometimes... About Irish. I am so sorry. Wether if I do not agree with this timeline, I propose to mantain it. And don't modify it until said otherwise. However, you guys have the shots.

Now, episode 1 of Iron Fist has Colleen Win saying that it is Winter, thus putting 2017 or 2018. Right? But in episode 9 we have a celebration named Spring Fair on the Bayard place.

Information related to the Spring Fair:
*In episode 9, the friend of Colleen Wing says: "They... It's the Spring Fair planning committe".
*I found this for the UK... [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Fair Spring Fair] is held always on February.
*Season Two filming finished on May 9th 2018. According to an Instagram post made by Finn Jones, however, the post was deleted. [https://blogdesuperheroes.es/series-la-segunda-temporada-de-marvels-iron-fist-termina-su-rodaje Source (in spanish)] [https://screenrant.com/iron-first-season-2-filming-wraps/ Source 2]
*In episode 9, it appears the first mention to such Spring Fair. The episode is called [[War Without End]]. Stan Lee has the cameo for Netflix as Irving Forbush and the episode was filmed on April 21, 2018, [https://blogdesuperheroes.es/series...an-lee-la-segunda-temporada-marvels-iron-fist Source (in spanish)]
*The scene of episode 6, involving Rand and Typhoid Mary was filmed in March 10, 2018-- [https://twitter.com/finnjonescom/status/972478200906477568 Source]
*So episode 9 and 10 were definitely shot by Spring Time, thus the mention to Spring Fair.

WHAT CAN YOU DO
*The only thing that seemed to coincide with the event seen in Season Two episode 9 and 10 is [https://www.chinahighlights.com/festivals/spring-festival-flower-fair.htm this]: Guangzhou's 2018 Spring Festival Flower Fair. It is celebrated on China and in 2018 was held from February 13th to March 3rd.
**Earliest possible date for episode 9-10: '''February 13th''' 2018
**Latest possible dare for episode 9-10: '''March 3rd''' 2018 which fits with the metereological season calendar that puts Spring on March 1st.
*[https://www.calendar-365.com/seasons.html According the metereological seasons calendar], Spring begins on March 1st in the northern west. We know Winter happens from December to February (and we are told that it is Winter by Colleen Wing in [[The Fury of Iron Fist]]) and Spring begins on March. ([https://www.visittheusa.com/info/weather-seasons]) So it works, except by the fact that Avengers: Infinity War must be moved a little bit more to May or June as Ant-Man and the Wasp suggested, something that I will agree to it. In the wikia we have Civil War on late June 2016 (a definite placement provided by WHiH Newsfront Twitter accounts and videos, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 and other rest of hard evidence that cannot be ignored, such as Homecoming on early September 2016 (as there is a ticket for the Homecoming dance placing it on September 23rd) beginning two months after the Avengers Civil War, which supports a really late June 2016 placement. In the wikia, that is set in stone. Ant-Man and the Wasp suggest that it has been 24 months since Civil War due to Lang's sentence. However, by now, we have in the wikia that Scott got a reduced sentence of 21 months instead of 24 (this might change sooner or later) We have Infinity War from March 28th-29th in order to be not too long since Ragnarok (very late 2017) and allowing the December 6th 2017 date from AoS Season five episode 12 that might be ignored soon.
*A friend of mine in the wiki, @Mrmichaelt, said that the Spring Fair is another name given to the Lunar New Year confirmed [https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/spring-festival-golden-week here]:
**It was celebrated on '''February 16th, 2018'''. Still Winter for the USA but known as Spring Fair by China's culture.
*According [https://chinesenewyear.net/calendar/ this], there is a Spring Festival 2018 held on February 5th... ''"The original name for this day was Yuán DÃ*n (元旦), with Yuan meaning Â"the beginning.Â" However, Yuan Dan is now used to refer to the New Year of the solar calendar."''

So you have TWO DATES to pick up to place episode 9 and 10:
**'''February 5th, 2018'''
**'''February 16th, 2018''' (Lunar New Year)

I will suggest February 5th as it fits with the Celebration as it does not appear to be a Lunar New Year. And it is Winter but for China's culture it is referred to as Spring Fair Festival.

But why did I talk about Infinity War? It is confirmed that ALL Marvel Shows but some will take place before Infinity War, and these shows will have their own timeline to work on, but knowing that it is before Infinity War would suggest the 3rd Avengers film will have to move to avoid colliding with the shows. Infinity War may happen around May-June 2018 instead of March as we have it. Something that I will agree. In the wikia, we try to use what its best for the timeline. Sometimes we use prop dates because they are confirmed due to a special holiday or canonical date within the real world, other times we ignore prop dates because those are not really helpful. It might sound hypocrite but the Timeline consists on having the best possible placement.

There is a date very blurry on episode 2 (when Davos has sex with the girl) and the date does not seem like a 2017 but a 2018 date.

Our Netflix Placement (wikia) is the following you can look in the wikia in the references section why did we choose those dates:
*Daredevil Season 1 (January-february 2015)
*Jessica Jones Season 1 (March-april 2015)
*Daredevil Season 2, months after Season One not a year after, (October-november/-timejump- December 2015)
*Luke Cage Season One (November-December 2015)
*Iron Fist Season One (February-march 2016) as we can see Chinese New Year (of the monkey)
*The Defenders (months after Season 2 of DD, it is 6 monhts after Elektra's death) (May 2016)
*The Punisher (November-decemver 2016)
*Jessica Jones Season 2 (April-June 2017)
*Luke Cage Season 2 (August-september 2017)
*Iron Fist Season 2 (January-february 2018_)
*Daredevil Season Three
*The Punisher Season 2
*Jessica Jones Season 2
*Avengers: Infinity War (May or June 2018_)

Those are not changes. I don't want to change Irish work, I am just commenting the Wikia's placement so you guys can have an idea of why we are placing some events and how you can use some information to work on Iron Fist Season 2. I hope this does not bother you.

Last edited:
Nice, do we have a rough idea of their current age?
Danny Rand was born on April 1, 1991. Iron Fist Season Two take place before his 27th birthday so he is 26. He was 10 when the Air Crash happened (in the wikia we have it on October 2001)

So the flashbacks should fall in the middle of October 2004-March 31st 2005, the flashbacks of Episode 5 should be on January 2005.

Latest posts

Back