Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

There's a flashback from Iron Fist season 2 episode 5 missing from the timeline (about 16 minutes into the episode). I would place it right around the flashbacks from episode 2.

Last edited:
I agree. But to be honest, DIrishB had placed Luke Cage season 2 after Infinity War but before Avengers 4 anyway, so I'm taking this approach for now so as to follow his procedure.

You are the right man for this job. I've vouched to put Luke Cage season 2 before IF since it came out. So that's my vote, but I just really appreciate that you're aren't budging when it comes to Irish's placement until there's an overwhelming majority. This post made me so happy, and I'm glad that it was you who took over.

And now we have official confirmation from the show's writer that Iron Fist season two, and Luke Cage season two by technicality, are set BEFORE Infinity War.

Look, I hope I'm not coming across like I'm discrediting DIrishB's legacy. I respect the man and the work he put into his timelines. I'm not about to tarnish that.

That said, it's still been extremely clear that Iron Fist and Luke Cage are intended to be set before Infinity War. It's now been confirmed by Jeph Loeb and the show's writer, and that's as official as it can get.

The dates in Luke Cage S2 were incorrect, no thanks the prop department. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought the whole point of the new thread was to preserve all the work Irish did on the old thread and use this one to make any updates as new material comes out.

That is the point of this thread. I think SuperNintendo just wants to be 100% sure before he makes any changes to Irish's work.

This is the sort of evidence that should help be able to move Luke Cage. It wouldn't be a problem to DIrishB's legacy due to how soon it has been since Luke Cage came out, preserving his work and ideas is more helping to keep other, older things set in stone such as Agent Carter's series and the One Shot or Agents of Shield Season 2 with the 6 month gap in the middle.

Moved Cloak & Dagger season 1 and Luke Cage season 2 to 2017, and Iron Fist season 2 to 2018.

Remind me again, but are there reasons why Cloak & Dagger takes place before Luke Cage season two? I recall some explanation in LC but I don't remember what it was exactly.

Last edited:
Remind me again, but are there reasons why Cloak & Dagger takes place before Luke Cage season two? I recall some explanation in LC but I don't remember what it was exactly.

In Luke Cage 2x08, Nandi mentions that O'Reilly doesn't know that Misty quit because she moved to New Orleans, which seems to imply it is after Cloak & Dagger season 1.

Last edited:
I got a notification today that The Defenders Facebook changed their name to NX which is some Netflix thing and deleted all the Defenders stuff. So there's no Defenders Facebook anymore. You think that's the end of The Defenders?

No hint of a year in the Captain Marvel trailer. Could anyone make out any of the movies on the shelf at Blockbuster?

Great article. I have a feeling we're going to end up with a contradiction with Fury losing his eye. I bet it happens in Captain Marvel but that doesn't jive with the old picture of him being sworn in by Pierce in Winter Soldier.

Great article. I have a feeling we're going to end up with a contradiction with Fury losing his eye. I bet it happens in Captain Marvel but that doesn't jive with the old picture of him being sworn in by Pierce in Winter Soldier.

Just came across what happened today, man that is terrible news. I agree with many from earlier that Irish was the reason I love coming here. I love his timelines. My condolences to his family.

On the topic of the timeline, I'll echo my previous post from the original thread. Cloak and Dagger's finale took place on Mardi Gras, which was February 28, 2017. Also if anyone wants temporary placement for Captain Marvel, Mr Sunday Movies noted that 'The Green Line' opened in Los Angeles in August 1995, and Blockbuster hadn't rebranded to simply Blockbuster yet, the trailer shows Blockbuster Video. So at the moment its set between August 1995, and December 1996.

Just came across what happened today, man that is terrible news. I agree with many from earlier that Irish was the reason I love coming here. I love his timelines. My condolences to his family.

On the topic of the timeline, I'll echo my previous post from the original thread. Cloak and Dagger's finale took place on Mardi Gras, which was February 28, 2017. Also if anyone wants temporary placement for Captain Marvel, Mr Sunday Movies noted that 'The Green Line' opened in Los Angeles in August 1995, and Blockbuster hadn't rebranded to simply Blockbuster yet, the trailer shows Blockbuster Video. So at the moment its set between August 1995, and December 1996.

Just a suggestion, would this look neater for the Cloak & Dagger S1 finale scenes talking place centuries ago?

16???
????
Cloak & Dagger 1x10: "Colony Collapse" (0:00:00 - 0:01:32)

17???
????
Cloak & Dagger 1x10: "Colony Collapse" (0:09:19 - 0:10:17)

Latest posts

Back