Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I hope it's not too late. So in my opinion Punisher season 2 should be placed in 2017.

• 1 season ends in December 2016.
  • Billy was in coma 6 weeks, he had 6 months therapy with doctor Dumont. So he was in coma to the end of January or beginning of February + 6 months = August at least. We can assume that the therapy didn't start right after he woke up. just a little later.
  • In Beth's house her son is watching KHL - russian hockey league. It started on August 21 2017.
  • Agent Medani was shot on December 2016 roku and we can see that one year passed since then. I think we shouldn't understand it literally, in fact only about 9 months passed.
  • In one of the last episodes we can see doctor Dumond's passport with date of issue September 15 2017.
  • Weather seems to be late Summer or early Autumn.
It should be September 2017.

It is now...
The Punisher 2017:
Pro Bot
Selfishmisery
Dallas Kinard
JohnTitor
Craig

The Punisher 2018:
MCU Wiki
64SuperNentendo
Crafty100

Last edited:
I hope it's not too late. So in my opinion Punisher season 2 should be placed in 2017.

• 1 season ends in December 2016.
  • Billy was in coma 6 weeks, he had 6 months therapy with doctor Dumont. So he was in coma to the end of January or beginning of February + 6 months = August at least. We can assume that the therapy didn't start right after he woke up. just a little later.
  • In Beth's house her son is watching KHL - russian hockey league. It started on August 21 2017.
  • Agent Medani was shot on December 2016 roku and we can see that one year passed since then. I think we shouldn't understand it literally, in fact only about 9 months passed.
  • In one of the last episodes we can see doctor Dumond's passport with date of issue September 15 2017.
  • Weather seems to be late Summer or early Autumn.
It should be September 2017.

1000% agree with all of this.

It is now...
The Punisher 2017:
Pro Bot
Selfishmisery
Dallas Kinard
JohnTitor

The Punisher 2018:
MCU Wiki
64SuperNentendo
Crafty100

I would say both DD 3 and Punisher 2 are November 2017.

But if everyone feels Punisher must be in September, I suppose it would make the most sense to move DD3 to Spring 2017.

Fair enough. It has to be September if in 2017 based on the evidence.

Havent really been going over everything with a fine tooth comb. More or less just watching to watch, but does DDS3 have to occur before Punisher S2? I dont remember the exact dialogue, but there was one point where it felt luke Karen should have mentioned "Nelson, Murdock & Page" but didnt. (Maybe she still referred to it as Nelson and Murdock?)

Havent really been going over everything with a fine tooth comb. More or less just watching to watch, but does DDS3 have to occur before Punisher S2? I dont remember the exact dialogue, but there was one point where it felt luke Karen should have mentioned "Nelson, Murdock & Page" but didnt. (Maybe she still referred to it as Nelson and Murdock?)
"hi, I'm Karen Page, I work with Nelson and Murdock" - 2x11 9:00.

You'd think Netflix would have cancelled The Punisher by now. I guess... just... maybe...

This is what the timeline looked like in case anyone needed a reminder on Daredevil S3:

January
Daredevil 3x01: Resurrection
Daredevil 3x02: Please
Daredevil 3x03: No Good Deed
Daredevil 3x04: Blindsided
Daredevil 3x05: The Perfect Game

February
Doctor Strange
Daredevil 3x06: The Devil You Know
Daredevil 3x07: Aftermath
Daredevil 3x08: Upstairs/Downstairs

Cloak & Dagger 1x01: First Light
Cloak & Dagger 1x02: Suicide Sprints
Cloak & Dagger 1x03: Stained Glass
Cloak & Dagger 1x04: Call/Response

March
Cloak & Dagger 1x05: Princeton Offense
Cloak & Dagger 1x06: Funhouse Mirrors
Cloak & Dagger 1x07: Lotus Eaters
Cloak & Dagger 1x08: Ghost Stories
Cloak & Dagger 1x09: Back Breaker
Cloak & Dagger 1x10: Colony Collapse

Daredevil 3x09: Revelations
Daredevil 3x10: Karen
Daredevil 3x11: Reunion
Daredevil 3x12: One Last Shot
Daredevil 3x13: A New Napkin

Is this something everyone agrees with?

Last edited:
I haven't seen Daredevil Season 3 yet, but have read bits and pieces about it. Would placing it so early in the year contradict Foggy's appearance in Jessica Jones Season 2?

Season 2 Episode 5 of Luke Cage.

For Punisher S2 to work in 2017, it would have to be right after Luke Cage S2 but overlap the second half of Daredevil S3.
In one of the last episodes [Episode 12 of Punisher Season 2] we can see doctor Dumond's passport with date of issue September 15 2017.
^ Dr. Dumont would had to have issued the passport during her relationship with Billy, I would assume.

Is it feasible for Daredevil S3 to move back a few months to August/September?

Last edited:
Ah, it was Luke Cage.

I don't think he mentioned Hogarths law firm (I just watched it). It could easily be a stealth retcon where he's with PNM.

If I'm wrong tell me.

Last edited:
Jessica Jones Season 2 Episode 3 AKA Sole Survivor
Now we are getting somewhere. Thanks!

Season 2 Episode 5 of Luke Cage.

For Punisher S2 to work in 2017, it would have to be right after Luke Cage S2 but overlap the second half of Daredevil S3.

^ Dr. Dumont would had to have issued the passport during her relationship with Billy, I would assume.

Is it feasible for Daredevil S3 to move back a few months to August/September?
Ok. Now, Selfishmisery's method sounds about the most accurate we can get, what with all the crossovers and the DA election. I agree with moving Daredevil S3 back a couple months.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Daredevil Season 3 yet, but have read bits and pieces about it. Would placing it so early in the year contradict Foggy's appearance in Jessica Jones Season 2?
Jessica Jones Season 2 Episode 3 AKA Sole Survivor
My bad. I don't know why I thought I read that as "Luke Cage". But Foggy Nelson was still working for some law firm in Luke Cage S2.

My bad. I don't know why I thought I read that as "Luke Cage". But Foggy Nelson was still working for Hogarth, Chao and Benowtiz in Luke Cage S2.
From what I've seen, that's true but they never explicitly state Hogarth, Chao and Benowtiz. The JJS2 episode is more definitive in my opinion. Either way, DDS3 is most definitely after LCS2.

Punisher S2 may even overlap with the tail end of Luke Cage S2, if the former's events for the first nine episodes lasted more than a week.
(i.e The calendar app on the dead thugs' phone in Punisher S2 E9, which had "13" as it's day of the month; basically September 13th.)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the calendar app looks like this on the main screen of a phone - farthest left. Netflix isn't working for me at the moment, so you'll have to look for the "13" in the scene where Frank pulls a phone out of a thug's pocket...

Plus, the calendar in the mail room from the previous episode can probably be ignored as the people working there didn't care to change it to the current month. (It doesn't match September 2017.)
tumblr_plsmzs7JtK1u7vukeo1_1280.png

EDIT: I apologize if you notice any drastic edits to the points I'm making. I'm trying to recall all the information given to us over several seasons, and word it to the best of my ability, with a really exhausted mind...I haven't slept well lately.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back